Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WE DO HAVE A HERO AMONG US.....

WE DO HAVE A HERO AMONG US.....

Not to overshadow the trajic event with Jessica...but fate in its own twisted way provided a ray of sunshine for another soul. This afternoon myself, Kip, Allan, and Roger headed back down Hwy 7 from Estes.
    Kip and Allan were a ways in front, Kip was flagged down by a woman in distress informing him of a child floating down the rapidly running water next to the road. Kip in full gear under his own accord went into the middle of stream/river and made the recovery just in time as the unconcious child came upon him. Allan assisted Kip and the child with family getting back to safety. Apparently the child was banged and bruised and showed signs of life after it was over. A job well done.
    Fate, twisted and unknowing.....a life for a life. Kip, when you see this post, tell the story. You deserve it! And dont ever do that to me again!!!

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Way to go Kip!

That story just sent shivers down my back.

Awesome!!! As a member of one of Boulder County's swiftwater rescue teams, all I can say is you saved a life. Without your swift actions, it is unlikely that the ending would have come out the same.

Hell Kip, I don't even know you yet, and I'm proud of you!

Dan
    Dan

'00 R1

Quick thinking and quick actions, great job Kip!
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

Wow! Nice ending to what could have been another tragedy. Good job!

Great job Kip!!! Please share your story when you get a chance.
    Tom
    '04 CBR1000RR

Thanks Chris for the kind words. Per your request, I'll tell the story.......

I met Allen and a few riders from CFRSR at 7am in Boulder for an early ride. On our way down from Golden Gate Canyon, one rider went down hard. Knocked himself out and trashed his bike. We helped him get back home and Allen and I decided to continue riding. We then ran into Chris and a few other CSC members during a Peak to Peak ride. After lunch in Estes Park we headed down Boulder Canyon.

A lady running next to Boulder Creek was waiving her hands in the air acting a little out of control. At the speeds we we were carrying, I thought this could get ugly if she steps out in my path. As she got closer to the road and I got closer to her, I could see a look of terror on her face. I grabbed a handful of brakes and stopped as fast as I could. I flipped up my visor and she said " A BABY'S IN THE RIVER ! A BABY'S IN THE RIVER! " I asked where ? She pointed up stream. I looked up stream through the trees and saw the baby floating on it's back disappearing in and out of the rapids.

With full gear still on, helmet and all, I ran down the bank and jumped in the river. Just as I made it to the far side, the baby was about two feet in front of me still on it's back. I lowered my arms and scooped the baby up. The first thing I noticed was how cold her skin was and the fact that she was limp......lifeless, I was afraid. The current was so strong and waist deep I couldn't do anything in oder to help her breath except get back out of the river. I did toss her head up towards my kneck and shoulder, thinking this might help her breath instead of carrying her flat in my arms. Half way across, she coughed and then starting crying. I remember thanking God that she was still alive and then seeing Allen entering the river to help me out.

The baby had been floating for about a quarter mile. Her head had numerous lumps that were starting to swell from hitting all the boulders in the river but seemed to be doing fine. As young as the baby was, it seemed to realize that it had just been saved....before I let go, she squeezed my kneck giving me a hug. Everyone was crying and saying "thank you, thank you !" The shock was still affecting the family when Allen and I left.

I'm sure any CSC member would have done the same thing.....I'm just glad that everything worked out.

It seems on this day, one life was spared, while another was taken.
    God Bless, