Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson Jokes..Lets get'em started!!!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Michael Jackson Jokes..Lets get'em started!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Actually, not being convicted DOES mean you are innocent, according to the law. Let's not go there. Why do you think that the parties involved settled out of court for $$? If your child was raped, would $$ mean anything to you? I think not. Step off the bandwagon on the child molester shit. There is no proof.
    +1 I will follow the rule of law ---- even though I don't agree with the verdict. And as far as those who are so over fucking sensitive about a freak that was more plastic than real the jokes on you my friend.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Lets not forget those who are convicted of a crime of any kind and are truely innocent. Though it's a small percentage, it sure is easy to jump on a band wagon. He was definitely an oddity at the end of his life, but he was teh shit when alive. He had a fucked up family background (consider a lot of his siblings). Hell.. nobody still knows where the hell Tedo (sp?) went! If a person wasn't close to any of the families involved in any of the drama surrounding MJ (including the Jackson family), how do any of us know what is hear-say and filtrated shit via the spewing mouths of our slighted media in America.

Jokes have a time.. show some respect in the face of death. Pray nobody knocks your shit when you pass and instead measure your life by the person you REALLY were while alive.
    Last edited by Mister BOYD; Fri Jun 26th, 2009 at 08:13 AM.
    - Fug-it.. Know your worth.
    - "SUV's get Groceries, Jeeps get Dirty"
    - '08 GSXR 600 Blue/White

He's still a freak.

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

I could not care any less about Jackson, or any other celebrity for that matter. Is Mickey Mantle going to pay your rent?

Victims have always been afraid to come forward. I imagine it's very difficult when people will say you are full of shit and that you weren't raped or molested. In these types of crimes I will never say the victim was a liar, unless it is proven that they are. Our legal system is screwed, so I don't really care what a judge or jury says. If you got the cash, you can work the system. We've all seen it happen.

Not guilty means they couldn't prove your guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt". It does not mean "innocent".

Quote Originally Posted by BHeth View Post
    Not guilty means they couldn't prove your guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt". It does not mean "innocent".
    +10
    Actually, not being convicted DOES mean you are innocent, according to the law. Let's not go there. Why do you think that the parties involved settled out of court for $$? If your child was raped, would $$ mean anything to you? I think not. Step off the bandwagon on the child molester shit. There is no proof.
    Like BHeth said, "Not Guilty" doesn't mean innnocent and settling out of court doesn't mean either. If your child was molested then you probably don't want the kid in the spotlight anymore than he/she has to be anyway, and you certainly don't want the trial to drag out forever & ever. If you can't afford the lawyers to compete with those of a multi-millionaire, then settling is likely too.

Jackson even said in an interview that he's had lots of children in his bed & saw no problem with having kids in the bed, regardless of whether or not he was there. Like I said before, his behavior was absolutely eccentric, and largely concerning if nothing else. By the time he reached that stage, though, he was a different person than we grew up loving. The Pop idol died over a decade ago.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I never paid much attention to the molestation trials so I don't know what kind of evidence was presented beyond the claims. It isn't difficult to imagine how he could have been the target of false claims. He certainly grew up in an environment that wasn't a normal childhood by anyone's reckoning. (In keeping with the joke theme of the thread, I recall Denis Leary's description of the fucked up nature of the family as "They give each other new heads for Christmas." )

All of that shit aside, there's no denying that MJ was a remarkably talented artist. I'll remember him that way.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    there's no denying that MJ was a remarkably talented artist. I'll remember him that way.
    agreed
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

I read a quote once about MJ that pretty much sums him up.

"If he's that screwed up on the outside, imagine what he looks like on the inside"

I agree with Chris that the Michael of the 80's was an amazing entertainer and an a tremendous inspiration. But, the Michael of the 90's was a freak and nothing but tabloid fodder.

I hope he's at peace and that people remember what talent he had, not what he was accused of.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

The entertainment value that MJ provided was amazing. And he could sing and dance on top of that.

AKA "Devaclis"

If you value the life of this guy sooo little then why is it you defend your ability to ridicule him so fervently? It think you should battle for something you believe in. Not something someone told you to believe in.

Done here. Have fun defacing a human being that passed away yesterday.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I'm defending nothing. A joke is a joke. You know me well enough to know that I pick and choose my battles on a fairly consistent basis. Oh --- and I don't believe in what others tell me very ofter if at all. I'm not defacing MJ --- he did that on his own ---- literally.

