Thread: Made up my mind, ride...

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Made up my mind, ride...

So, I would love to ride this weekend, but just not sure which day.

I have a route chosen for both days, too:

Saturday is the Frisco bbq Challenge ride that includes several mountain passes.

Sunday is a long ride with several mountain passes included.

Both routes include some really fun roads and some amazing scenery. The Frisco bbq challenge on Saturday is pretty well known up in the mountains. They are in their 16th year and all you need to bring is an appetite and a donation if you wish. More info...http://www.townoffrisco.com/events/bbq-challenge/

So, PM me if you want to ride on either day. Maybe someone can convince me to ride on one or the other day. Just can't ride both days.

Edit: Ok, so I made up my mind. Gonna do a ride on Sunday instead of Saturday, cuz I want to take my kidlet up to the bbq-fest on Saturday. So, here's the meet-up spot for Sunday and time:
    Place:
    399 N Washington Ave
    Golden, CO 80403
    Time:
    Meet up at 8:45, KSU by 9:15
    Route:
    I'm calling it the lasso route. Oh and if no one posts up here or PM's me, then I'm assuming no one wants to join me. If that's the case, then I'm not gonna go down to Golden from Loveland, but I will be riding all damn day by myself...dammit...lol.
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Thu Jun 18th, 2009 at 01:54 PM.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Can't make up my mind ride...

Ride on Saturday. Less chance of rain.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

You need to join me...SOON!

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I'm flyin' to Texass this weekend. It feelz like the old R&R daze with The Dead. Livin' out of a suitcase. Smokin' rag weed. Drivin' 500 mile days and endin' up hangin' in dives with someone that doesn't have a last name waiting for the sun to come up and get on the road again. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! THOSE WERE THE DAZE!!!!!!

God ---- there's a song in there somewhere

Soon ------ shop for your house and ride safe.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

House-hunting is this close to coming to an end...I just don't want to jinx anything.

As far as bein safe? I've learned quite a bit and don't plan on giving you one of those "come and pick up my sorry ass" calls again. I look forward to riding with you once again, Mr. Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    House-hunting is this close to coming to an end...I just don't want to jinx anything.

As far as bein safe? I've learned quite a bit and don't plan on giving you one of those "come and pick up my sorry ass" calls again. I look forward to riding with you once again, Mr. Ninja.
    We go ridin' after my humanitarian rescue mission. BTW --- I closed on the diggs where I've been for the past three years a week ago today. Good luck to you and your endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    We go ridin' after my humanitarian rescue mission. BTW --- I closed on the diggs where I've been for the past three years a week ago today. Good luck to you and your endeavor.
    Woohoo! Congrats!

You'll have to come up with the route when we ride.

I've got something in the works now...just weird things happening with the deal, so I am trying real hard to not jinx anything.

Woohoo! Congrats!

You'll have to come up with the route when we ride.

I've got something in the works now...just weird things happening with the deal, so I am trying real hard to not jinx anything.
    I hope you ar speaking about the house deal ---- AND NOT THE RIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I hope you ar speaking about the house deal ---- AND NOT THE RIDE.
    lol...yes...er the house deal...not the ride. I would never screw up a ride...intentionally.

So, I would love to ride this weekend, but just not sure which day.
    Both.

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Hey guys, I'm curious. The thought of that BBQ is making my mouth water...
    I'm in Castle Rock, what's the funnest route - 285 to 9? Is there a more enjoyable way to get over to 285 (from Castle Rock) than taking 470?

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
    Hey guys, I'm curious. The thought of that BBQ is making my mouth water...
    I'm in Castle Rock, what's the funnest route - 285 to 9? Is there a more enjoyable way to get over to 285 (from Castle Rock) than taking 470?

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Try hwy67 from Sedalia...take it to Deckers and then take hwy126 to hwy285. I think that part of hwy67 is dirt, though. If I'm not mistaken that road has about 3 miles of dirt at one point and it's a nice steep down grade as well. It was still pretty fun even on a sportbike....just have to take it real slooooowwww.

Enjoy!

I live in Dillon, let me know if you decide to come up, may be able to tie up!

Note: Original post has been edited.

Ah, I always wondered about that! You can't tell on a map if it goes all the way through or not. The Deckers ride has always been one of my faves so it would be sweet to be able to go in the back way. Er...how bad is the ride on that dirt road? Is it white-knuckle on a sportbike? It sounds like you've done it and didn't have too hard a time.

75 lbs/ft torque + dirt + downhill =

Try hwy67 from Sedalia...take it to Deckers and then take hwy126 to hwy285. I think that part of hwy67 is dirt, though. If I'm not mistaken that road has about 3 miles of dirt at one point and it's a nice steep down grade as well. It was still pretty fun even on a sportbike....just have to take it real slooooowwww.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hoke View Post
    I live in Dillon, let me know if you decide to come up, may be able to tie up!

Looks like my wife and are going to head up tomorrow (gotta see Lez Zeppelin!). Unfortunately we'll probably be cagin' it. My bike has set up permanent residence at Faster Performance with charging problems. If everything goes perfectly it may finally be fixed up some time on Saturday, which is too late for riding to the Frisco event. I'm not holding my breath though. Man I'm tired of missing all this riding time!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
    Ah, I always wondered about that! You can't tell on a map if it goes all the way through or not. The Deckers ride has always been one of my faves so it would be sweet to be able to go in the back way. Er...how bad is the ride on that dirt road? Is it white-knuckle on a sportbike? It sounds like you've done it and didn't have too hard a time.

75 lbs/ft torque + dirt + downhill =
    I know that map well...lol.

Anyhoo, about half the folks and bikes in this photo took that route in '07...

On that road was my bike, a Kawasaki Z750, a ZZR1200, the DR you see in the photo, an Aprilia Futura, a race bike made street-legal...

Like I said, we rode that dirt nice and easy and no one biffed it.

Pretty sure you'll be fine...just take it easy and no sudden moves.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

FOG ride Saturday.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    FOG ride Saturday.
    ...I know hun. But, did you read the edit in my first post? I've decided to hang with one of my kidlets on Saturday...unless you are addressing the other FOGs who have posted here...lol

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Hey, I'm sitting in the parking lot at Home Despot.
    I don't have time to read all the crap these trolls are posting.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

let me know when you get there cathy. We leave tomorrow morning and will be there till Sunday midday
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Okie dokie, Chad.

And Jeff...whateva

Re: Made up my mind, ride...

FREE DAY at RMNP today...

So, since my girls' Dad decided not to spend Father's Day with them, I decided to make my ride a short ride. We're gonna go back up Trail Ridge in the cage and maybe do dinner in Grand Lake.

I left early this morning for my ride and before the clouds started drifting across the Continental Divide...

Mr. Marmot decided to come out and see who was out and about. The wind had picked, which was strong enough to jostle my bike as it was parked alongside the road.

I did find some remnant snow drift in the parking lot at the Visitor's Center on the West side of Trail Ridge...

Gonna head back up there in a few...

Re: Made up my mind, ride...

Dinner was great as usual. We walked along the lake front afterward and laughed our asses off for no apparent reason as is par for the course with me and my kids.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day. Time for bed...