Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: 10 mistakes guys make

Re: 10 mistakes guys make

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Fixed
    Hey, pop-ups make books come to life for me, a-hole!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Fixed
    Oh yeah!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    OK, chivalry...

I know I had read Capellanus' 31 rules a while ago. Here they are:

I. Marriage is no real excuse for not loving.
    II. He who is not jealous cannot love.
    III. No one can be bound by a double love.
    IV. It is well known that love is always increasing or decreasing.
    V. That which a lover takes against the will of his beloved has no relish.
    VI. Boys do not love until they arrive at the age of maturity.
    VII. When one lover dies, a widowhood of two years is required of the survivor.
    VIII. No one should be deprived of love without the very best of reasons.
    IX. No one can love unless he is impelled by the persuasion of love.
    X. Love is always a stranger in the home of avarice.
    XI. It is not proper to love any woman whom one would be ashamed to seek to marry.
    XII. A true lover does not desire to embrace in love anyone except his beloved.
    XIII. When made public love rarely endures.
    XIV. The easy attainment of love makes it of little value; difficulty of attainment makes it prized.
    XV. Every lover regularly turns pale in the presence of his beloved.
    XVI. When a lover suddenly catches sight of his beloved, his heart palpitates.
    XVII. A new love puts to flight an old one.
    XVIII. Good character alone makes any man worthy of love.
    XIX. If love diminishes, it quickly fails and rarely revives.
    XX. A man in love is always apprehensive.
    XXI. Real jealousy always increases the feeling of love.
    XXII. Jealousy, and therefore love, are increased when one suspects his beloved.
    XXIII. He whom the thought of love vexes eats and sleeps very little.
    XXIV. Every act of a lover ends in the thought of his beloved.
    XXV. A true lover considers nothing good except what he thinks will please his beloved.
    XXVI. Love can deny nothing to love.
    XXVII. A lover can never have enough of the solaces of his beloved.
    XXVIII. A slight presumption causes a lover to suspect his beloved.
    XXIX. A man who is vexed by too much passion usually does not love.
    XXX. A true lover is constantly and without intermission possessed by the thought of his beloved.
    XXXI. Nothing forbids one woman being loved by two men or one man by two women.

Take what you want from it. These were from the 12th century.

Also, some overarching themes of "The Black Knight's code"

Prowess: To seek excellence in all endeavors expected of a knight, martial and otherwise, seeking strength to be used in the service of justice, rather than in personal aggrandizement. <---Me

Justice: Seek always the path of 'right', unencumbered by bias or personal interest. Recognize that the sword of justice can be a terrible thing, so it must be tempered by humanity and mercy. If the 'right' you see rings agrees with others, and you seek it out without bending to the temptation for expediency, then you will earn renown beyond measure. <---Me

Loyalty: Be known for unwavering commitment to the people and ideals you choose to live by. There are many places where compromise is expected; loyalty is not amongst them. <---Me again

Defense: The ideal knight was sworn by oath to defend his liege lord and those who depended upon him. Seek always to defend your nation, your family, and those to whom you believe worthy of loyalty. <---totally Me

Courage: Being a knight often means choosing the more difficult path, the personally expensive one. Be prepared to make personal sacrifices in service of the precepts and people you value. At the same time, a knight should seek wisdom to see that stupidity and courage are cousins. Courage also means taking the side of truth in all matters, rather than seeking the expedient lie. Seek the truth whenever possible, but remember to temper justice with mercy, or the pure truth can bring grief. <---yep me

Faith: A knight must have faith in his beliefs, for faith roots him and gives hope against the despair that human failings create. <---completely me

Humility: Value first the contributions of others; do not boast of your own accomplishments, let others do this for you. Tell the deeds of others before your own, according them the renown rightfully earned through virtuous deeds. In this way the office of knighthood is well done and glorified, helping not only the gentle spoken of but also all who call themselves knights. <---ah yes me

Largesse: Be generous in so far as your resources allow; largesse used in this way counters gluttony. It also makes the path of mercy easier to discern when a difficult decision of justice is required. <---sort of me

Nobility: Seek great stature of character by holding to the virtues and duties of a knight, realizing that though the ideals cannot be reached, the quality of striving towards them ennobles the spirit, growing the character from dust towards the heavens. Nobility also has the tendency to influence others, offering a compelling example of what can be done in the service of rightness. <---very me

Franchise: Seek to emulate everything I have spoken of as sincerely as possible, not for the reason of personal gain but because it is right. Do not restrict your exploration to a small world, but seek to infuse every aspect of your life with these qualities. Should you succeed in even a tiny measure then you will be well remembered for your quality and virtue. <---and me again!!
    HAHA all humor aside that's a great post Shea. Very interesting facts and something alot of men could learn from, when you really think about it. 12th Century or not.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Fri May 15th, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Girls love chivalry.

Chemistry is the simple attraction. Think of this as being 'star struck' for the slower nice guys.

All girls can be good in bed if they want too.

David DeAngelo has some common sense reminders and still miss-leads most folks. Just listening to what girls say will help us.

Internet forums are not the place to get validated...specifically from the opposite sex. That's similar to having Al Gore fly to North Korea and handing over the Noble Peace prize because the North Korean leader was the pioneer of saving electricity (going Green), by flipping the switch at night for the entire country. The South African Leader will admit that AIDs is a hoax before Al Gore pipes up.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Tag for man and women bashing... desprite crys for love... and nobody noticeing.

My pimp hand is strong and wanted to thank Typist for posting. Thanks man I have been preaching this stuff all along.

wow, i took your little love language thing......i knew my top one would be touch but here it is

physical touch 11
    quality time 8
    words of affirmation 8
    acts of service 3
    gifts 0

interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

Another mistake guys make, ramming the peter in the wrong hole in the dark.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    Another mistake guys make, ramming the peter in the wrong hole in the dark.
    Not really a mistake here--an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by zetaetatheta View Post
    Mistake number 11--reading this thread
    Indeed, I started at the end, and skipped all the posts that contain drivel and your post is far back as I am going, thereby avoiding mistake 11