Thread: Blarney's Island - Illinois

Blarney's Island - Illinois

So I have been here in Colorado for about 5 years, but I miss alot of things from back home. Grew up in Antioch Illinois, about 5 minutes south of Wisconsin border and about 45 minutes North of Chicago.

Where I grew up there was the "Chain of Lakes" which has the highest boating population anywhere in the U.S. I believe. Over 500 bars and over 100 resteraunts on the water that you can get to by boat. What a blast. Also there was a small island bar called Blarney's Island. You can get there by your own boat or by the "party barge". It is basically a bar/dance club all on this very small island.....Bikini's and beer. Boat races also on thursday night, 1/4 mile drags.

Is there anything like that here in Colorado, better yet Denver area?

Re: Blarney's Island - Illinois

Not sure but that is irresponsible to be boating and boozing. Not sure I would boat with anyone who has been drinking.

John

Yes...Bostons Pizza in Highlands Ranch except that you get to it by bike instead of boat.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Watch out for BUI enforcement
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I play more games that Coleco!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEffinK View Post
    Not sure but that is irresponsible to be boating and boozing. Not sure I would boat with anyone who has been drinking.

John
    Thanks for not answering the question, and I'm sure it is irresponsible if you hag around with goons with no self control. Speeding on your bike is irresponsible too, but I am sure you've never done that right?

Boston's huh, good one. I will be attending on Wednesday but I am not sure I can pull up in a 36 foot Checkmate with 2-454's strapped on my back. Unless I trailer it in.
    Last edited by sugarrey; Tue May 26th, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Sorry Jeff, just not that kind of water here in CO. Havasu would probably be the closest place like what you're talking about.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Naw I was messing with you and IAW the local protocol I put the smiley on the end to indicate.

I am irresponsible. And a threadjacker apparently.

Carry on.

That water sure ain't the Pueblo Reservoir.....

John

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey View Post
    Is there anything like that here in Colorado, better yet Denver area?
    Not that I have found in ten years of living here. I grew up on the Great Lakes in Michigan and I miss those days a lot. Nothing like going bar hopping in a boat along with some sexy ladies.
    I play more games that Coleco!!

John EffinK, I thought so bro but I wasnt sure....I retract my "cock-like" response and apologize.....I shoulda known cause it sounded so proper!!!

Just in general it seems like people are more and more acting like saints these days, yet I see them SIN daily! SINNERS

McV, yeah, I guess each region of the U.S. has its perks. I miss those days, getting schlockered going from bar to bar acting beligerent.....I still do that these days, but at a much less frequency.

Yeah... I've not seen anything like that out here. Makes me think I'm going to have to visit an old bar right on Buckeye Lake when I head home...smaaaaall body of water, but it has boats and a shoreline with bars on it! lol
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

That sounds like a kick ass time, an island with a club on it. Nothing better than hanging out on a lake all weekend and getting trashed.

Yes it is a blast. I have been kicked off and banned many times.....Alot of drunks with their shirts off with the beer muscles.....But alot of wet t-shirt and bikini contests to go along with it. The 1/4 mile boat drags are pretty cool too, alot of marina's on the chain get their braggin rights from those races.

Alot of T&A, beer and super soakers...Thats pretty much all you need to have a fab time on the chain.

I grew up in Crystal Lake, spent many an afternoon at Blarneys. The boat drags were great. The eye candy was nice too.
    twisty mountain hop

No shit....I lived in Crystal Lake for about 3 years. Beautiful place, couple good fishing spots there.