Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sun, June 14, 9:00am @ Conoco on US24 and 8thSt: Ride to Bishop's Castle

Re: Sun, June 14, 9:00am @ Conoco on US24 and 8thSt: Ride to Bishop's Castle

We'll take you out again :-) Just don't mess with my food!

well i guess today was just a bad day.. on the mo co ride we had someone go to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    There is no excuse for not looking your best...even on a ride with the SoCO crew
    this is true of you and Dallas, but only you and Dallas, the rest of us,,,,well, how do you think it got changed to it being called the dirty south??? Not just a sexual thing ya know...I got my monthly shower on the ride today,,,I'm good to go for another month!!! or the next rain storm I get caught in...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelawsome View Post
    well i guess today was just a bad day.. on the mo co ride we had someone go to the hospital.
    Sorry to hear that...who, where, what??? Hope the rider recovers quickly.

My best wishes to a quick recovery shawn!

Represent The Green Monster In You!

TMF,

Sorry to hear you went down....

Time to upgrade.....

John

again?
    mofo, start riding like me and you'll be set, 5 miles under the limit
    i won't bug you today...i'll let you rest
    hope you're ok.....
    04 R6 = Totaled

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja2 View Post
    We'll take you out again :-) Just don't mess with my food!
    No shit!!! I was lucky to get out of there with my hands still attached to my wrists!! Please don't beat me

Board Newbie

Finally! i was just approved to send message and access my account completely. It was very nice meeting everyone today, and I'm glad everyone was ok. I was able to take all of you guys and gal helpful advise and making it home in great time. so the lil lady didn't have to kill me. so hopefully i will be slightly faster for next time.

a specific position or point in physical space

Quote Originally Posted by BullHonda View Post
    Finally! i was just approved to send message and access my account completely. It was very nice meeting everyone today, and I'm glad everyone was ok. I was able to take all of you guys and gal helpful advise and making it home in great time. so the lil lady didn't have to kill me. so hopefully i will be slightly faster for next time.
    You did fine today...always ride your pace, we will always stop at intersections/crossroads and regroup...just keep riding and you will get more and more comfortable on the bike!
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

I just got back from a 3 hour (almost 4 hour) visit to the ER. Good thing is that nothing is broken. My wrist is in a splint though. The shock has resided so now I'm starting to feel it. I am starving now though so I will post the details later tonight, but before I go I just want to say THANK YOU to those that helped me, especially the lady that was kind enough to let me ride on her nice Kawasaki right after I dumped mine. She definitely prevented me from having to repeat "no-homo" all the way home while riding on the back of one the guys' bikes!

BTW: The rain in town took out my Palm Treo, so today was one hell of an expensive day for me. I can't even get the pics that I took of the bike today. I'll post more later.
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

So glad you checked out ok. I know what a bad day it must have been for you. My phone survived, I shoved it into my pocket as the heavy stuff hit. Need to remember to keep a plastic baggie in the pocket for those unexpected downpours. We had a hero today, SHE saved the day and preserved your pride. LOL!!! see ya around...

Quote Originally Posted by thatmofo View Post
    I just got back from a 3 hour (almost 4 hour) visit to the ER. Good thing is that nothing is broken. My wrist is in a splint though. The shock has resided so now I'm starting to feel it. I am starving now though so I will post the details later tonight, but before I go I just want to say THANK YOU to those that helped me, especially the lady that was kind enough to let me ride on her nice Kawasaki right after I dumped mine. She definitely prevented me from having to repeat "no-homo" all the way home while riding on the back of one the guys' bikes!

