Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CDR Rumor mill

CDR Rumor mill

Hey I can't remeber who mentioned this, but is there a chance that the MRA will not be racing at CDR next season? I know I would not shed a tear.
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

Junior Member Hey y'all, watch this!'s Avatar

Re: CDR Rumor mill

Everything I've read indicates it'll be running, since they're making a lot of modifications right now for this year.
    blacktop, walls, bleachers, pit space,....
    '03 Buell XB9R -- Revived and running hot!

simply great beef

"What a face, what a figure, two more legs she'd look like trigger."

Well if they take out the: Swamp, walls, RV sale lot (which currently substitutes for run off), 3 tons of weeds/grass, and the whoops. And add some tires, hay bails and pit space might not be to bad.

Thanks for the info
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

you looooove the rumors haha
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

It's on the schedule, and they're doing stuff to the track. So, we'll be there for one this season unless something drastic happens.

If any of you cry babies wanna skip CDR it's okay with me.

Deuce
    MRA 223

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce";p="179651
    If any of you cry babies wanna skip CDR it's okay with me.

Deuce
    Yup!!! Feel free to skip La Junta, too!!!!! Might as well leave out Pueblo, it's pretty far away, ya know...

See ya at ALL the tracks, Sean!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Funny this should be posted about 8 hours after I drove past CDR and had a good look at the improvements. Well if you call mowing the grass and painting the buildings improvements then I guess it's safe now.

The bleachers that were rumored to have been removed are still standing and in exactly the same place as before. The mowing did expose all the walls and guardrails that you will hit if you run a little wide in some turns. So thats a good thing I guess. You can actually see the bump/jump in T4 from the highway pretty cool. I did look at the recently posted photos of the tracks and we should be able to fit in the pits. However spectators are going to have to park about 3 miles away.

When I did the schedule for last year I talked with CDR and it was the same BS, oh we are going to improve things well they have
    n't except for paint and mowing. They require more insurance,no pit space, zero spectator parking and a pretty damn unsafe racetrack.
    Sean and Dean I'm guessing you have not run there recently I ran a few laps at speed or what I thought was speed and it scared the hell out of me. Can't wait to see 30-40 bikes try it. Should be fun to watch. I will ride it if I'm in a points chase but it will suck to think that I have to risk a bunch just to collect a few points. You can all jump on me now and say well you don't have to race. No I don't but how many times have you all raced hurt or whatever just to collect those precious points.

Eugene I will add you to the list of 30+ riders that I know of that don't want to race this track. That number includes 2-3 current board members who I will not name because of the political BS. Maybe if enough people start to complain we can still grab one of those open dates at SCR or even go to La Junta twice. Go to a track that actually wants our business and calls to make sure everything went well. Damn thats a novel idea.

and just think I used to love this track. It is just plain unsafe now at the speeds we are going and the size of the grids we now have.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch";p="179686
    Funny this should be posted about 8 hours after I drove past CDR and had a good look at the improvements. Well if you call mowing the grass and painting the buildings improvements then I guess it's safe now.

and just think I used to love this track. It is just plain unsafe now at the speeds we are going and the size of the grids we now have.

Lurch
    Since I've never riden there and several people bitch about ALL our tracks, I keep forgetting the bitch is about safety. You're right, Doug. If it's that bad and CDR doesn't properly respond, I say go to La Junta.
    Kim & Dean

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    CDR!!! LEt's do another weekend at SCR, I won't mind.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Just out of curiousity. What are the mojarity of peeps doing about a hotel for CDR? I'm not sure I want to make the hour drive every morning on a race weekend. Although, I guess I have more time to get to the track now that I don't have to do the first practice at 8:00.
    Kim & Dean

Loopty
    Hotel K&D truck...
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty";p="179701
    Hotel K&D truck...
    Shit!!! Wish I had some money for that camper I want!!!
    Kim & Dean

Loopty
    And that chip and exhaust etc etc etc... LOL
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Dean if you have never been there, my first and only experience I posted about a while back - http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ic.php?t=12324 But doug is right, with 30 bikes on that track it is going to get kinda dangerous.

I just think 99% of what is heard anyways is rumors (good or bad about the tracks, think of all the SCR bull shit 'i heard from so and so that this is happening now') Rumors do nothing other than throw gasoline on a flame.

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Ray-Ray and I were talking to track Bob @ SCR a couple weeks ago and he mentioned that SCR was available for that (CDR) weekend. I know we are trying to stay on terms with CDR for next season but sure seems like if they don't get all the improvements done soon, it would be wise to switch. Next year, lets do a few extra at LaJunta Seca. Long drive but I sure like that track alot. Having dealt with 3 - 8 hour drives when I raced SCCA from Reno, I think we are sometimes a little spoiled about the drive to out of area tracks.
    I get the feeling from some conversations that CDR isn't too concerned about the MRA as much as the car clubs. That's understandable as I would think they bring more $$$ with less safety concerns than we have.
    Mike

01 RSVR Mille (street)
    04 RSVR Mille (race)

MRA #98

Suomy Helmets, TK Motorsports, Zero Gravity Windscreens, Morse Racing Products, Motul Lubricants,

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."
    John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by RSVR4aCowboy";p="179724
    Next year, lets do a few extra at LaJunta Seca. Long drive but I sure like that track alot.
    The way you took us last year only added maybe 20 minutes to the time it takes to get to Peublo.

