Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 mistakes guys make

Re: 10 mistakes guys make

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Scratch off lotto tickets are more my speed.
    Well they are interactive...sorta
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

If Ninja is looking for a relationship with a Ninjett this is the check list:

• Rides own bike
    • Owns own bike
    • Can work on bike (but buys cases of Elephant for Ninja to assist)
    • Is financially secure and willing to spoil Ninja to extremes
    • Has own digs where all the Ninjett stuff is stored (preferably with a two car garage).
    • Doesn't mind 40 years of motorcycle friends to drop in occasionally for 'a beer'.
    • Makes fuckin great samitches
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    No particular reason, really. I guess to just to replicate that "eww" sound that a person might make, when they come across a previously unknown discovery that they are excited by.

It wasn't eww in the "I just steped in a pool of vomit and semen" sense. And you're right. Sex-based conversations are rather pointless, if both sexes aren't represented. Hense the afforementioned excitement.

Anyway... I am kinda bummed you didn't say "hi" back though. I guess that's just women these days. =(
    Ah...took it under the wrong context. Thank you for clarifying.

And my apologies....Hello Barn!!!!
    ~AmBeR MaRiE~
    2005 Yamaha R6

Thumbs up Re: 10 mistakes guys make

If Horsman is looking for a relationship with a PonyGirl this is the check list:

• Rides own bike
    • Owns own bike
    • Can work on bike (but buys cases of Fireball for Horsman to assist)
    • Is willing to spoil Horsman to extremes (no money - just honey is needed)
    • Has own digs where all the PonyGirl stuff is stored (preferably with a three car garage).
    • Doesn't mind scary motorcycle friends to drop in occasionally for 'a beer'.
    • Makes fuckin great samitches
    thanks to N_N

Horsman & PonyGirl...that series practically writes itself!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

No apology needed, I kinda got figured as much.

It's funny because this is kind of an "exhibit A." of how important communcation and communication-styles are. Not just solely in terms of relationships, but even just the everyday.

I meant one thing, you conoted another, and the next thing you know, everybody is all "What'a'ya'mean by that?!?"

Good stuff though. Sorry the way I wrote that was confusing.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    No apology needed, I kinda got figured as much.

It's funny because this is kind of an "exhibit A." of how important communcation and communication-styles are. Not just solely in terms of relationships, but even just the everyday.

I meant one thing, you conoted another, and the next thing you know, everybody is all "What'a'ya'mean by that?!?"

Good stuff though. Sorry the way I wrote that was confusing.
    I get your point but I think this particular instance is a matter of forum chatting and not hearing tone of voice or seeing facial expressions/body language. Same thing as texting/emailing/etc. Which is why I refuse to have full blown conversations over such form.
    ~AmBeR MaRiE~
    2005 Yamaha R6

Quote Originally Posted by GrlRdr View Post
    I get your point but I think this particular instance is a matter of forum chatting and not hearing tone of voice or seeing facial expressions/body language. Same thing as texting/emailing/etc. Which is why I refuse to have full blown conversations over such form.
    So they're are half-blown? That sounds like a crime to me...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    So they're are half-blown? That sounds like a crime to me...
    LOL!!!!
    ~AmBeR MaRiE~
    2005 Yamaha R6

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrlRdr View Post
    Oh, absolutely. There is no substitute for inflection, nuance, and our own personal idiosyncrasies.

This is why I refuse to talk to you in person. That's way to much shit to think about!

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

MRA Racer No.427

Here is my theory - She likes you(great) or she doesn't like you(move on - find someone better)... the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
    Here is my theory - She likes you(great) or she doesn't like you(move on - find someone better)... the end...
    I wish it were that simple!!!

ETA: In the beginning, it may be. But if that's all you've got, it won't last long!!
    ~AmBeR MaRiE~
    2005 Yamaha R6

Quote Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
    That’s a great theory, except the only way a guy can tell if a girl likes him is if she is brave enough to tell him, in no uncertain terms. Until then we are all just guessing and making fools of ourselves.
    Last edited by Snowman; Thu May 14th, 2009 at 02:39 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

INSERT BOOK BELOW:

