Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost a friend today

I only know a handfull of people on this board that I've met in person. Jessica was one of them.

I sold her the SV she was riding. I guess part of me feels guilt for that but I know she would have bought a bike whether from me or someone else but the feelings still there. I'm in total shock over this and can't seem to dry the tears in my eyes. We had been emailing eachother back and forth since her track day cause she was so excited and I was going to give her some parts that I wasn't using anymore. I've never met a nicer person and I guess thats why I wanted to help her soo much.

Here is some of her e-mail's....
    i've only been to the track once. however, i did a long canyon ride yesterday..first one since i'd gone to the track...and i now know what you guys talk about..that it's not the same..you look at potential hazards a lot differently. i rode slower than i remember in a while. so we'll see what happens.
    so many things to learn!! if ya can't tell, i'm still beaming from Tuesday.
    The only thing that makes me able to accept any of this is she died doing something she loved. I just wish she could have had more time to enjoy it.

I will miss her

John

RIP JESS[/quote]

And we definitely need a memorial ride for her. According to her profile on sportbikes, her birthday is Sept 29. What do you all think about doing a ride on that day? It's a Monday, so even the sunday before might be better for everyone (the 28th)...[/quote]

Good idea, get it posted all over the area. Donations to a charity, or maybe the AMA in her name.

Take this how you want. Jess died doing something she ENJOYED!!! Not alot of people can say that about there loved ones. God bless you jess.. Watch out for your fellow riders!!!!!!!!! Now we ALL have an angle riding with us.
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

...... I am at a loss for words. My condolances and prayers go out to her family and friends...
    Dan, 02-R6 w/ Custom Scratches (Various Locations)

"You shouldn't suffer through life... You won't survive it."

"It's possible to be a christian and an idiot at the same time!"

"A religious zelot is the first sign of an uneducated mind!"

From posts on sportbikes.com it sounds like stickers are in the works, and will be free - donations to her family will be accepted however. No more details than that as yet, myself or someone else I'm sure will get the info posted here.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    I just found about this news last night, and I think the words and thoughts here, cover about everything I've felt, up till typing this email right now. I feel so bad that somebody so genuinely nice is gone. Our group is a little less brighter for awhile....

I had only met Jessica in person at the last Caldonia's night, but had talked with her many many times over PM's and chat. I knew right away when I saw the smiling girl at the table with the bright eyes and loving smile that it had to be "ihavepurplefeet"..

I'm so sad it's making this hard to write... Without ever even meeting me, Jessica was nice enough to offer me her ride for when my dumbass ever decides to go do the license test... She is such a sweet person. The world is better off the more people like Jessica are around.

You are loved and missed....
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I met Jessica about 4 weeks ago on the trail ridge ride. Even though I knew her for only a day, I can't help but feel a sense of loss.

My thoughts go out to her friends and family.

Dan (dgoldan) and I got to know her a little. She was about 25, and she was an actuary. She told us that she hated her job and loved to ride...and she was really nice.

It was good to ride with you Jess....
    2003 Triumph E85 Ethanol Powered

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Good Idea !!

BenDover wrote:

Maybe a memorial ride?

Great idea ------ and not a short one either

BTW --- John@CoyoteMotorsports wrote:

I sold her the SV she was riding. I guess part of me feels guilt for that but I know she would have bought a bike whether from me or someone else but the feelings still there.
    You need NOT feel guity. Feel great you knew her and remember her through the sport she loved ---- RIDING
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Board Newbie
    Saddened to hear that, will pray for her famiuly and loved ones

it always saddens me to hear that we have lost a fellow rider but the loss of someone as genuine and caring as Jess cannot be described in the little time I knew her she was always upbeat and fun to be around.

godspeed Jess
    Bryce Random racing #814

I'm very saddened by this news. I never truly met Jessica, but after seeing her pictures on her Yahoo Profile, I realize we were at the same restaurant a few weeks ago in Nederland for lunch (both on bikes). She must of been riding with a couple of others on the board.. I was with some people from R6 Messagenet myself before we headed back down Golden Gate Canyon.