I get the feeling from some conversations that CDR isn't too concerned about the MRA as much as the car clubs. That's understandable as I would think they bring more $$$ with less safety concerns than we have.
    Maybe less safety concerns but, at SCR the motorcycles alone bring in over 50% of the total money for the year. That's against ALL the car clubs combined!!
    Kim & Dean

Just to throw this out. Why would CDR improve things for the MRA? Next year there will be one less track locally with SCR closing. CDR might just be thinking " why spend the money to improve things around here? everyone will be back when SCR closes" Im not trying to be a dick or anything, as I feel that a racetrack should be as safe as possible. But , safety improvements cost money. And from an investment standpoint CDR would need to see a return on their investment within a certain amount of time. At this point it may look to them like they will see an increase in revenue when SCR closes regardless of whether they spend the money on safety improvments or not.

Because we've stated to them that we won't spend our money there if they don't fix it. We'll just go race a weekend at another track, and won't have a local track next year.

We won't be there if it's unimproved. However nobody said the improvements to be made would be done by now either. It's still February...

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch";p="179686

Eugene I will add you to the list of 30+ riders that I know of that don't want to race this track. That number includes 2-3 current board members who I will not name because of the political BS. Maybe if enough people start to complain we can still grab one of those open dates at SCR or even go to La Junta twice. Go to a track that actually wants our business and calls to make sure everything went well. Damn thats a novel idea.

Lurch
    Lurch you are now my best friend! I totaly agree that massive improvements are need, at the very lest put in a table top after the whoops. Berthod is only a couple miles away and definetly looks to be more suiting for road racing, and they have parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty";p="179692
    CDR!!! LEt's do another weekend at SCR, I won't mind.
    I second the motion.
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

Include me on the Anti-CDR movement.
    I want to chase points but its hard to get excited when I think of CDR.

Im all for La Junta.

MV #33

Alright, I'll bite. Everyone is on here bashing the CDR track -- what I fondly remember as "Mountain View". I remember the MRA pretty much hanging out there, and making that home for a long time. The track has a cool layout, with elevation changes and the spectators get a great glimpse of what speed is by standing right outside the front straight wall. Sure we complain about safety, as half of us are riding wheelies on public streets (me included). Have you seen the Macau GP recently, or The Isle of Mann? People are acting like SCR is Laguna Seca or something.... it's a paved Jeep trail the same as all our tracks - save PPIR.

If we go there and the track just plain sucks -- they'll ancel in light of safety. It's been done before... remember the weekend they repaved SCR and the pavement was like ice? They cancelled the weekend and noone lost out on points for being sissified.

Relax, practice and have fun... that's why we started this crap in the first place.
    2000 Suzuki GSXR750
    1974 Honda CL200 Scrambler
    Former AMA/CCS, WERA, MRA, F-USA
    Current AMA Member, SMRI Racer
    Check out www.vonconcepts.com

Quote Originally Posted by voncon";p="179953

Relax, practice and have fun... that's why we started this crap in the first place.

When Someone hits that wall and dies.. are you going tell their families to "Relax" ?

Regardless of the tracks layout and the spectators view... the track has to be safe. Sure we dont have the safest tracks here in Colorado but I know none are a scarry as that one. And to compare the MRA tracks to Isle man or Macua Gp is rediculous.. this is a Hobby for id say 99% of us out there not a job. Sure there is risk..(always is).... but Ive gotta try to make it to work monday so I can pay the bills. Now if i wreck and Its my fault thats a risk I take. But to wreck and hit a wall its a different story.

Voncon,

I too have fond memorys of CDR. I raced there for about 10+ years then the MRA made the wise choice of no longer racing there. So what has changed in the last 4-5 years that makes us want to go back? The fact that we are losing SCR should not be an excuse to run there.

I'm guessing you haven't been on the track in recent years. It has taken a turn for the worse and I mean worse. When I raced there grids of 20 bikes were huge. Now grids of 20 bikes are the norm and 30-40 in Novice and Amateur are also the norm now. Plus the bikes have gotten a tad faster and the tires a tad better.

Why should we wait and have everyone get there and go oh this is unsafe when we could schedule another race at a different track now that is at least rideable. From what I have heard they are actually going to make the Dragon Slide more unsafe then it already is.

Also to compare the Isle of Man to our tracks is a joke. But if you do, how many people have died at the Isle?

Lurch
    MRA #retired