Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost a friend today

We lost a friend today

I have horrible news. Tihs morning Jessica (also known as PurpleFeet) was killed in a motorcycle crash during a group ride.

Nobody saw exactly what happened, but she had come up over a hill and there were cows all in the middle of the road. She lost control and crashed, sustaining severe head injuries even though she was wearing a helmet. I came up on her probably 30 seconds after it happened and she was already unconscious. We were later told that she was killed almost instantly and that she didn't suffer or likely even know what happened.

She was a good rider and she was a good friend. I can't think of anyone who deserved this less than her. She was a model example of a 'good person'. She was caring and considerate and kind to everyone.

She was so excited about her track day 2 weeks ago and was looking forward to another this Tuesday. She loved riding and I loved riding with her.

We'll be organizing an informal memorial for all of her friends, details will come along later.

Jessica, baby, Rest in Peace.

Oh my god. For those that don't know, Jessica was the person behind getting the CSC girls group going, and her enthusiasm for riding rubbed off on anyone she met.

Rest in peace, Jess.

Please let us know when the memorial details become available, I will make sure the word gets out.

It breaks my heart when I hear of a fellow rider that has fallen.
    May she rest in peace and best wishes to those left behind.

OH my God, I can't belive it. I rode with her just last weekend. She was a very safe rider and a friend. As I write this I'm in shock! What a MAJOR bummer , she will be missed by all that knew her.

OMG I don't even know what to say. She will be missed, she was a very cool person to ride with and also to chat with. My heart goes out to her family.

I'm incredibly saddened to hear this, I believe I met her for the first time a couple weeks ago at the MRA races.

RIP, you'll be missed.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

Life is sometimes so unfair! Jessica always had a smile ready and nothing but good things to say. May God comfort Jessica's family and friends.

Rest in peace Jessica... We'll miss your smiling face and great attitude.

I'm shocked....

I think I met her at SCR. What kind of bike did she ride ?

God Bless.

Goodbye

God will take care of her
    Knee2Ground Racing

Jess rode a dark red SV650S. Before that, a red EX500.

Oh man I'm lost for words. I just rode with her a few weeks ago. I'm so sorry this had to happen to her. She was such an awesome person. What a tragedy. My heart goes out to all those who knew her and especially her family and those who were close to her.

If her family needs anything please do not hestitate to let us know. I'm sure it will be taken care of.

this sucks. I met her twice a while back, her eyes were bright and her smile kept rainbows in a contant background. This really sucks.
    Forsythe, please find out what we can do for the family and support the memorial for this trajic event.
    Jessica......TAKE CARE, "FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS".

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Jessica, all of us will miss you. Godspeed

Big J is unable to respond via internet, but would like to send his thoughts and prayers to Jessica, her friends and her family.

RIP Jess!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Hoopty called with the news as I was safety wiring my bike this afternoon.

I'm still in shock.

Jessica first got in touch with me through the CSC just after she'd started riding. She emailed me asking for advice and pointers. She was always asking questions, always eager to learn.

She came to my birthday bash last year. Until the last Ladies' Night I hadn't seen her, although we'd exchanged a lot of banter via the message boards.

Man, I was just showing her lines at SCR less than two weeks ago. She was doing great. She was so excited, when we took a break she was almost speechless; she just stood there grinning from ear to ear for a while and then jumped back on the bike for more Marilou just about had to drag her off the track to ride home

RIP, Jess.

Ride safe everyone, but live life to it's fullest. You never know when it might end.

I just spoke to Barbara; she remembers Jess as the really funny girl at my birthday party last year. She sends her condolences.
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

RIP sister....

I think we should ride to the funeral as support for Jessica and to show her family and friends how much she meant to all of us.

I just met her on the Trail Ridge ride on June 22nd.

We'll miss you......

Dan

As far as I know, all of her family is in Texas, and I imagine that's where it would take place. That said, I would still be willing to ride there.

But I don't have any details about her family and am really not sure how to go about getting them.

The shock from this morning is just now starting to wear off. I wish it wouldn't. I don't think I can deal with this yet

I'm deeply sadened by this. I rode with Jessica on a few occasions, and she always had a smile on her face.

She caught the motorcycle bug and loved to ride. I can still see her sitting on the bench at the Deckers general store smiling about cruising through the twisties.

R.I.P.

Jenny, please keep in touch with any funeral arraingements or anything of the sort. Maybe a memorial ride?

Brett

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Racer's Prayer

I met Jessica at the Conoco a few weeks ago in Morrison. We rode Golden Gate canyon with a few other fans. She was a very congenial person. I can remember her smile. I can only offer this.....

Lord I pray as I race today
    Keep Me safe along the way
    Not only Me but others too
    As they perform the jobs they do
    I know God that in a race
    I the driver must set the pace
    But in this race of life I pray
    Help Me Lord along the way
    Although I know I am a sinner
    Help Me to believe that with God
    Your always a winner
    AMEN
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

WOW I first met Jess through Dylan. We rode the first day she got her bike. She was great. I think we should get sme sort of sticker made for all of us to place on our bikes as a rememberance of her. What do you all think of this?

RIP JESS
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Quote Originally Posted by ckl5899
    WOW I first met Jess through Dylan. We rode the first day she got her bike. She was great. I think we should get sme sort of sticker made for all of us to place on our bikes as a rememberance of her. What do you all think of this?

RIP JESS
    Great idea, chad. As I posted on sportbikes, since we already can get stickers printed up here if someone can get me her old sig pic (I think airmangoob maybe made it?) with the purple feet, that would be a sweet sticker so I will see what we can do about printing it up. Also like I said there, they either be sold at cost or any profits made should go towards promoting safe riding and enjoyment of the sport - two things Jess was all for.

And we definitely need a memorial ride for her. According to her profile on sportbikes, her birthday is Sept 29. What do you all think about doing a ride on that day? It's a Monday, so even the sunday before might be better for everyone (the 28th)...

That just sucks. I saw a girl out at SCR on Thursday with a maroon SVS. Anybody know if that was her? Just too damn sad.

Deuce