BTW: The rain in town took out my Palm Treo, so today was one hell of an expensive day for me. I can't even get the pics that I took of the bike today. I'll post more later.
    now, who i'm i supposed to learn to ride with?
    but glad to hear you're ok, besides the wrist inquiry
    04 R6 = Totaled

NO homo. LOL
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

This is what I remember:

Wreck:
    I saw the corner ahead and I knew I had to slow down some because of the s-turn so I tapped on both brakes. I felt the rear tire start to slip as if I hit a tar snake, but it slipped to both sides. I tried to brake, because I had some room before the shoulder, but then I knew I was going off the road into a guard rail so I just bowled the bike into the guard rail. The pole of one of th arrow signs lodged between my front tire and the radiator, which smashed the radiator against the header. The right passenger foot peg assembly snapped part of the frame? off. Both mid fairings are busted, a mirror broke off, the shifter bent, the highbeam lightswitch cracked, the license plate holder snapped off, and that's about all I looked at. My pda phone phone broke/died in the rain on the way back so I don't have the pictures I took. I am going to let the phone dry out and see what happens.

Injuries:
    As far as unjuries, I didn't take a picture of the dime size abrasion and BB size puncture in my hand, but that was the biggest injury. Granted my entire forearm is hurting, but that's a small price to pay for my stupidity. I somehow brusied my right leg also. Other than that I am good to go.

Gear:
    I was wearing a helmet, textile jacket, gloves, spine protector and riding boots. I ripped a hole in the index finger fingertip of my and palm of my glove. The sleeve of my jacket also shredded slightly. My boots held up well, just ripped a part of one of the seams.

Lessons Learned:

1. Warm the tires, warm the tires, warm the tires.
    2. Find out how to control a rear tire slip and avoid from going into a skid
    3. Get some padded riding pants or full blown leathers
    4. Buy gauntlet gloves
    5. Bring a ziploc bag for the phone and wallet in case of rain

The Bottom Line:
    Even though I didn't show it, I am pissed as hell at myself. I don't ride with many track riders, but I definitely push my bike hard for a beginner and it pisses me off that I went down because of something stupid. It was a dumbass mistake that's going to cost a lot. I got a $170 careless driving ticket, have to pay my insurance deductible, ER costs, have to get a new pda phone, can't work out for two weeks, only have 2 points left on my license, my insurance is definitely going up quite a bit, and I have to buy a new jacket and gloves. I am not shaken up though. If I had money I would be out on another bike and taking the same corner like I should have if my wrist wasn't messed up and I had gear. If my bike is a total loss I am done riding for quite awhile because I need to build my car and just don't have money for two toys. (I will say that if I was going to buy another bike, I would def. be interested in buying a 636 to ride with the coolest 636 riding lady I have met! )

I want to say again that it was cool meeting all of you today and thanks for helping me out of the ditch. It was also really cool to see the front three riders hit the corners. I wish I had that on camera.

I will post pics of the bike when the insurance company drops it off at the shop to get repaired or my house if it's a total loss.
    Last edited by thatmofo; Mon Jun 15th, 2009 at 05:11 AM.

Sorry to hear about your wrist. I know it's a lot of money, but it will be another chapter in your book. I have one pic of your bike. Let me know if you want it/need it. I posted all remaining pics. And it looks like Steve's 636 is still for sale: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...975#post464975

Sorry to hear man, too many crashes this weekend! But hell, at least you could walk away from it! If the frame's damaged then they'll total it out pretty much in a heartbeat. if they offer you a chance to buy it back for salvage cost though, you might be able to do that, or even buy it salvage & sell it on the board as a track bike or cheap learner. Parts are also good, so it might not be a complete loss. Let us know what happens & heal up mang!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

if they total it, buy it back and rebuild it if you can. fix it yourself and save some $$ and learn how it's put together. There are people here that have done this over and over again and can help you do it on the cheap. To get going again, take off the plastics, replace or fix the radiator and off you go, you may end up with a bike far cooler than you had before,,,get back on that horse again...

Shawn, I'm glad you're ok. We got a little worried after we sat at the intersection and you guys didn't show up. When we went back to look for you all, we had a bunch of drivers and riders telling us to slow down. After the third person warned us, I looked at Matt and said, "This can't be good!"

glad your okay, hows teh bike?

Like I texted you today, at least you can walk away from it. Remember fight the insurance a bit, don't just take their first offer if it is totaled.

i agre with jason for once.

Represent The Green Monster In You!

horray for frame sliders. speedy recovery eh, so you can get back out riding.