Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We lost a friend today

Quote Originally Posted by iFlyVR6
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Jen made a sweet graphic for the stickers too, we'll make sure to save you one.
    I thought of like a foot print that's purple that we could put on the back of our helmets or something like that. I dunno...... just a thought.
    That's what Jen made:
    http://jenny.gamesnet.net/pf.jpg

I think this will be like a 2.5x2.5" sticker?

Jen can speak about when they will be ready, hopefully soon so you can run with them on your bikes at SCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    That just sucks. I saw a girl out at SCR on Thursday with a maroon SVS. Anybody know if that was her? Just too damn sad.

Deuce
    Sorry, that was hyerside.

Quote Originally Posted by iFlyVR6
    Jen made a sweet graphic for the stickers too, we'll make sure to save you one.
    I thought of like a foot print that's purple that we could put on the back of our helmets or something like that. I dunno...... just a thought.
    That's what Jen made:
    http://jenny.gamesnet.net/pf.jpg

Jen can speak about when they will be ready, hopefully soon so you can run with them on your bikes at SCR.
    Thanks i would like that. dam i just can't be happy today ;(

Purple Feet Stickers

I like the look of the purple feet stickers and know a few people in our club would like them. Is there any chance to add her dates of birth and death to them?
    When you meet someone new why do they tend to tell you how good or fast they can ride and then wreck shortly afterwards??

Though I didn't personally know or meet her, I am shocked, saddened and touched by the news. It makes you realize just how quick something can happen and how fragile life can be. My thoughts are with her, her family and friends. Have a safe journey Jessica.
    Tom
    '04 CBR1000RR

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "rforsytheThat's what Jen made:
    [url
    http://jenny.gamesnet.net/pf.jpg[/url]

That's perfect.... let us know how much and when we can pick them up after they are ready. I'll take 2, one for the bike and one for the helmet.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

oh my god...

This is just so sad....

god speed jessica...

justjohn

Board Newbie
    I can't believe this- I just responded to a PM from Jessica before reading this. We were to meet at Caldonias last week on WEdnesday, becuase we both have Ninja 500R's, both the same year and color. We were establishing a friendship through the bikes, and I was planning on intorducing Jessica to another Ninja owner I met through here to help her figure out some issues she was having with her 500R. She didn't make it because her ninja was running funny... But myself and my ninja buddy were keeping an eye out for her and her ninja. I feel strange and deeply saddened... One minute, I'm reading her PM and sending her back good wishes, the next topic I check out... is this?

How deeply disturbing and forever saddening... My thoughts, as all of yours, are with her family and friends... and I am shaken, very shaken by this news. Peace to her, and to her family and friends, to all of you, indeed, for all of us...

Jenny this is up to you but on the sticker I think it would be good to have a note of rememberance as well as her birth and death dates. Something like:

In remeberance of Jessica
    May you ride with us always
    Sept 29 xxxx to July 12 2003

Just an idea.

Im always makes me sad to hear of this type of thing. The sport lost a valuable rider and she will be missed by many.
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Board Newbie

RIP

I just read a link to this from another forum im an avid member of. I am deeply sorry to hear of this tragedy, and for some reason i find myself motivated to come here and register to offer my condolences to all of her friends and family. I don't know why, maybe its because we share the same birthday on September 29th, or just the simple fact that all motorcyclist share a common enthusiasm and appreciation for each other. I wish you all well on your ride for her, and wish i was closer to support.

-Geoff

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    here's a link to a post i put up about Jessica on another forums i'm on...... they are mostly in Conneticut, but they send their best wishes to Jessica's family and friends.

http://forums.onedownfiveup.com/inde...eff9b3ce7d26c1
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Somebody post up when the stickers are done. I'd like one to go on the racebike too.

Deuce

I am truly saddened by this devastating tragedy. My heart goes out to her family in deepened sorrow. Losing a family member is so disturbing. I know that God has her in his presence, and that he will provide comfort to all that's ailing. Jessica, even though I never had the honor of riding with you, may you rest in peace now child. You and your family are in my prayers.

To all my fellow riders, may the Lord grant you peace and safety through your journeys.

Jessie
    Let's try this again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz
    Jenny this is up to you but on the sticker I think it would be good to have a note of rememberance as well as her birth and death dates. Something like:

In remeberance of Jessica
    May you ride with us always
    Sept 29 xxxx to July 12 2003

Just an idea.
    I originally had something like that on there, but then Matt pointed out that if they were there, people would never ask about them. People would be more likely to ask about just a set of purple feet, and then we can tell them a story about this fantastic girl that was our friend. I agreed and kept the text off.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Although I never met Jessica I still view it as a loss in the family. I'm so used to talking to a lot of you on the board that I view you guys as my friends even though I havn't met a lot of you. So any loss in the club is a personal loss for me.

God speed Jessica.
    If God told me I was going to die riding a motorcycle, I'd still ride.
    If he told me I was going to die in my sleep, I'd become an insomniac.

'02 YZF-R6

My condolences to her family.

My prayers are with her and the family! R.I.P.
    JROK

I too am shocked at this news. I met her at the last 2nd creek race and briefly talked to her. She actually remembers me from a ride that we had done almost a year earlier. RIP Jessica.
    member of rat's nest off-roading club.

Does anyone know whether Jess' family has seen this thread and the one over on esportbikes.com? I think they would be comforted to see how many lives Jess touched, and especially how many fellow riders intend to put memorial stickers on their helmets/bikes once they are available.....

Just a thought.
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

I dunno ... I was thinking it'd be kind of cool to have everyone who knew her meet up at Cal's this wed and sign a card to be sent to her parents, or maybe even send them a videotape of the memorial ride when it happens? Something to let them know how many people care. Chances are they probably have not seen the threads...

We haven't yet had any luck getting contact information for her family. As soon as we do, I'll probably print these threads out and send them over.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

I spent a considerable amount of time with Jessica a while back as a friend and compatriot. She was undoubtedly one of the most compassionate people I have ever known, and am deeply saddened by her passing.

On 9/11/2001 she was immediately at the blood bank giving herself to her fellow but unknown humans. She seemed to always seek out new and insightful passions, ranging from riding to knitting. Despite going 18 months without seeing her, when I spent some time with her just a couple of weeks back, her smile enriched the night and made the rest of us just that much happier.

She will be missed by myself and probably anyone else who has had the joy of knowing her friendship and caring. I cannot imagine the loss her family is feeling right now, but please, please do something to remember such a wonderful woman. Give blood, donate your time, or just get a Purple Feet sticker and commemorate her life and her passion. I'm certain she's looking down on us and sending us her radiant smile... I'm sure that's the reason the sunset was that much brighter these past couple of days.

Take care everyone.

SpideyRdr