Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma State Trooper Road Rage...

Re: Oklahoma State Trooper Road Rage...

Hmmmm... It has been a few years since I was a first responder but if I was running code I would have:

A) stayed my course and continued to hospital since patient care is #1 priority.
    B) radio into dispatch and to notify them of situation and requested supervisor meet at hospital.

I'm sure I would have taken my lumps and the hospital and maybe had a day in court, but this would have only made the cop look like an ass in front of a judge.

I'm glad the cops in San Diego are cool with EMS and I never had to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    That guy needs to be sitting at a desk for a while. That's the kind of power tripping attitude that needs to be avoided with a law enforcement officer. Reminds me of the SC Highway Patrol officer who lost his job with such an outburst, dragging a woman out of a car while she was still belted in.

Dirk
    You know after watching the second video that the son was filming, and watching that State Trooper choke that medic. That medic should have just rolled that little trooper up in a ball for doing that. It was totally uncalled for and it had been a few days and I forgot that the was choking the dude.

I fully respect law enforcement and I know there are good cops. But in my opinion this dude needed his ass beat right there on the side of the road.

And Dirk I think you're letting him off easy, and giving him desk duty. Because if it were up to me, I'd fire his ass on the spot as soon as I saw the videos. There is no reason for this kind of conduct between two response employees. And I applaud the paramedic for keeping his cool and wits, because he looked like he was about ready to snap that troopers neck like a twig.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

This bad apple in every bunch excuse is getting old. Seems like quite a few of the bad apples from all the other groups mentioned like to become cops... And the comment about calling a crackhead vs the police the next time one of our bikes gets stolen is laughable. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had their bike stolen only to have the police show up after several calls a couple hours later, fill out a report thats less detailed than the rental application at Blockbuster and stuff it in a file cabinet. Pretty much the same thing except with a 15 minute response when there was a drive-by shooting at our place which I witnessed. I gave the cops a complete description of the vehicle and shooter but they just proceeded to pull over every hispanic they saw in the neighborhood that night. Denver PD flat out refused to respond to a break-in at our property and told us to drive down to the station to file a report...

This behavior from the Oklahoma Trooper is inexcusable but it is far more in line with what I've seen from many cops I've had encounters with. The most serious charge I've ever had was 15 over in a 55 on the interstate yet I've been verbally and physically assaulted on several occasions over the last 5 years. All the police are is an illegal revenue collection service that uses intimidation and force to acheive their goals. They don't prevent crime, they show up after the fact. If you want to protect and serve become a fireman or EMT... the world doesn't need another prick with a badge. I've known a few cops who were decent people when the badge was off but its a different story when they put on the uniform.

I'm just a regular guy calling it like I see it.

Badhabit

Current bikes: 2005 KTM 625 SMC, 1998 Honda Superhawk

Past bikes: 2004 Yamaha R1, 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone,
    1999 Yamaha R6, 1996 Kawasaki EX500

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Badhabit View Post
    Someone needs a hug....

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badhabit View Post
    This bad apple in every bunch excuse is getting old. Seems like quite a few of the bad apples from all the other groups mentioned like to become cops... And the comment about calling a crackhead vs the police the next time one of our bikes gets stolen is laughable. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had their bike stolen only to have the police show up after several calls a couple hours later, fill out a report thats less detailed than the rental application at Blockbuster and stuff it in a file cabinet. Pretty much the same thing except with a 15 minute response when there was a drive-by shooting at our place which I witnessed. I gave the cops a complete description of the vehicle and shooter but they just proceeded to pull over every hispanic they saw in the neighborhood that night. Denver PD flat out refused to respond to a break-in at our property and told us to drive down to the station to file a report...

This behavior from the Oklahoma Trooper is inexcusable but it is far more in line with what I've seen from many cops I've had encounters with. The most serious charge I've ever had was 15 over in a 55 on the interstate yet I've been verbally and physically assaulted on several occasions over the last 5 years. All the police are is an illegal revenue collection service that uses intimidation and force to acheive their goals. They don't prevent crime, they show up after the fact. If you want to protect and serve become a fireman or EMT... the world doesn't need another prick with a badge. I've known a few cops who were decent people when the badge was off but its a different story when they put on the uniform.

So you're saying it's a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde existence? I can relate. just because they wear the badge should not allow them to be above the law. Many LEO's seem to forget who pays for their salaries.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV