Thread: Video - The New Central City Parkway From Beginning to End

Video - The New Central City Parkway From Beginning to End

Following a friend, here is a recording from yesterday of the new Central City Parkway. First thing my friend said when we arrived was "That is the Central City Racetrack."

It is an incredible road. Sweepers, 180 degree curves, hills, perfectly cambered grades, four lanes (rarely blocked by traffic). Must see. If you have a big pipe to the internet, enjoy the 7:40 minute vid with the accompanying tune....

Central City Parkway

Try not to lean the head too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson";p="179527
    Following a friend, here is a recording from yesterday of the new Central City Parkway. First thing my friend said when we arrived was "That is the Central City Racetrack."

It is an incredible road. Sweepers, 180 degree curves, hills, perfectly cambered grades, four lanes (rarely blocked by traffic). Must see. If you have a big pipe to the internet, enjoy the 7:40 minute vid with the accompanying tune....

Central City Parkway

Try not to lean the head too much.
    Sweet! Keep em coming! starting a CSC collection

Re: Video - The New Central City Parkway From Beginning to E

More Great work Steve. Keep it up.

Are you following me around web sites or am I following you?

Ride Safe.
    Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Agreed! Awesome road!

Hoopty and I did it a few weeks after it opened. Unfortunately, we were in my car.

Sweet video though man!

I have always equated "Children" to being the perfect sportbike ride song. When it started playing, I was like "HELL YEAH!!".

What was the 2nd song that started, as the video wrapped?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I have ridden from golden to black hawk and found a lot of cops patrolling that road. Can anyone provide some input on cops in this road. I want to ride it once it warms up a little.but dont want one of those cop episodes...

Thanx
    The Ductor
    A Ducati is like any beautiful women. If you want her to treat you well give her lots of attention, expensive gifts and ride her often.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax";p="179555
    More Great work Steve. Keep it up.

Are you following me around web sites or am I following you?

Ride Safe.
    Marc
    I think it is both Marc . Have to connect for a ride sometime... here, at STN, Ducati MS? We can compare Harley, Buell, Duc, GS notes .

CSC co-founder

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!! I am so CO-Home-Sick!!
    PHX, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="179559
    Agreed! Awesome road!

Hoopty and I did it a few weeks after it opened. Unfortunately, we were in my car.

Sweet video though man!

I have always equated "Children" to being the perfect sportbike ride song. When it started playing, I was like "HELL YEAH!!".

What was the 2nd song that started, as the video wrapped?
    Yes, an incredible road! And "Children" by Robert Miles is perfect accompaniment for this, and many other rides... agreed! The tune started as the video concluded is a different version of "Children". Most excellent as well. The first one is "Children - Dream Version", the second "Children - Original Version".

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Thanks brah. Good stuff!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

nice vid.

damn its good to live here. how spoiled are we, with our choices of where to ride next
    Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by The Ductor";p="179572
    I have ridden from golden to black hawk and found a lot of cops patrolling that road. Can anyone provide some input on cops in this road. I want to ride it once it warms up a little.but dont want one of those cop episodes...

Thanx
    The Ductor
    On the way to this Parkway, we rode up Clear Creek Canyon to see if the new Parkway had alleviated traffic any. Did a little, but I was still disappointed to see buses and gravel haulers in the canyon. As more hear about the alternative I'm optimistic traffic will lesson more. Anyway, coming out of one of the tunnels, there were three patrol vehicles .

As for the Parkway itself, this road just asks for speed. Now I've heard since it was privately funded it isn't patrolled by state funds. My guess is there will be less if any state troopers present, but Central City will pay for county coverage? Pure guess. Didn't see any enforcement on our journey. The speed limit is unfortunately, artificially low. Perhaps for all the senior citizens driving this "treacherous and curvy" road. I would suggest "The Pace"... sane in the straights, spirited in the curves.

Account Deactivated at users request metalnicx's Avatar

Sweeeeeet!

how to I get to that road from Greenwood Village?
    http://motohero.net

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - HL Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson";p="180055
    Now I've heard since it was privately funded it isn't patrolled by state funds.
    WRONG WRONG It is patrolled and you WILL get a ticket from the CSP on it. I have been on it several times and seen numerous LEO's with drivers pulled over giving autographs. They are VERY thick at the entrance by 70.

Its a great road, but don't let your guard down, they WILL pop your ass.
    Christopher MRA 915
    02 GSXR 750 (first racer)
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma
    06 PW 50 (Hunters first bike)

whats amazing is that you didnt have to pass anyone on the right.
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Quote Originally Posted by Polar X";p="180959
    Quote Originally Posted by sfarson";p="180055
    Now I've heard since it was privately funded it isn't patrolled by state funds.
    WRONG WRONG It is patrolled and you WILL get a ticket from the CSP on it. I have been on it several times and seen numerous LEO's with drivers pulled over giving autographs. They are VERY thick at the entrance by 70.

Its a great road, but don't let your guard down, they WILL pop your ass.
    Good counsel! One was at the entrance yesterday but I've never seen LE on the Parkway itself after four transits. One just needs to be very disciplined when on this road because it seriously encourages a very fast pace.

purevol: Exit 43 off of I-70 west bound.

Account Deactivated at users request metalnicx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purevol";p="180953
    how to I get to that road from Greenwood Village?
    From Arapahoe Road, take I-25 North to I-70 West*. Then follow that a little past Idaho Springs.

*You could also hop on 6th ave West, and go through the canyon to connect to I-70 which is a much better ride. Enjoy and keep the rubber side down!