Thread: Motorcyclecloseouts.com

Thumbs down Motorcyclecloseouts.com

I want to pass along a bad experience I had last week. I ordered some Fieldsheer Adventure Pants from MOTORCYCLECLOSEOUTS.COM. I got the pants, they fit ok, but I don't care for all the snaps, folds, buttons, zips and velcro closures necessary to put them on and take them off. Most annoying is a gusset that completely blocks the fly opening. I just don't care for them. So, I checked the return policy before I ordered. 30 days return or exchange in like new condition. They state, "We want you to have the right gear in the right size so you'll be happy!" No problem, that's reasonable. I didn't read 10 inches farther down the page to see that if you actually want your money back, they will charge you 10% or $10, whichever is more!

So, I paid $100 for the pants and $9 shipping. If I send them back, I'll shell out another $10 or so in shipping and then MOTORCYCLECLOSEOUTS.COM will hit me for another $10 screw-you fee. I'll be out about $30 and have nothing. After a brief, polite discusion with customer service at MOTORCYCLECLOSEOUTS.COM, I informed them I'll just keep the pants and shop elsewhere. Oh, and I am encouraging you to shop elsewhere too.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

'03 Honda vtr1000f Super Hawk
    '07 Honda XR650L

Re: Motorcyclecloseouts.com

What you described is a pretty common policy for mail order sites. Some companies will charge you as much as 20-30% for the restocking fee. The shipping charges you incurred should be a reminder to buy local if possible.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

So you're saying that you'll sell them for $80? j/k Bum deal man. Gotta read every detail, especially with that closeout stuff. I just picked up a Fieldsheer jacket for 60% and I read everything first and it turns out there were no returns. It was a similar type of website. Good think I like it!

I admit that the policy is spelled out on the site. Maybe it's not as obvious as I'd like it to be, but it's there. It just ticks me off they want to hit me up for an extra $10 to punish me for not wanting to keep the product I ordered from them. Kidicarus13 has good advice - buy local. I just got swayed by the discount. I'm sure glad I didn't order a $600 helmet or something!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

'03 Honda vtr1000f Super Hawk
    '07 Honda XR650L

Ya, I've been burned in the past too and it does suck.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Most online dealers are that way, especially with leathers. I think Sportbike Trackgear charges like 20% if you want your money back on leathers, Add that up on a $1000 suit!
    Unless you know what you are getting and know that it fits buying local is usually the best bet in the end.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)