Thread: RPM Motorsports - Garbage

RPM Motorsports - Garbage

All I've got to say about RPM is their service department has about as much knowledge as a beginner Excite Bike player. They've damaged my bike twice and gave me the run around about it both times.

Had all my fluids changed and they cracked my tail fairing directly above the rear brake fluid resevoir. Paint was still flaking off when I went to pick up the bike after my service. Showed it to their manager and when questioned their tech denied it, TWICE. I ended up having to submit dated photos of the undamaged bike I had taken directly before my service in their own damn parking lot. Why did I take those pictures you ask? Because they somehow scraped some of the yellow coating off of my rear spring at the service prior to this and denied it!

Their service manager Dave said he would call me whenever my fairing showed up. Never recieved a call, didn't even end up getting the fairing until a full month after it was broken.

To make a long story short:
    RPM is over priced.
    Their service staff = morons. <--- I dare you to go ask them any remotely difficult question about a bike, even the brands they sell.
    They lie to your face.
    They've damaged multiple bikes that I know of and didn't fix them.

The list goes on and on.
    Dynasty Motorcycle Club President

GSXR 1000
    141rwhp @ 80º & 10% humidity - scorpion carbon fiber pipe - k&n filter - SET removed
    dark puig double bubble screen - flush mount led's - custom undertail & fender eliminator
    ride eng. carbon fiber tank protector - frame sliders - rear wheel hugger

Re: RPM Motorsports - Garbage

Go to TFOG...end of story.
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

go to Supertunemotorsports...ender of story

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with RPM.

It's been several years since I've had any work done at RPM. I know they have expanded their product line since then, and I'm guessing that there have been some staffing changes as well.

That said, I had all of the scheduled maintenance on my F4i done by RPM (44K miles over 4 years) and had no complaints about their service department. Dave seemed like a great guy to me and went above and beyond the call when working with Honda to resolve an issue I had shortly after buying my bike from them. Nick was awesome as well, but last I knew, he had transferred to Finance.

I'll agree with you on them being overpriced, at least with respect to new bikes. When I was shopping for my 600rr, I gave them a shot at my continued business since I bought my F4i from them and had them do the service work on it. As an existing / return customer, they quoted MSRP, offered less than any other dealership for my F4i, and wouldn't budge. The net effect was that they were about $2k higher, so I went elsewhere. Had they offered me a reasonable deal, I'd probably still be going there.
    Nate
    '07 CBR600RR

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with RPM.

It's been several years since I've had any work done at RPM. I know they have expanded their product line since then, and I'm guessing that there have been some staffing changes as well.

That said, I had all of the scheduled maintenance on my F4i done by RPM (44K miles over 4 years) and had no complaints about their service department. Dave seemed like a great guy to me and went above and beyond the call when working with Honda to resolve an issue I had shortly after buying my bike from them. Nick was awesome as well, but last I knew, he had transferred to Finance.

I'll agree with you on them being overpriced, at least with respect to new bikes. When I was shopping for my 600rr, I gave them a shot at my continued business since I bought my F4i from them and had them do the service work on it. As an existing / return customer, they quoted MSRP, offered less than any other dealership for my F4i, and wouldn't budge. The net effect was that they were about $2k higher, so I went elsewhere. Had they offered me a reasonable deal, I'd probably still be going there.
    Funny u would mention that. My bike was also purchased from RPM. Religiously serviced and modded there since birth in 2003. I don't know what happened but it's just out of control over there at this point. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first but it's just been an all around bad experience for me over the past 2 seasons.

Fool me once shame on u, fool me twice shame on me.

On another note, Supertune is my new spot. I live literally a few blocks away from the shop and Mike's taken good care of me and my gix. +1
    Dynasty Motorcycle Club President

GSXR 1000
    141rwhp @ 80º & 10% humidity - scorpion carbon fiber pipe - k&n filter - SET removed
    dark puig double bubble screen - flush mount led's - custom undertail & fender eliminator
    ride eng. carbon fiber tank protector - frame sliders - rear wheel hugger

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

If Nick Reed was still there this would be a non-issue
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz