Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 1 of MSF

Day 1 of MSF

I had my first day of the MSF course today. I aced the written part. This is the first time i have ridden a motorcycle so it was strange at first. Took me about an 30 mins or so to get my balance and getting used to the position. Very fun class so far and some parts were difficult. I think that the MSF course is actually harder than riding on the real road.

Re: Day 1 of MSF

Figure 8 is ghey.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Now your addicted! and I have to say the figure 8 was easy.

Well if was so easy come fix my right clip on. Now.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    Now your addicted! and I have to say the figure 8 was easy.

we didnt do figure 8s...the teacher says they arent allowed to do them anymore.

Interesting... I know it was an MSF course, but did you go through a different organization such as ABATE?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

no...just went to T3RG website and booked there

What!??? No box??? Ghey!
    CEO, Angry Marmot Motorsports
    07 Passion Red Kawi 650R

really? I mean i understand why I saw more people putting there feet down in there than any where else, but still gotta learn it

Wow...no figure 8's huh? Interesting... they were still doing them last year!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Medicjess View Post
    Wow...no figure 8's huh? Interesting... they were still doing them last year!

we did like a x crossing with all of us going at once but just not a figure 8.

CSC co-founder

When I did the course it was a BLAST!!!

There was a guy we called PORKY! He had a huge Nose Ring & didn't listen at all! Well, he was able to ride his bike across a HUGE lot into a curb, bounce up & find the only light pole within a mile radius & smuck into it. He cracked his helmet along with the forks of the bike. He was "kindly" asked to remove himself from the range & not come back!

I enjoyed the course so much I took the advanced course. You do more difficult maneuvers, but do what you can with your own bike. You have nothing to prove on the range.

Well, once again there was a guy with an R1, which was relatively new back then. I think it was only out a couple years I believe. He would accelerate really fast for something he would be making a quick stop for 20 yards down range. He ended up doing a STOP-PY, bike straight up & going over. He was able to push the bike back on his tipi toes while still holding the bars. Always fun to watch.

HAVE FUN!!!!!
    PHX, AZ

Re: Day 1 of MSF (Updated)

Well I passed the riding part of the MSF. It was fairly simply. We had to do four exercises. Doing U turns, swerving, quick stop, and 1 turn. Overall im glad i took the class and cant wait to get my first bike!

What you gonna get for a first bike? cause I gots a nice ninja 500 for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Figure 8 is ghey.
    i have to agree with that one... yea... man i remember when i was learning to ride.. course my first ride was a dirt bike
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

I loved the MSF course. Especially the exam. My best friend decided he didn't like the tail light on his Nighthawk 250 and dragged it 50 feet across the lot on his way out of the figure 8 box. 2 girls in the class immediately started crying. Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    What you gonna get for a first bike? cause I gots a nice ninja 500 for sale

Honestly, im not really sure yet. Im pretty sure that im too big for a 250 so i just have to figure out what i want. I have my eye on a few different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhsk8r20 View Post
    Honestly, im not really sure yet. Im pretty sure that im too big for a 250 so i just have to figure out what i want. I have my eye on a few different things.

Glad you passed. Good job!

A bit of advice...take it or leave it. Being that you've never rode a motorcycle before this class you're gonna get lots of opinions thrown your way on what to buy and such. Whenever you get what you're gonna get, I would suggest to start doing some easy riding on your neighborhood roads for awhile first. After you're comfortable with that, move up to some of the main streets, and then on to the larger main arteries and interstates after your comfortable. The gradual step up approach gets you comfortable with the bike, its operation and handling, and the minimal traffic and lets you graduate up to more involved tasks and more traffic.

Just an opinion...

Good luck and have fun!
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

sv650 are good bikes as well

I'm 210 and I've taken a 250 out on an interstate several times. There's no such thing as "too big" for a 250, and that's an attitude that'll get you in trouble starting on a bigger bike. That little ninja was awesomely lightweight, cheap, and now on its fourth owner (my brother) it's survived like 6 drops from everyone that learns on it and it'll still sell close to what I got it for.
    --->

boom.

01 CBR 600 F4i - for when life can't accommodate patience

No more figure 8???? No fair! I took my class last year and I hated that part!!!!
    ~AmBeR MaRiE~
    2005 Yamaha R6

They did figure 8's in the ABATE class a couple weeks ago, you got burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhsk8r20 View Post

I have a 600RR with your name all over it........303-882-8697
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    Glad you passed. Good job!

A bit of advice...take it or leave it. Being that you've never rode a motorcycle before this class you're gonna get lots of opinions thrown your way on what to buy and such. Whenever you get what you're gonna get, I would suggest to start doing some easy riding on your neighborhood roads for awhile first. After you're comfortable with that, move up to some of the main streets, and then on to the larger main arteries and interstates after your comfortable. The gradual step up approach gets you comfortable with the bike, its operation and handling, and the minimal traffic and lets you graduate up to more involved tasks and more traffic.

Just an opinion...

Good luck and have fun!
    no worries...that was my plan to start with anyway...thats how i learned to drive my first 5speed car also. As to the 250 answer, im around 260 and 6ft tall. We didnt do figure 8s but he made us do left and right hand u turns in sequence just not a full figure 8