Thread: Lookin in Golden/Denver Area

Lookin in Golden/Denver Area

Lookin for work in the golden area, have already put in a few applications but wanted to know if their are any other good places to be applying at.. any help is appreciated as always

ok i opened up my options here to see what i can find, been tearin up google and what not so lets see what we can do.. leaning more towards customer support/tech support unless anyone knows of a company looking for a non cert. welder. But pretty much anything that doesn't need a degree
    Last edited by BeoBe; Thu Jun 25th, 2009 at 12:57 PM.
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

Re: Lookin in Golden/Denver Area

bump
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

Have you tried Criagslist?
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Bobby, in addition to networking, check the main job boards Monster, Dice, Careerbuilder (maybe you already have).

And also check out www.indeed.com. It's a job posting aggregator of sorts, but you can type in a key word and see what it pulls up for you.

Also, when applying for positions that you feel suited for, try to get a phone number that you can call to follow up. Taking some initiative can pay off given the amount of resumes that everyone is being flooded with.

Last edited by 64BonnieLass; Thu Jun 25th, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

yea i hear ya bonnie.. Yea i have been doing everything i can online including monster and a few others.. Just wanted to post up on here and see if anyone knows of a company that is hiring right now so i have a little more narrowed down focus

I hit craigs on a daily basis. And even though alot of the jobs have local numbers they are bullshit. Its sad, cause I love CL but 75% of the jobs I apply for are bullshit. Make $2000 a week from home, offices in Ireland and so forth. Sad.

ya thats what i kept running into was seeing alot of work from home bullshit..

I wanna get out of the house.....DAMN!

I applied here, and got turned down...

I would suggest hitting up the healthcare field. Google the larger networks like Centura and Healthone and go to their job postings. All you have to do is get in the door and things open up quick, if you are the right person. Look for non-clinical positions like medical records or supply chain / material handlers. Once you get in you can move around. It may not be exactly what you were looking for but healthcare tends to be somewhat recession resistant, as peolple get sick in good and bad times.
    Just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by BeoBe View Post
    Lookin for work in the golden area, have already put in a few applications but wanted to know if their are any other good places to be applying at.. any help is appreciated as always

ok i opened up my options here to see what i can find, been tearin up google and what not so lets see what we can do.. leaning more towards customer support/tech support unless anyone knows of a company looking for a non cert. welder. But pretty much anything that doesn't need a degree