Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 25 July!

Re: 25 July!

wheelies are illegal no matter what right now as it is. until somebody does make a stunt spot designated just for stunting they always will be. if they are illegal everywhere then i'm going to do them anywhere i want to. including down powers and in empty parking lots.

Gold Member

hahaha yeah what he said but louder..

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Ok everyone, I'm planning a trip into the Springs and I'll be there for a week starting 25 July. For those of you that don't read the wheelie warriors thread, or the Welcome thread here's a little about me, and what I plan on bringing to the Colorado motorcycle scene:

I'm currently serving in the Air Force in Japan. I ride just about any bike I can get my hand on, currently a Honda F4 with all the stunt extras. I also own 3 dirtbikes, a 50cc pocket rocket, and a little Ka'wi KSR 110... Just sold my Duc ST2, and I'm a little sad...

Anyways - The Air Force is not my thing anymore, and I'm looking to change things up. I'm originally from Colrado Springs, and it just seems natural to move back there and start some kind of motorcycle business...

The motorcycle business in question will include the following:
    Initially:
    Full load dyno
    Gear
    Bolt-on parts
    Aftermarket accessories
    Stunt bike parts
    Used bikes
    Stunt park

Eventually:
    Full service bike repair/ servicing (I'll be hiring a mechanic if anyone is looking for a job!)
    race and stunt upgrades in the garage
    MSF course (I'm also a Rider Coach)
    Stunt competitions
    Custom bikes
    General hooligan-ness

The reason I am bringing this up is because I would love to get together with some of the SOCO crowd and get ideas, and feedback on the store.

I am getting out of the Air Force with a wife and 4 kids to follow my passion of motorcycles, so I have to make sure it is a wise decision, and that the area can support another store.

I think this store will be like no other bike shop/gear supplier around, as it is a "by bikers for bikers" kind of thing.

I'm all about the community - strengthening it, building it, and partying with it. Bike nights and events will be a regular happening at the shop. It's somewhere we can go and pretty much do what we want without having to worry about anybody harrassing us.

Another thing is I'm not doing this to get rich, so you can expect reasonable prices. As long as I make enough money to keep riding, and pay for health insurance, I'm happy lol.

Anyways, just a heads up - If anyone is free, let me know, I'll BUMP this up before I jump on the plane back to the states.

Look forward to meeting you guys!

Good luck in your endevours!
    What name are you thinking for your shop?
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Gold Member

hahaha bashed bikes???

i kid i kid..

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    tipys you dont even know any stunters.. youve never ridn with a guy who does nothing but whoolies in lots.. youv never hung out for a day in a lot to see whats it all about.. you feel into the crack of stunters suck and are nothing but assholes.. youv never seen how we help each other out when our bikes brake.. how we stick up for each other at the spots even if we just met for the first time that day.. you missed out on so much falling into the crowd of if you dont go to the track your a looser.. do you relize that if i needed to get to denver i could do it with out having to bribe the person.. i made it clear that people like you are not welcome at the spots... you know nothing about us but judge us as if you know everything.. your words in your own post i dont stunt so i wont go to a place that is trying to help everyone one out.. its cool man you dont do it.. dont come into a thread and be like i wouldnt go and talk down to a person who wants to do somthing new.. not that you realy did just sayn.. it did come off as a bit of a dick thing to say..

Yup sounds like you know me better then I know myself. But wait you don't know who I have met what I have done you what I do you know really nothing about me.

Also it really wasn't much of having to bribe someone to get there rather just not weast my extra ticket.

Now if the shop had something I needed I would go there over the dealership for sure but I would never be a steady customer. For the main thing of me seeing it as turning into a baised stunt shop. You don't see me going to Harley to get my bike serviced.

