Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We lost a friend today

I never had the privilege of meeting her, and am deeply saddend to hear this news. I'd put purple feet on my bike in memory of this downed rider and as a personal reminder to stay sharp.

I am so very sorry to hear the news about Jessica...

rest in peace.....

keep the wind to your back and the sun to your face...

shacheri

"Ok, so what's the speed of dark?" ~Steve Wright

Its never easy to hear about someone dying. I personally didnt know her, but from all of you who have, she must have made an impression. I wish i would have gotten to know her. If there is anything i can do, i'd be more then happy to help. I would put the purple feet sticker on my bike.
    Once again I am truely sorry.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Quote Originally Posted by AirmenGoob
    I dont know where to start. Jess was a great person, and wanted to learn as much as she chould wile rideing. She would never doing anything un safe. Chad thank you for the call. It is good to know that the surport of out group reaches over the oceans. Jess knew this and loved every min of ever ride. If anyone gets some information please let me know.
    I get back Aug 22, if a group ride is going to happen I would love to be part of it,
    RIP Jess you will be miss
    Dylan, we are planning the ride for Sunday Sept 28. Her birthday would have been the 29th (Monday) so we are doing it that Sunday to get a larger turnout, though I think most would miss work for it if necessary. So you will be back in time for it. Details will be posted as they come available...

Jen made a sweet graphic for the stickers too, we'll make sure to save you one.
    The problem is I will be in Vagas. I move there mid sept. ut my heart will be with the ride if I cant

Quote Originally Posted by AirmenGoob
    The problem is I will be in Vagas. I move there mid sept. ut my heart will be with the ride if I cant
    Just swing out here for the weekend or something then... I'm sure we can scare up a bike for ya if you don't want to ride yours over the mountains for some reason (weather, etc).

And I've got a spare room that has AirmenGoob written all over it.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Very sad...I will definitely attend the memorial ride.

Rode with her a few weeks back. This is very sad.
    We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time.

To live life in an attemp to prolong it is not to live, but to exist. Doing the things we love to do despite the risks is to truly live.

We just today heard about memorial/funeral services. The memorial is happening tonight (TONIGHT ) in Natchitoches, Louisiana. The funeral will be tomorrow at 2. I will be doing whatever I can to get out there.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/html/...08E8508A.shtml

------------------------

Board Newbie

Jess

I'm very sad to hear the news about Jess. I, like a few others, had never met her, but I feel like I knew her. Not only do we share the love of bikes, we both do health related research! I know and use the information that she did as "an actuarial analyst, was employed by Mercer Human Resources Consulting, in the Denver office...." I will miss her contributions to both the riding and research world. Count MdMonk and I in on a ride as long as we're both in town.
    We'll miss her but remember her in spirit.
    Ride on sister....
    KARMEN

greetings all,
    yesterday, i thought very seriously about trying to scrounge-up a bike to go to the funeral but i felt too rushed and reluctant to borrow someone else's scooter.... i'd like to send my condolence to her family so if someone has their address please pm it to me at your earliest convienece. i'd like a 'purple feet' sticker for my bike and another to put on her stone/maus (providing her family finds that acceptable...).
    thanx,
    henry (met Jess 3 times; she deserved a better exit...)
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.
    UPDATE bbg_insanity will run somewhere btwn APR-JUN 09

Quote Originally Posted by towneh
    henry (met Jess 3 times; she deserved a better exit...)
    For whatever it's worth... She left us doing something she truly loved, and did not suffer, with her friends nearby. She died too soon for sure but I think it happened in the best way it could have.

I also do not think it should have happened at all, which is about to be the topic of another post. Been researching this morning...

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    yeah, i've been wondering about that. why are freakin cows in the middle of a public road
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Chadwick, from what Jenny said, the area they were riding was posted as open range. I came here from Reno and a large portion of the state of Nevada is open range. I had many a scare ripping down the highway in my car only to come around a corner or over a hill and run into a herd of cows or sheep sauntering across the highway. They do put warning signs up to let you know.
    Mike

01 RSVR Mille (street)
    04 RSVR Mille (race)

MRA #98

Suomy Helmets, TK Motorsports, Zero Gravity Windscreens, Morse Racing Products, Motul Lubricants,

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."
    John Wayne

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RSV4aCowboy
    Chadwick, from what Jenny said...
    Not to hijack your answer there Mike, but dear lord your signature is funny!... "A sheep day!"....

I myself has also ridden in open range. Hell... I-70 is open range on some ocassions, not to mention Colorado's Canyons. I've ripped by both deer and big horn sheep that were dangerously close to being in the road. But for the grace of my good fortune, have I probably not hit an animal before. =\
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -Barn-
    I've ripped by both deer and big horn sheep that were dangerously close to being in the road. But for the grace of my good fortune, have I probably not hit an animal before. =\
    yeah, i've seen them too...... but those aren't cows who have an owner that should have some sort of fence around their property next to a public road.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

AG Law

Agricultural Law takes precedence here. There is a LONG history of open-range activity here in the west.

There is a good article pertainig to court decisions toward this issue. Wyoming is in the fore-front in protecting the rancher on this issue. Colorado is also onboard in support of the topic.

Turning next to Wyoming common law, the court noted that from its territorial inception Wyoming had rejected the eastern common-law “fence in” rule and instead was an adherent to the “fence out” open-range doctrine. Colorado is also a fence-out jurisdiction. The court recognized that:

• The common-law rule requiring the owner of cattle to confine them, or . . . to answer for any damages occasioned by their trespasses upon the lands of another [was] . . . never obtained, in this state, nor in other Western states . . . In this state cattle are permitted to run at large.
    The complete article can be found here:
    http://www.rothgerber.com/newsletter...es/aglaw26.asp

And here is the Colorado Livestock Law:
    http://www.law.utexas.edu/dawson/fence/co_fnc.htm
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Can someone tell me where this accident occurred? I'd like to ride out there and leave some flowers at the site.

Although I never met Jessica, I can see that she had a lot of friends in this club. Even though she died doing something she loved, it's sad that it happened at such a young age, and so soon after she started riding.

R.I.P. Jessica

On Teller County 11, near Cripple Creek. I can't tell you exactly where, I could only show it.

------------------------

I like Johns idea.

Jenny : Lets plan a ride to place a cross and some flowers soon. Pleas PM me and let me know when we could do this. It may even be nice for some members to sign the cross.

I would like to go on this ride also

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    I would like to go as well...just let me know enough in advance to arrange a sitter.

How about next Saturday?