Thread: Got My learner's permit today!!

Got My learner's permit today!!

So after reading the Motorcycle safety manual issued by the DMV 5 times I figured I was ready to get my permit. I headed down to the DMV and was ready to go.

I arrived at the DMV a little after 8am this morning. After sitting in the lobby waiting for what felt like an eternity they called my number and I eagerly went to the counter.

DMV Clerk: "Can I have your number please."
    ME: "Yes ma'am."
    DMV Clerk: "What are you here for today?"
    ME: "I would like to take the motorcycle permit test."
    DMV Clerk: "Okay have you read the safety manual?"
    ME: "Yes I have and I'm ready for the test."
    DMV Clerk: "Ok I'll just need your license and we'll get you going."

::A minute goes by she types some crap into the computer::

DMV Clerk: "Sir.. There's a problem..."
    ME: "What do you mean theres a problem?"
    DMV Clerk: "According to my computer your driving privledges have been revoked since March of 2006." You have to have a valid drivers license to apply for a motorcycle permit."
    ME: "What the hell do you mean my license has been revoked since 2006?!? There must be some kind of mistake."
    DMV Clerk: "No sir no mistake it looks like you had an unpaid ticket in Aurora and they suspended your driving priviledges as a result. It looks like that ticket has been paid (I paid it in 2006!)and you are eligble to reinstate for a fee of $95. You will need to take the eye, written and driving test in order to get your license back but we can give you the written today and upon your passing we will issue you a valid learners permit. You'll need to schedule an appointment for the driving exam."

Needless to say I paid the $95 and now have a learners permit. I feel like I'm 16 again.

As I was waiting in line to take my new license picture I was standing next to a girl who must have been no older then 16. She was really excited so I asked her why she was so excited. She told me she just got her drivers license. I congratulated her and then told her I just got my learners permit. She gave me a pretty funny look and then told me congratulations you must be very happy. I replied "I'm sort of happy but my wife is thrilled she doesn't have to drive my ass all over anymore."

For obvious reasons the bike and cars are all parked until Monday when I can take the driving exam and get my motorcycle permit.
    Last edited by THE3BS; Fri May 29th, 2009 at 11:55 AM.
    Bikes, Babes, and Booze.

Speed is relative.

Re: Got My learner's permit today!!

That sucks man. The DMV in this state couldn't find their ass with both hands, a map, and a freaking GPS...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by THE3BS View Post
    ... "I;m sort of happy but my wife is thrilled she doesn;t have to drive my ass all over anymore." ...
    Thats some funny stuff right there.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Gold Member

hahaha you need a driver to take you down to the test??

same thing happen to me.. seat belt ticket. went in to get my driving record and the lady tells me do you know your license is suspended? im not do you think i would be asking for my drivers record if i knew my license was suspended?

D'oh! There seem to be a good number of folks on here that end up having to dance with the fools at the DMV...yeesh..
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

HAHA.. Congrats on the permit. I'm guess this is one thing in your life you didn't stop to think about and decide you wanted to do it all over again?! haha.. sorry to hear.. what a pain.
    - Fug-it.. Know your worth.
    - "SUV's get Groceries, Jeeps get Dirty"
    - '08 GSXR 600 Blue/White