But ya I would like to know how you know who I have met and what I have done.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

bring that dirt bike out of yours.. you dont have the skills cuz you never tryd.. just leave the latex and leather at home..
    But then he'd feel naked leaving the house without his lather and latex....probably becuase he would be, and uh...you don't wanna see that.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    But then he'd feel naked leaving the house without his lather and latex....probably becuase he would be, and uh...you don't wanna see that.
    Hush your mouth you GSXR hillbilly squid!!!! Everyone wants an eye full of my birthday suit!!!!

There's no place like home............

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Yup sounds like you know me better then I know myself. But wait you don't know who I have met what I have done you what I do you know really nothing about me.

Also it really wasn't much of having to bribe someone to get there rather just not weast my extra ticket.

Now if the shop had something I needed I would go there over the dealership for sure but I would never be a steady customer. For the main thing of me seeing it as turning into a baised stunt shop. You don't see me going to Harley to get my bike serviced.

cuz trevor i know all the stunters in colorado springs and most of the stunters in norhern colorado.. i know who you hang out with.. tell me im lieing?? when have you ever come out to the spot to hang out or ride some wheelie?? tell me what stunters you hang out with.. go ahead if i have it so wrong tell me who and ill call them ask them who you are.. niko?? eddy?? richard?? chapo?? jay?? brian?? sanford?? mike?? matt?? his buddy on the red ninja?? (cant remember his name).. tell me bro.. compairing a performence shop to a harly dealership is like apples to grapes.. not the same thing.. most of us cough richard cough ride sport bikes for stunt riding..

i know alot of guys that do the rides and drag knee.. i have friends that race.. i have never singled myself out from another typ of riding.. i choose to stunt but i have also ridin my back from here to cali.. not trucked it.. i have pics on my myspace page from doing rides around lake tahoe.. i have ridin in corners and did the bike night long long long ago.. i miss the days of going up to shell and meeting new people.. ive gone out east ridin wheelies for miles on miles.. ive done the deckers run.. ive railed up 24 into woodland park.. ive done all tese things.. i just like hangin out in lots ridin wheelies talking about whatever the topic brings us..

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post

to me it looks like fizzy just has an intrest in stunt riding and realizes that nobody around here caters to stunters so hes thinking about doing something a little different. i'm pretty sure that there is many things that our bikes may have in common though. to each there own opinion i guess, i think that maybe some may have taken your post as i wouldn't spend a dime there cause he supports stunt riding. just remember that stunt riding is becoming a bigger part of motorcycle riding, so it really isn't a bad idea to support something that is getting bigger as everyday goes by

cuz trevor i know all the stunters in colorado springs and most of the stunters in norhern colorado.. i know who you hang out with.. tell me im lieing?? when have you ever come out to the spot to hang out or ride some wheelie?? tell me what stunters you hang out with.. go ahead if i have it so wrong tell me who and ill call them ask them who you are.. niko?? eddy?? richard?? chapo?? jay?? brian?? sanford?? mike?? matt?? his buddy on the red ninja?? (cant remember his name).. tell me bro.. compairing a performence shop to a harly dealership is like apples to grapes.. not the same thing.. most of us cough richard cough ride sport bikes for stunt riding..

i know alot of guys that do the rides and drag knee.. i have friends that race.. i have never singled myself out from another typ of riding.. i choose to stunt but i have also ridin my back from here to cali.. not trucked it.. i have pics on my myspace page from doing rides around lake tahoe.. i have ridin in corners and did the bike night long long long ago.. i miss the days of going up to shell and meeting new people.. ive gone out east ridin wheelies for miles on miles.. ive done the deckers run.. ive railed up 24 into woodland park.. ive done all tese things.. i just like hangin out in lots ridin wheelies talking about whatever the topic brings us..

I really don't know anyone buy name. I was hanging out with Florida and been with her to the stunt stop a fee times.(No stunting myself because I would rather not let my bike fall down it does it enough as it is.) Its really just not my thing. I really don't have anything wrong with stunters I think lot of what I have seen done is pretty cool. Just I honestly see it with the stunt park there becoming a very stunt based shop. Which I would never need to go into.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

So much hostility! lol...

