Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 14'er climb

Re: 14'er climb

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    Sounds good...any peaks in mind?
    Not yet. Just going up tomorrow to scope out a good camping spot and the plans will go on from there. Might just go and hike somewhere and forego the 14er climb...cuz we are going to have 6 dogs between Jon and I alone and that is a few too many to manage to climb that high.

My chick's been bugging me to setup a snowshoe hut trip this winter...I guess that'll be another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    My chick's been bugging me to setup a snowshoe hut trip this winter...I guess that'll be another thread.
    I am very much in for this! Let me know when you are going to do this. I even know of a few relatively easy trips that the women would enjoy too.
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Yeah, no thread jackin'

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider_9 View Post
    I am very much in for this! Let me know when you are going to do this. I even know of a few relatively easy trips that the women would enjoy too.
    Glad that you are coming!!!

We are planning a snowshoe trip too. Continental Divide hut sleeps only 8, requires full rental by one party, and is only ½ mile from the trail head. So good candidate for a smaller group.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by nattynoo View Post
    Not yet. Just going up tomorrow to scope out a good camping spot and the plans will go on from there. Might just go and hike somewhere and forego the 14er climb...cuz we are going to have 6 dogs between Jon and I alone and that is a few too many to manage to climb that high.

Looks like something came up...again...have fun with the pups. One of these days I will get some hiking done.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    We are planning a snowshoe trip too. Continental Divide hut sleeps only 8, requires full rental by one party, and is only ½ mile from the trail head. So good candidate for a smaller group.
    When you start planning this, let me know. I am sure that myself and Monica will be in for it . . .
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Anyone else up for Gray and Torreys on Sunday?

No official meet/departure time yet but plan on early. Right now it's two of us and ANYONE is welcome to come.

Is Sunday a definite plan? Please post further details (meet? time? etc)

might be down for that
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Anyone else up for Gray and Torreys on Sunday?

No official meet/departure time yet but plan on early. Right now it's two of us and ANYONE is welcome to come.
    I'm down...for real this time

Right now it's only my girlfriend and I. At this point she's a maybe, contingent upon how much she gets done on her PA school application.

I would really like to go although a solo trip is not what I'm considering a good idea. I'm glad some of you peeps are really interested.

Provisionally let's say meet at my house (just East of downtown Denver) and carpool from there. The drive is 1 hour west on I-70. We're looking at anywhere from 4.5 to 8 hours of climbing depending on fitness level. Meet time shall be 5:30, leaving promptly at 6.

All this is out of my ass at the moment so we can change anything. I suggest we stick to the times though.

Let's do this!

The gf is out. Unless at LEAST 2 people say they want to go then I'm bailing. PM me for my cell #, I will only have interwebz access until 5.

I'm def in

OUTLAWD and I did Gray's and Torrey's today. You all missed out!

Great pics! So, now that you did Greys and Torreys, whats your thoughts on how they compared to Bierstadt? I'm looking at doing Bierstadt next summer when my daughter comes back for her summer break from college.

BTW-

How long did it take to the first summit?
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Good times mang...def have to do it again

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing them.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

No prob. The gf is very pissed she missed it so it may be a rehike very soon.

Harder than Bierstadt for sure, but not a technically difficult hike. Rest as you need to (which for my hungover ass was quite often). Bierstadt was like a long inclined walk, very easy considering you get to 14k feet.

No prob. The gf is very pissed she missed it so it may be a rehike very soon.

Harder than Bierstadt for sure, but not a technically difficult hike. Rest as you need to (which for my hungover ass was quite often). Bierstadt was like a long inclined walk, very easy considering you get to 14k feet.

Sweet...Bierstadt will be our next one then.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Bierstadt is fun. I especially like how you lose elevation at the beginning, as you walk across the meadow.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson