Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We lost a friend today

Would need Jenny to confirm/deny this based on info she should have at this point, but I think the memorial ride will probably take us past that spot. We were thinking it would be appropriate to stop everyone there safely and spend some time. Of course anyone can do what they want in the meantime, just tossing this out there. The ride is planned for Sunday Sept 28th - more details including route, etc to follow soon.

Unfortunately the location of the accident is not a safe place for a group ride to stop. There is no shoulder on the road, and it is between the crest of two hills. Traffic coming on your side of the road has to move into the other lane just as they are cresting the 2nd hill, inviting a head on collision with cars coming the other way.

In the interests of safety I do not think it's a good idea to plan a group stop at this location.

Can't we park at a safe spot, then walk to the site?

Just read another post and jenny asked if we not go to the site. Her and some other CSC members have this taken care of.

No no, I just meant that I didn't want the first time that I go to be the same time everyone else goes.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Well how about this ... Jenny I think you said you were going soon. If you guys could, maybe scope out a parking lot or big pulloff within reasonable walking distance, if one exists. I agree with UnknownSoldier, if it is simply not safe to do, we will not do it, period. We will have our hands full on the memorial ride and safety is not something we will be compromising on...

Sad...

I am very sorry that I am late with my sentiments on Jessica's tragic accident, I just read this post because I was on vacation...

I rode with Jessica only one time and knew that she was an extremely safe rider with a love for our sport that could not be surpassed. I was in a brief conversation with her about her EX for my wife, she was so nice even letting me know that she would be glad to ride with my wife when she is ready to ride. Jessica, you will be missed! I am sorry to see that her life was ended so short, my deepest sympathy goes out to her family and loved ones.
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    any word on the stickers yet?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

My condolences, My she rest in PEACE!!!

Making the world a safer place, through Psychokinesis
    This moment brought to you in part by WWW.BOXHEAD.US

Even tough I never met Jessica it saddens me to hear of a fallen rider.
    R.I.P. Jessica
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Board Newbie
    I just checked this board today and saw this.... sorry to hear, sounds like we lost a really sweet person.. RIP
    Mike, MRA#369

Board Newbie

You are in my prayers

I found this board via another board ....gixxer.com

After reading all the post, I am very touched, by the way every1 is supporting Jessica's memory........

Jessica sounds like a awesome girl that will diff. be missed in sportbike world.
    My prayers are with her family real/motorcycle......keep your head up because Jessica is smiling down on you.....God Bless You All.......

RIP JESSICA

BTW...if I may add my 2cents......I think the purple feet is a great idea, not only for Jessica but for any fallen bikers in Colorado or world wide.....it would be a wonderful thing to share with all groups....for there fallen angels

.adding Jessica's name and dob and dod and a poem is a good, because like you said if peeps see that then they are gonna talk about the person, and from what I read, no one has any thing to bad to say about her.......

Quote Originally Posted by iFlyVR6
    I got an email yesterday saying they were done. Hopefully Jen will be able to pick them up today. We'll definitely have them in time for the races this weekend, which was my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier
    I got an email yesterday saying they were done. Hopefully Jen will be able to pick them up today. We'll definitely have them in time for the races this weekend, which was my goal.
    Count me in for 2 large stickers - one for each set of bodywork - and 1 small one for the helmet. Any chance you'll be at SCR Thursday night? Or early Saturday?
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Board Newbie
    Damn, I am so sorry to hear about this. Made my heart sink into my stomach to say the least.

I post only now, not because I didn't know or care about Jessy... but because I loved her like many of you and could only NOW bring myself to even go into the board and look at this post. I heard of the tragedy through Lou (tt600grl) while I was still in California - she called me on my cell last Wednesday. I was shattered and in shock for several days. And am just now able to breathe...

Jessica ~ I miss you so very dearly... You were my lil' sister in this bike circle of friends and in life... and your death will impact me for a very long time. May GOD keep you under his wings and bless your family. Love you and miss you girl...