If you value the life of this guy sooo little then why is it you defend your ability to ridicule him so fervently? It think you should battle for something you believe in. Not something someone told you to believe in.

Done here. Have fun defacing a human being that passed away yesterday.
    ^^Not sure if that's directed at any one person in particular, but my involvement was not to defend the jokes here, only to point out that the person that he had become was not the person that we loved. The person that he had become, the crimes of which he was accused, and his ensuing response to all of this was so contrary to his pervious persona that it basically killed the king of pop and, in mind devalued the greatness that he once embodied. It's not my particular cup of tea to make jokes or jump up & down on the guy, but what he had become was not something that I liked or appreciated either.

And I defend my ability speak any of my own thoughts and opinions both because it's my right to do so (which you've argued, yourself, many times), and because you attack those thoughts & opinions so bitterly that only a fervent rebuttle is fitting.

If that wasn't directed at me, then...let's get beer! !
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I'll miss Farah... I love lamp...

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    ^^Not sure if that's directed at any one person in particular, but my involvement was not to defend the jokes here, only to point out that the person that he had become was not the person that we loved. The person that he had become, the crimes of which he was accused, and his ensuing response to all of this was so contrary to his pervious persona that it basically killed the king of pop and, in mind devalued the greatness that he once embodied. It's not my particular cup of tea to make jokes or jump up & down on the guy, but what he had become was not something that I liked or appreciated either.

And I defend my ability speak any of my thoughts and opinions both because it's my right to do so (which you've argued, yourself, many times), and because you attack those thoughts & opinions so bitterly that only a fervent rebuttle is fitting.

If that wasn't directed at me, then...let's get beer! !
    It was not directed toward anyone particular. After reading Dana's other thread post I can support his feelings on MJ. mine, on the other hand, are not emotionally connected whatsoever. I appreciate the guy's contribution to the musicale industry --- no matter how bazaar it was.

Fair enough. Now, about them thar beers....
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Fair enough. Now, about them thar beers....
    Dark Horse ---- 4:30 PM

AKA "Devaclis"

Toad, after work.

We are going to look at a Gixxer for the Pie, then we drink!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

sweet!
    wait, YOUR after work or mine?
    If you're gonna stop by GPM then lemme know & I can meet ya there to peruse da merchandise!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

AKA "Devaclis"

we will be there around 4:30 or 5 - ish

we will be there around 4:30 or 5 - ish
    toad or gpm?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Wow... I'm surprised so many people are so sensitive about people making jokes about his life.

He was an AMAZING artist. He created masterpieces that cannot be matched, whether he was strange as hell, or not. It was the disease vitiligo that caused his skin to turn white. I'm sure most know that, but some may not. No matter how strange he was, we will all remember him in our own way.

As much as some of you would like to think that ridicule is hate, if it were truly hate, there wouldn't be so much fun in it. The guy is remembered for many things, whether good or bad. We are all entitled to believe whatever the hell we want to believe, whether you like it or not. If I want to believe he is a pedophile, then I will, and I'll say it proudly whether the law (a bunch of potential morons on a jury) says so or not. First amendment protects me on that. If I want to believe that he did nothing wrong and that he just loved kids because he didn't have that type of childhood, then I'm free to believe he did nothing wrong. But what isn't fair is for someone to tell me what I should believe just because a jury, or some crazy money seeking mom, said so or not.

IMO, the guy was a fucking weirdo that made spectacular music in his time. But seriously, if you can't take the fact that someone is making jokes about him, then DON'T READ THEM. That's your choice, and we have ours. I for one love the guy, but will happily ridicule the hell out of him because the jokes are funny, and life is too short to take that seriously. What in the hell is waiting 1 or 2 or even 3 days or a week going to do? That changes nothing. Seriously, if everyone waited a week to start making jokes, someone would still bitch about it. His death is a tragedy, and very serious, but his life was very laughable and amazing.

Just my two cents. There's no reason to be so angry over people making jokes about it.

For those of you that like to laugh, read this: http://www.theonion.com/content/news...source=infocus
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

AKA "Devaclis"

Toad. We don't need to go to GPM until we decide if she is buying this bike.

Toad. We don't need to go to GPM until we decide if she is buying this bike.
    Gixxer 1000??? Then she can show Timmay how to ride...

What 'chou know 'bout Gixxer1000?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]