Its too bad I never got the chance to meet her-- she was going to go on a trip with us last weekend but decided not to go at the last minute. I guess that's what I get for not talking from whoever the small group was at the restaurant that day...

RIP Jessica.
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    http://devnulled.com
    http://spooled.net

This is a huge loss, not only to her friends, family, and this group, but to the entire community. I first met Jessica several weeks ago on a ride to Estes Park. While I never really got to know her, I will never forgot her beautiful, warm smile, up-beat attitude, and enthusiasm for motorcycling. Her post just before her first day at the track was so appropriate for her bubbly personality:

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:22 am
    -------------------------------------------------

I can't wait! This is my first time on a track.

Christine and Hanna, hope you both can make it!
    May you rest in peace, Jessica. You will be missed by all of us.
    Nate
    '07 CBR600RR

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

A Time To Mourn

A Time To Mourn

(author unknown)

• "I'll lend you for a little while
      a child of mine", He said.
      "For you to love the while she lives
      and mourn for when she's dead.
      It may be six or seven years, or forty-two or three
      but will you, till I call her back, take care of her for me?

I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return
      But there are lessons taught down there, That I want this child to learn
      I've looked the worldwide over in my search for teachers true
      And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you."

I fancied that I heard you say, "Dear Lord thy will be done."
      For all the joy this child shall bring, the risk of grief, we'll run.
      We'll shelter her with tenderness, we'll love her while we may.
      And for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay.
      But shall the angels call for her much sooner than we've planned,
      We'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand."
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Board Newbie
    May God giver her peace and comfort her family during this trying time...

I dont know where to start. Jess was a great person, and wanted to learn as much as she chould wile rideing. She would never doing anything un safe. Chad thank you for the call. It is good to know that the surport of out group reaches over the oceans. Jess knew this and loved every min of ever ride. If anyone gets some information please let me know.
    I get back Aug 22, if a group ride is going to happen I would love to be part of it,
    RIP Jess you will be miss

Didn't know her, but a life lost in an accident is tragic more so when its doing something we all love to do...

My condolances to her friends and family.
    '03 Harley-Davidson V-Rod

Board Newbie
    My heart goes out to her family and friends. I am sorry to hear of this tragedy. May she rest in the sweet arms of the ALmighty.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    I met Jessica once @ Caldonia's a few weeks ago. I don't have much to say about this, i'm still in shock. I'll just post this song instead.
    I saw U2 live a couple years ago when they were at the Pepsi Center and before they played this song, Bono said he wrote it for his kids, but after his father died, he said it was more like his father wrote it for him. So here ya go.... I hope it touches you guys like it did for me. If you get the chance, dowload this song, or go buy the CD.

U2 - "Kite"

Something
    Is about to give
    I can feel it coming
    I think I know what it means

I'm not afraid to die
    I'm not afraid to live
    And when I'm flat on my back
    I hope to feel like I did

And hardness
    It sets in
    You need some protection
    The thinner the skin

I want you to know
    That you don't need me anymore
    I want you to know
    You don't need anyone
    Or anything at all

Who's to say where the wind will take you
    Who's to say what it is will break you
    I don't know
    Which way the wind will blow

Who's to know when the time has come around
    Don't want to see you cry
    I know that this is not goodbye

It's summer, I can taste the salty sea
    There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze
    I wonder what's gonna happen to you
    You wonder what has happened to me

I'm a man
    I'm not a child
    A man who sees
    The shadow behind your eyes

Who's to say where the wind will take you
    Who's to say what it is will break you
    I don't know
    Where the wind will blow

Who's to know when the time has come around
    I don't want to see you cry
    I know that this is not goodbye

