Thread: Commuting between the Dirty South and DTC

Commuting between the Dirty South and DTC

So I am looking into a position in the DTC area, but I currently reside in COS. Does anyone have experience with commuting back and forth?
    What does it end up costing you?
    I see the FREX has a 40 trip pass for @350, anyone use that?

My goal is to get the company to allow me to telecommute some, 50% would be great but I don't know until I broach the subject. I am hoping (and pretty sure) the client site is near a FREX stop, but I won't know until I meet the client, still going through the placement firm.

P.S. even though the commute may suck, it will beat my current commute from COS to Bismarck.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Re: Commuting between the Dirty South and DTC

traffic sux comming from COS to DTC in the morning and just as bad going the opposite way in the evening.

Hope you have patience.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    traffic sux comming from COS to DTC in the morning and just as bad going the opposite way in the evening.

Hope you have patience.
    Yeah, I am also hoping to be able and negotiate a flexible schedule. We will see. Hell, if I can get credit for productive travel time, then frex would be the way to go, especially if the wireless works well. I have yet to try it.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

I made the commute from the springs to DTC for two years. Summer wasn't too bad, but winter was another story. Every inch of snow grows your frustration (and drive time!) exponentially. You will begin to curse the tandem trailers brought to you by UPS/FedEX as they have a special way of ruining your snowy commutes. There were times I'd leave by 5:30 and be late for 8 am meetings. GL!
    '06 CBR1000RR

AKA "Devaclis"

What are your commute times? Coming up the hill from castle Pines is brutal during normal rush hour.

What side of DTC? the sooner you can get off the interstate the better
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    What are your commute times?
    +1

I've got an inverse commute that takes me through the tech center in the mornings & evenings and if you're swing'n the 7-4 shift, the Denver side of the commute isn't that bad. Of course you've gotta be up here on the roads around 6:45 or so!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]