Thread: Who makes good bodywork

Who makes good bodywork

Well, attempting to fit up some of my bodywork I realized that my EBAY bodywork upper headlight holes were about 2" bigger than original, so im sending that shit back....too much drama.

I need to order a new set, who makes the good stuff?

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Who makes good bodywork

Jeff,

Sharkskinz is by far the best bodywork I've ever had (from companies that are still in business, but that's another story)

It's more expensive than most other brands, but it's worth it especially since you are thinking of showing the bike.

s

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Jeff,

Sharkskinz is by far the best bodywork I've ever had (from companies that are still in business, but that's another story)

It's more expensive than most other brands, but it's worth it especially since you are thinking of showing the bike.

s
    Agreed, Sharkskinz are the best hands down.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Been hearing about airtech. Anyone have any experience with their bodywork?

Actually sharkskinz has a one piece street that is about $200 less than what I pair for this last set.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey View Post
    Been hearing about airtech. Anyone have any experience with their bodywork?

Actually sharkskinz has a one piece street that is about $200 less than what I pair for this last set.
    Airtech fits nice, but is pretty thin and brittle compared to the sharkskinz stuff.

s

Guys who sent me the bodywork:

"HI Jeff, We can send you a new upper fairing for the bike. The new one
    should fit better. The boss takes the headlight fitment seriously. If you could email me some pix of the fitment issue that will help. He like to get after the people who make these mistakes. A slight tight fit is better because then you can sand or file to fit, but being that much too big is not good.
    Let me know which address you want it shipped to. Your address or the shops?
    Thanks,
    Ed

I said:

Ed,

At this point I just want to return the set. The headlight opening was not even close (width and height) and I have already spent money and time trying to make this product work, it has been about a month now that I cannot ride my bike. After the first upper being damaged, and the second one being the wrong size I DO NOT feel comfortable with the product or the service. The only outcome that will make me happy is to send the product back for a complete refund. As I stated previously I will leave positive feedback if a full refund is received. I have all the original packaging and just need and RMA#.

Regards,

The last thing I need now is to deal with this clown.

These guys are real dicks!

HI Jeff,
    We were very liberal with returns in the past, and found that even though we would email a prepaid return label we would not receive the part back even though we refunded or shipped out a replacement.
    We have done this to maintain a positive feedback score. We received a recent negative feedback even though we refunded the money. Paypal only takes the money from my account instantly, it does not put it in the buyers account instantly. The bad feedback should have been for Paypal not us. WE got it anyway. HE also commented the part was fine but did not fit. You can’t imagine how many of fitment complaints are due to the buyers bike being tweaked. I’m saying that is your case, but it happens way more often than not.
    We resell returned items as seconds or returns with virtually no problems. Our molds are made from OEM parts.
    We recently bought some Kawasaki parts that we thought were OEM. They were other aftermarket parts. They are so far off we can’t use them to make molds. Our stuff fits. Sometimes there is a mistake in manufacturing, so we replace the part.
    We were slow about shipping for a while. Not to punish anyone, but we got slammed in the spring when we thought the market would be slower due to the economy so we were understaffed. We have caught up quite a bit.

I don’t think it good, your threatening bad feedback if I don’t play by your rules. I don’t believe Ebay would like that either. We want to work this out but threats are not the way to do it.

We need to see some pix of the problem. That is a fair request. Put yourself in our place. You would want the same.
    The boss can hardly believe a headlight opening would be over 1 inch off so he want to see it. If it is that far off then we will send you a replacement part. The upper is the part that you are having problems with so that is what we will replace, or refund you the price of the upper.
    That is fair.
    Please send the pix to 4myebay@bellsouth.net
    Thanks,
    Ed

Sounds like a reasonable request coming from them on a $600+ dollar item.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Yeah, take a pic and send it in.

Shipping isn't free and they stand to lose money so I don't blame them.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

AKA "Devaclis"

to answer your original question:

Her mom and dad

First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!