Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MotoGP Catalunya Finale *spoiler*

Re: MotoGP Catalunya Finale *spoiler*

Think about this for the last lap. Rossi's 99th GP win and he happens to have someone with the number 99 right behind him. Seems to me that is what Rossi wanted and happened to make it interesting at the same time.

Just my thoughts on this.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Think about this for the last lap. Rossi's 99th GP win and he happens to have someone with the number 99 right behind him. Seems to me that is what Rossi wanted and happened to make it interesting at the same time.

Just my thoughts on this.
    WTF are you on???? Give me some. Basic------ all I can say is basic.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    I really do not think it is necessarily all a rider issue. Sadly, I think a lot of the problems stem from the switch to the four-stroke engines. Some manufacturers have just been much better at developing (and financing) the advanced engineering behind the 4-strokers. The manufacturers that only throw $5 mil at R&D instead of $10 mil, will obviously have the slower machines. Granted, some of the riders haven't been as quick to adjust to the new machines either. But mainly, I think there is just a wider gap in parity between the performance of the different four-stroke machines than there was back in the two-stroke era.

Go back to the 500cc 2-strokes and you'll see a lot more tighter races. Just my $.02.

Oh yeah - and get rid of that "traction-control" bullsh*t as well! I call it sand-in-the-vagina-control. Put on some balls and let the riders ride!!!

[END RANT]
    Rossi/ Lorenzo/ Stoner--------Rainey/ Schwantz/ Gardner. Same great battles, different machines. I don't think the switch to 4 stroke made that big of a difference in the racing at all. especially now. I can partially agree when they four strokes started racing, but not with the major development that has been going on for the last few years. Look at Suzuki. There first go at the 4 stroke was wild. No one could win. Gibernau, Hopkins, Kenny. It was wrong. Look at McCoy when he started out on the Kawi- both those bikes were so far under developed than the rest. Capirossi did so well on the 900 Duc and on the 800 turned in meek results(even with major funding). Get him on a Suzuki and he is consistantly running well. Melandri on the Kawasaki has brought the Kawi to a whole new realm than were it has been before. Traction Control/ No traction control, the racing will still be good. Just look at all the advance in streetbikes that have some minor/major traction control aided systems that came from racing? Dovisioso, doing fairly well. Did well on the satallite team as well as the repsol team. edwards, kicking ass. It is awesome though that we are being able to watch one of the best racers of all time rip around the track in an incredibly stunning fashion. The weather at indy last year was completely stupid, and seeing Rossi and Hayden rip around in it was utterly amazing. Seeing them all at Laguna is a mesmorizing ordeal. I can not imagine what it would be like to go and see one in Jerez or Mugello
    Last edited by kawasakirob; Thu Jun 18th, 2009 at 10:07 AM.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Vermuelin picture perfect at catalunya

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Best ever finish? Mmmm, if not, close. It definately was a great race. I still wish they'd go back to the 990's with no TC. THAT made for great racing.

I was there for for some of the Schwantz/Rainey/Lawson/Gardener/Doohan/Mamola battles. They were awesome!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I don't understand your meaning of THAT made great racing? It would be rediculous to have further advancements of the 990's without the aid of traction control. 250+ hp in a extremely lightweight package. Highside fucking heaven. Even with advancements in TC, the bike can still kick people's ass. Look at the highsides of Lorenzo(last year laguna) and Hayden( this year at Qatar) WITH TC on their 800 TC bikes? It would be fucking nuts man!!! Sure it would be awesome to watch people sliding all over the place and being launched in the air like Buzz Aldren but then their would not be many riders on the grid because there would be all in the hospital. Having a 330lb. bike with those numbers is insane.....but a massive turn on. The traction control helps in so many ways. Whats the point of having all that power with very limited ways to control it?
    Last edited by kawasakirob; Sat Jun 20th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69