So.. I'm one of the good guys or so I'm told. Definitely not a push over, absolutely about respect. Like Shea.. no problem (most of the time) telling someone the way I feel or think. Even took the quiz posted up earlier and managed to maintain my manhood and attraction to the wonderful world of women! Made a lot of mistakes and learned a lot of hard lessons from past relationships, similar to the original post on this thread.
    I agree.. chivalry is not dead. For the right person, I would do almost anything to treat them as the beautiful person they truely are. You simply can't "force" a "connection" with the wrong person. There isn't enough touch, words, flowers or chocolate that will make a thing work between two people. Most of us are far along enough to recognize a real connection and when you feel that connection, you act. Sure there is a lot of good information out there about do's/don'ts, but if it's the wrong person (as it is more often than not) your only kidding yourselves. If people would only listen to that little voice inside, maybe dating wouldn't be such a dissaster. I dunno, I sure wish something as simple as meeting someone didn't require so much grief!
    Last edited by Mister BOYD; Thu May 14th, 2009 at 02:46 PM.
    - Fug-it.. Know your worth.
    - "SUV's get Groceries, Jeeps get Dirty"
    - '08 GSXR 600 Blue/White

If you want to get across your interest in a subtle way while protecting your ego, show lots of interest, eye contact, sit with them at bike night or at work (wherever), listen to the things they say that are interesting to them and act upon them.......
    all the while, not becoming a complete hanger-oner. It's a complex dance to be sure.
    Show complete confidence in your ability to sweep them off their feet...even if you don't feel it. ....and then move on when it's clear they are not interested.
    I had one guy send me flowers, gifts, call constantly, took me out for a picnic complete with a mini-Eiffel tower with wine, cheese, grapes.....he took me to the movies/concerts I wanted to see, great kissing technique, and validated all of my feelings. It should have been great...it wasn't.
    When my interest went elsewhere to someone who sent my libido flying just when I heard his voice(that led to a two year relationship), he cursed at me, begged, and tried to do even more....as if that were possible.
    The point is that the "dance of romance is very complex" and sometimes we don't know "why" or "how". Please just understand it isn't happening and know that you can not talk us into it by doing more. Best to leave and move on and don't look back. Don't overdo...but do do..sorry that it's so complicated.
    Last edited by Pandora-11; Thu May 14th, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora-11 View Post
    If you want to get across your interest in a subtle way while protecting your ego, show lots of interest, eye contact, sit with them at bike night or at work (wherever), listen to the things they say that are interesting to them and act upon them.......
    all the while, not becoming a complete hanger-oner. It's a complex dance to be sure.
    Show complete confidence in your ability to sweep them off their feet...even if you don't feel it. ....and then move on when it's clear they are not interested.
    I had one guy send me flowers, gifts, call constantly, took me out for a picnic complete with a mini-Eiffel tower with wine, cheese, grapes.....he took me to the movies/concerts I wanted to see, great kissing technique, and validated all of my feelings. It should have been great...it wasn't.
    When my interest went elsewhere to someone who sent my libido flying just when I heard his voice(that led to a two year relationship), he cursed at me, begged, and tried to do even more....as if that were possible.
    The point is that the "dance of romance is very complex" and sometimes we don't know "why" or "how". Please just understand it isn't happening and know that you can not talk us into it by doing more. Best to leave and move on and don't look back. Don't overdo...but do do..sorry that it's so complicated.
    If it's the "right" person.. most of these "complex" dance moves will be satisfied anyway.. It's not hard. Just a matter of being and maybe a little effort. Don't appologize for knowing what you need/want/like.
    Last edited by Mister BOYD; Thu May 14th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BOYD View Post
    If it's the "right" person.. most of these "complex" dance moves will be satisfied anyway.. It's not hard. Just a matter of being.
    The dance complexity is at the beginning.....then the complexity of keeping it going is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Do you know where I can sign up for classes? Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BOYD View Post
    Do you know where I can sign up for classes? Lolz
    I think that's a cute response....but lesson one: don't admit that you need classes!!!

You're a pro!!! Remember that!!! Now swagger!!

I think that's a cute response....but lesson one: don't admit that you need classes!!!

Oh ... of course I'm a pro! Step #1, never admit you know how to dance. That way when you waltz their glass slippers off, it's even more amazing of a dance!

You're like a bear! You're a big fuck'n bear! And you've got these huge fuck'n claws and fangs! And you've got these huge claws and fangs and you don't know how to kill the bunny! With this, you don't know how to kill the bunny! You're like a big fuck'n bear man!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Oh, and for the record, David DeAngelo is so past his times with this material it's outrageous (for any of you that have read his book). Go pick up some RSD or The Blueprint.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    You're like a bear! You're a big fuck'n bear! And you've got these huge fuck'n claws and fangs! And you've got these huge claws and fangs and you don't know how to kill the bunny! With this, you don't know how to kill the bunny! You're like a big fuck'n bear man!
    Metalord,
    With your sense of humor, I doubt you've ever had a problem.

ROFL...