Anyways to answer a few questions - This is not going to be a stunt-biased shop. This is going to be a high-performance shop. That encompasses, in my opinion/vision a lot of things.

For the racers - I own leathers, and drag knee, I can't get enough of it, and it is as exhilarating as riding a good wheelie. I can't wait til I get my clutch back together this week and I can hit the mountains again... No tracks here . One of the long term goals of my store is to sponsor a race team.

For the stunters - It's everything you want, lol! Another long term goal is to sponsor a stunt team .

I asked myself a while ago why I stunt on the street and the answer was simply that I didn't have any other place to go that the cops wouldn't find about and crack down on us. I came to the same conclusion as someone else in this thread about skateboards, back in the day it was looked down upon and we were all criminals, now we have skate parks all over the place.

It will be free, always - unless there is a competition going on, but like I said before, I'm not in this to become a millionaire, just a way to support my family and my addiction to two wheels.

Something I noticed about stunting and racing is they need a lot of the same components, and the same services. Both kinds of bikes break - a lot.

Racers need tuning, steering dampers, suspension setup, tires, brakes, and random high performance parts - clutches, levers, sliders, and what not

Stunters need the same thing! A good stunt bike will keep people safe, and help improve skills. You need a lot of the same things... High-siding at the track and dropping a wheelie or an endo cause a lot of the same parts to break...

Maybe I'm just an open-minded kind of guy, but I enjoy both sides of the conversation almost equally.

Besides tell me - What does Rossi do when he wins a GP race?

I'm hesitant to put the name out there until I have it incorporated and the name is mine - mostly because I think it is a great name, and I don't want to lose it. Hopefully if all goes well in July I will do it while I'm out there.

I wlso want to thank everyone for their comments and PMs. Both supportive and "cautionary". It's exactly what I want to see!

Mostly I just want to see if the market is there, as I believe my "lifestyle" shop will pull customers in because of the atmosphere , prices and attitude the shop will have.

The dealers are good for buying bikes, at least it's a necessary evil. I go to the dealer to get stuff because my friends work there, I went to Cycle Gear to buy stuff because I liked the manager, I could easily buy my stuff online and save a buck, but the relationship with the guys was better than a deal I could get online.

Last thing and I think I'll have covered everything - The winter time...

I spent $2000 this winter on upgrades/replacements and such that I wanted to do on my bike. The winter is a perfect time to do major overhauls and such. I'll have a trailer, come pick up the bike, and do the work. It will also let me have some time to do some custom work. I have access to Insurance claimed bikes as well. So I can buy salvaged bikes cheap, build them and get them to the people who want them - racers and stunters... See how it all comes back together?

"I'm about unity"

Again thanks for the input - time for work here....

Oh yeah - I like 1/4 mile track too, if you look at my sig pic that's me back in Texas...
    Last edited by Fizzy; Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
    MSF Rider Coach

dont mind our hostility fizzy, its just been rainy around here for the past couple days and people are cranky....

Gold Member

whos got hostilitys???

not me..

trevor your few trips with hoerider out to the spot does not count, sorry.. that chick could not do a wheelie or stoppie so im not sure how she called her self the one wheel female.. shes nothing more then this towns #1tankskank... she was in florida for about five seconds and her full nude photo was up on stunt life..

sounds like you drop your bike more then i do.. then again if you ask around i dont ride much any more.. cool if you were at the spot for some time watching her and her zeros and christ airs... im glad you had fun..

Gold Member

hey you know what would be fun?? if in this so called stunt parks there were things to help us hurt our selfs.. things to do stoppie stalls on.. inclines to ride stoppies up on to or down sloaps to ride stoppies down cuz that shit is fun down hill.. kinda like a skate park with obsticalse(sp) f(or the grammar nazis) things like that... we could take stunt riding to a whole new leval of what the fuck did that guy just do??

i like the idea but i have heard it before.. we may go to lots but at the same time we get kicked out too.. you may see me on the road every now and then but i like highway wheelies.. i like the feeling after hiting a mile and still going theres nothing like it.. draggin knee all that its not the same.. its so calm all the lifes dramas are lost and its just you and the wheelie.. i just cant afford any more tickets..

