Thread: the ninja is back

the ninja is back

well, after spending another ~$175 bucks on the bike (which wasn't too bad, all things considered), i now have a new engine in the bike, and it runs. it took a week longer than i had anticipated due to work. it didn't help that i lost my keys, and the first lock smith i took it with the key code cut me a shitty key that worked in every lock except for the ignition. i still need to do some work on her (valve adjustment on the new engine and a carb sync), but just the fact that she started and ran perfectly the first time i tried makes me very happy.

Now the question is, do i sell it once its back in tip-top shape and buy a KLR650, or do i stick with the 250 and just wait to buy a dual sport that's a little nicer in a few years when i have the money (like a vstrom 650). i really think a dual sport would be a much closer match to what i really want in a motorcycle, so thats why im considering it.
    ^Ted^

Re: the ninja is back

I heard the KLR is actually a pretty nice bike. And you can supermoto dat bitch.

-Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Good to hear ya got the Ninja back up and running Ted, sorry I couldn't get time to help out.

And Think, yeah, you can SuMo a KLR but that's not one in your pic. Sweet KLX650 SuMo though.
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

yeah, i was thinking sumo tires for streets and daily riding, and then a knobbier touring set of tires for long distance stuff where i'd be riding on dirt. i'd probably give it the same overhaul ive done to the ninja if i get one, im just indecisive if i should get rid of the ninja.
    ^Ted^

have both...student loans FTW