Thread: cdr today?

cdr today?

Anyone know if its open? was thinking of going today.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Re: cdr today?

I dont think I would ride that track again if it was free

krod, did you go ride it? I thought it was open. Its just down the road from our dealership and we have been in contact with them. I actually like the track myself. Sure it has its spots.........I like what Ricky O. said the other day when speaking with him:
    No such thing as "bad track" per se, all of them have their positives and negatives, its the racer that makes is dangerous. If you know of a bad spot you negotiate appropriately and avoid the problem.

CDR has been great to ride everytime I have been there. I hope the planned changes will help it out some, but I would not expect a lot of changes after talking with them recently.

Krod if you want to go up there some weekend let me know and we can meet out there.

Orlando is right, there isnt a 'bad track' you take something from each track you go to. But there are unsafe, or undesirable tracks.

CDR has unsafe points (turn 9 a cement wall), and undesirable surface conditions (dragon slide or things like turns 4 and 5). I admit it scared the hell out of me when I was there (surface sucked etc, probably worst track Ive been to), but I am looking forward to another track being on the list this year; but I do hope there are some improvements done, and I think the CMC and MRA staff are working to make sure these things that are lacking are improved.

I am all for going out there to practice, but as I said not until a few things are fixed; the track layout is pretty fun (although short) it is another track that is local.
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

For a stroll around a track on a street bike is one thing , But to race on it is another , That track has a cool layout it could have a little more width but safety has to come first even if the safety provisions are met I would not line up next to 30 other bikes on that track .

Quote Originally Posted by Wahooman";p="179638
    krod, did you go ride it? I thought it was open. Its just down the road from our dealership and we have been in contact with them. I actually like the track myself. Sure it has its spots.........I like what Ricky O. said the other day when speaking with him:
    No such thing as "bad track" per se, all of them have their positives and negatives, its the racer that makes is dangerous. If you know of a bad spot you negotiate appropriately and avoid the problem.

CDR has been great to ride everytime I have been there. I hope the planned changes will help it out some, but I would not expect a lot of changes after talking with them recently.

Krod if you want to go up there some weekend let me know and we can meet out there.

Went to scr instead. Will give you a call next time I go.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/