I don't know about you man, but knee dragging has got to be one of the coolest things ever. Wheelies are marginal at best for me. As for clearing all of life's dramas. Last time I did a wheelie I was worried about going straight and not giving it too much throttle. And I don't feel all calm and serene when I'm dragging my knee through the canyons. I'm too amped up on the rush I get from the twisties. The calm part for me is the ride back home. HAHA but when I'm in the canyons all hell breaks loose.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

So much hostility! lol...
    Its really not. These seem like douchey conversations, but its becuase you can't convey tone on the net. Its a good bunch. We rag on each other pretty bad and we do have our cliques, track vs canyon folks vs stuntas vs teh Shell crowd. Each aspect has good and bad pionts and good and bad represenatives. But its a 2 wheels one love kinda place.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

I don't know about you man, but knee dragging has got to be one of the coolest things ever. Wheelies are marginal at best for me. As for clearing all of life's dramas. Last time I did a wheelie I was worried about going straight and not giving it too much throttle. And I don't feel all calm and serene when I'm dragging my knee through the canyons. I'm too amped up on the rush I get from the twisties. The calm part for me is the ride back home. HAHA but when I'm in the canyons all hell breaks loose.
    when you get passed the rush from the wheelie and woring about throttle and brake you get this weird zone.. the first it ever happend to me was a year after i learned how to wheelie.. its not one of those wheelies that lasts maybe a qt mile.. its the ones that last 2+ miles.. when you have been on that wheelie for a long long time.. a weird moment of freedom comes when you loose the rush.. that moment of feeling like that is why i stayed on the streets for so long.. not in town but out east.. no one around.. no one to call you in for the wheelie.. no worrys.. no rush just you the open road no lifes dramas.. its the most perfect feeling in the world..

#1tankskank... she was in florida for about five seconds and her full nude photo was up on stunt life..

Please share pics

Fizzy....

Wish you all the best in your business endeavor as well. If you get in the used parts game, remember to have great service. I sick of dealin with Steeles.
    For My Diavan

YEah, I'm looking for a good mechanic. I haven't done much more than maintenance and random upgrades/swapouts on my bikes.

I looked at MMI, but it'll take 15 months and $30,000 to do, and I just can't do that.

I am looking at pretty much running the rest of the store and hiring a good mechanic (or two) that are good at what they do.

Luckily a lot of my shop, especially at first will deal in non-mechanical parts, and I'll hopefully find a good mechanic quick.

Do you think trolling the local dealerships/shops is an "unethical" way to find a mechanic? lol
    MSF Rider Coach

... #1tankskank... she was in florida for about five seconds and her full nude photo was up on stunt life...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceez View Post
    Please share pics ...
    Yeah, link or ban!

Gold Member

id love to give you guys links but you have to have special acess for the nudy area..

Gold Member

YEah, I'm looking for a good mechanic. I haven't done much more than maintenance and random upgrades/swapouts on my bikes.

I looked at MMI, but it'll take 15 months and $30,000 to do, and I just can't do that.

I am looking at pretty much running the rest of the store and hiring a good mechanic (or two) that are good at what they do.

Luckily a lot of my shop, especially at first will deal in non-mechanical parts, and I'll hopefully find a good mechanic quick.

Do you think trolling the local dealerships/shops is an "unethical" way to find a mechanic? lol
    i dont think its unethical but i think you will have fun findinf a person who knows how to put cages on and is will to do it over and over again... i hate those damn things when there new....

Gold Member

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/7-ch...-whore-16.html

just so you guys dont think im full of shit..

Cages are the easy part! I'm talking about rebuilding an engine, or transmission kind of thing...
    MSF Rider Coach