Thread: PMP 7/27/2014

PMP 7/27/2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqIn...ature=youtu.be

Beautiful weather, very cool with a minor breeze and only two other bikes out there with me. You peeps missed out!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: PMP 7/27/2014

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqIn...ature=youtu.be

Beautiful weather, very cool with a minor breeze and only two other bikes out there with me. You peeps missed out!!
    Hope I can get that tight of a line one day and drag my knee.

Great video man! I'll be going tomorrow!

Represent The Green Monster In You!

@ 6:19 sounds like your locking up your tires

Yeah I noticed that sound too, I think it was the wind. I never felt any kind of tire lock up. I, did feather the rear brake a couple times going through some of the left handers, could have been the rear wanting to slide a bit.

If you go tomorrow, be mindful of the entrance onto the front straight from Turn 10. Stay in between the black stuff on the straight. DO NOT! get off on that super slick shit. I got off on it three times today and had some slides happen to me. The first one that happened was during my first session, as I was out scouting the track. They had a lot of rain last night, and there was a nice huge puddle in the apex of Turn 3 so I had to ride around it the whole time I was there. I could tell I was losing some drive and obvious time through that corner. But after I found a good line I decided to do a first session and get down to business. I can't remember which lap it was(I wasn't filming on my first session) but I came off Turn 10 fat, got onto the black slick stuff and punched it. Yeah, the ass end danced around and I thought I was about to experience a big high side as the bike went into a tank slapper. I had enough presence to control the throttle and the bike guided itself into the middle of the track where there was traction, as soon as I could feel the rear end grab I punched it. Came out of the tank slap and went about my way.

I had two other incidences with the slick stuff, those I knew what to expect and it was very very minor rear wheel spinning. Just be mindful of that area tomorrow. If they get more rain today, then the track will lose all the rubber we laid down today. Take it easy, work up to your pace and have a blast man
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Thanks for tips, and i thought you were riding great Don't the corner workers clean the track, i know when i helped with HPR AND PMP, we cleaned track and checked every corner at 7 am!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi11Zone View Post
    Thanks for tips, and i thought you were riding great Don't the corner workers clean the track, i know when i helped with HPR AND PMP, we cleaned track and checked every corner at 7 am!
    There were only two workers at the track today(that I saw). The one in the office was a younger guy. I saw him out at turn 8 mostly. He said, they tried to clean it up but the water pooled in the corner still. Wasn't too bad of a problem. I just had to ride around the puddle. I would think they could have jumped in the skid loader and pushed the water out and then cut a small drain real quick for the water to run out. Least that's what I would do. But I'm sure they don't want to alter the native area in the corner.

The puddle was drying up a lot during my last session. It probably shrank by half from my first session. I'm sure by the end of today it was gone. If they do get a ton more rain, I'd expect it back tomorrow. There also was a very small puddle on the inside of turn 4 but that one wasn't a problem at all and mainly on the rumble strip area.

As far as my riding goes. I wished I could have dropped my lap times a little bit more. I managed about 3 seconds quicker this time out. Was hoping for a little more though..
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jul 27th, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

There were only two workers at the track today(that I saw). The one in the office was a younger guy. I saw him out at turn 8 mostly. He said, they tried to clean it up but the water pooled in the corner still. Wasn't too bad of a problem. I just had to ride around the puddle. I would think they could have jumped in the skid loader and pushed the water out and then cut a small drain real quick for the water to run out. Least that's what I would do. But I'm sure they don't want to alter the native area in the corner.

The puddle was drying up a lot during my last session. It probably shrank by half from my first session. I'm sure by the end of today it was gone. If they do get a ton more rain, I'd expect it back tomorrow. There also was a very small puddle on the inside of turn 4 but that one wasn't a problem at all and mainly on the rumble strip area.

As far as my riding goes. I wished I could have dropped my lap times a little bit more. I managed about 3 seconds quicker this time out. Was hoping for a little more though..
    Maybe when I go I'll get you to push it faster, show off :P

Maybe when I go I'll get you to push it faster, show off :P
    LOL!!

I'm not that quick. I'm slowly but surely working my way back into form. Not sure if I'll ever be as quick as I used to be(which in reality was never that fast), but if I can get close I'll be very happy.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

LOL!!

I'm not that quick. I'm slowly but surely working my way back into form. Not sure if I'll ever be as quick as I used to be(which in reality was never that fast), but if I can get close I'll be very happy.
    Accident or getting old :P?

Accident or getting old :P?
    HAHA!! I've experienced the former but I think it mainly has to do with the latter.

Actually up until this season, I haven't been on track for seven years. So these first few track days are a "getting back" to form for me.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

HAHA!! I've experienced the former but I think it mainly has to do with the latter.

Actually up until this season, I haven't been on track for seven years. So these first few track days are a "getting back" to form for me.
    Gotcha