Did I waste it
    Not so much I couldn't taste it
    Life should be fragrant
    Rooftop to the basement

The last of the rock stars
    When hip hop drove the big cars
    In the time when new media
    Was the big idea
    That was the big idea
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by AirmenGoob
    I dont know where to start. Jess was a great person, and wanted to learn as much as she chould wile rideing. She would never doing anything un safe. Chad thank you for the call. It is good to know that the surport of out group reaches over the oceans. Jess knew this and loved every min of ever ride. If anyone gets some information please let me know.
    I get back Aug 22, if a group ride is going to happen I would love to be part of it,
    RIP Jess you will be miss
    Dylan, we are planning the ride for Sunday Sept 28. Her birthday would have been the 29th (Monday) so we are doing it that Sunday to get a larger turnout, though I think most would miss work for it if necessary. So you will be back in time for it. Details will be posted as they come available...

Jen made a sweet graphic for the stickers too, we'll make sure to save you one.

I never met her myself but from the sounds of it she will be greatly missed.

RIP

MV

The loss felt reaches even here.

It is with heavy hearts that we, in the Colorado Front Range Sportbike Riders, offer our most sincere condolences for the members of Jessica’s family and friends as well as all members of the Colorado Sportbike Club for their loss. It is our wish, at this time, to offer our support and sympathy in this hour of grief. Our thoughts are with you all.

It is our position that we all are missing a piece of the whole in the brotherhood of motorcyclists with the occurrence of this tragic event. And even though Jessica was not a member within our club her loss has been felt even this far away as some of members knew her and had the chance to ride with her. If there is anything our organization can offer your group please do not hesitate to ask.

Terry ‘CYA’ – CFRSR Founder

Joel ‘CHICKENHAWKS’ - CFRSR Founder

Robin ‘Tyzo’ – Technical Coordinator

Jeff ‘Nick_Ninja’ – Rider Safety Coordinator

And all the members of the CFRSR

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Jen made a sweet graphic for the stickers too, we'll make sure to save you one.
    I thought of like a foot print that's purple that we could put on the back of our helmets or something like that. I dunno...... just a thought.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I just read the news and i am SHOCKED. I would have never expected this. My thoughts go out to her family.
    PLEASE i can not make the Bishop Castle ride on the 28th, due to a race, BUT I WOULD like the Decal to run on my race bike, MV race bike, Zach's, daves, and hyersides...

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    I've been mulling this over in my head since the moment I read the post about the loss of Jessica. I think I met her, though I could be wrong, several weeks ago. Right bike. Right gender.

Anyway, it has taken me this long to come up with any words to express how horrible I feel at the loss of someone who held the motorcycling life style, sport, passtime, whatever you want to call it so close to her heart since the day she started riding.
    I know the feeling because I feel it every day I get the chance to ride.
    I have held nothing but joy in my heart every time I straddle my own ride having just rejoined the riding world back in August last year. I know the euphoria. The pure love of being out there. I love learning the ins and outs of the sport all over again. I love riding solo. I love riding with my CSC & UTMC bothers and sisters when I can. I love waving "the sign" as I pass a bike, sport or not, and getting a response back.

I have been having problems authoring my feelings towards this loss because I see myself as something of a distant soulmate to Jessica in the matter of being a "born again" rider.

For that reason I offer my sincerest condolances to her family and close friends and offer only these words: knowing how she must have felt when she was riding, I believe she died doing something she loved, and more importantly, died at peace.

I personally don't claim to know about any god or gods, her particular god of choice if any, but if she believed in a here-after, I have to believe she's spending part of her eternity on two wheels tearing up the pavement with a smile on her face.

Rest in peace Jessica. You and the light you brought to this group will be missed forever.

As to a memorial ride and stickers --- please - inlude me in any plans for a memorial ride as well as for the purchase of a sticker. I have a place I have already opened up on my helmet for a memorial "purplefeet" in Jessica's honor.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3