Rick T. - big bro'...
    Rick T.
    '12 Ducati SF848
    '01 Ducati M900RRS
    '00.5 Aprilia Mille R
    '02 Malaguti Yesterday 50

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iFlyVR6

If you guys could hold a couple for me because i'm in seattle until next wednesday. Thanks. I'd like one for the helmet and one to put on the car.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I just got an email to update a member profile, from, what appeared to be... Jessica

The email was from ihavepurplefeet@yahoo.com - Jessica's email address.

I was confused, thinking maybe I was looking at an old email. But it was new - sent today. I didn't know what to think.

Knowing that this was from one of the email forms on the website, any email address could have been typed in there. At first, I thought it might be a sick practical joker, but then I opened it.

It looks like a relative submitted this, to update her profile with a comment of "R.I.P.", and a new contact email, mailing address and telephone number (in Texas).

Has anybody been successful in contacting her family yet?

Spidey, Jenny went to Jessica's funeral in Louisiana and met her family, and handed over cards we all signed at Caldonia's & printouts of the threads here & on esportbikes.com. Prolly her family tying up loose ends...
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

I got this message from Neil - he was one of Jessica's close friends from home and wanted me to pass this along:

To all planning a memorial ride, I'd like to go. About the stickers, I have known Jessica since she was in College and her family would be honored.
    (the Ihavepurplefeet screen name came from I love Lucy sitcom where Lucy was stomping grapes to make wine. She looked down and said "I have purple feet)
    For those who wondered, Jessica was Saved... so she's in Heaven. I'll be passing a link on to her family so they can see how much everyone cared, and get some insight into her life in Colorado. Her family is in Texas and Louisanna.
    Special thanks from her friends in Texas and her family to Jenny for going through everything she went through to be there at the funeral. I wish I had a way to contact everyone prior to the viewing and funeral to give information.
    Her family asks that people who want to give something in her memory make donations in her name to Habitat for Humanity (something she participated in several times).
    Knowing her Sept 11th, we talked almost all of that day and she wanted so much to do something to help that all she could think to do was wait in line for hours to donate blood. Every blood drive that there was in College or at her work she donated.
    For those who want to do something special for her, there are two things that she had a passion for as well as riding.
    I was one of the people encouraging her to ride. I told her that everybody dies, but not everyone lives. Although she was scared before learning, she fell in love when she did.
    Thank you all who knew her either in person or just online who helped her to share her love of riding.
    If anyone wants me to get a message to her family, either email me at NeilLedford@aol.com or contact Jenny who has my cell phone number.

Added thought... to the person who sold her the bike, there's no need to blame anyone. If you want to be mad at something, be mad at the cow. Eat a steak. (it made me feel a bit better somehow). She loved those bikes

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Quote Originally Posted by surfinspacegirl
    Spidey, Jenny went to Jessica's funeral in Louisiana and met her family, and handed over cards we all signed at Caldonia's & printouts of the threads here & on esportbikes.com. Prolly her family tying up loose ends...
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm sorry that I was unable to sign a card for her.

I will be passing out stickers at 2nd Creek this weekend, both days. I am a corner marshall so I can only pass them out early in the morning and during the lunch break. You can find me at the picnic tables next to the snack stand from 7am until I get on the track, during my lunch break, and then at the end of each day I'll hang out for a few.

For those of you who won't be at 2nd Creek this weekend - don't worry we have lots of stickers. And if we run out we will just get more made up. Send your mailing address to me or Jenny. I'm sure we will be carrying around extras for any group rides we do so you can get them then if you don't want us to know where you live.

Since I'm riding out early in the morning for Montana and won't be back till sometime the 8th, could somebody grab a sticker for me next time I meet up for a group ride (probobly Sunday the 9th)... If not please save me one.
    Dan, 02-R6 w/ Custom Scratches (Various Locations)

"You shouldn't suffer through life... You won't survive it."

"It's possible to be a christian and an idiot at the same time!"

"A religious zelot is the first sign of an uneducated mind!"

Jessica’s parents will be at Caledonia’s this Wednesday night. They are very interested in meeting all of us. They will be showing up around 7:00pm. Could someone bring some of those stickers along? I’m sure allot of people would like to have them.

MRA Racer No.427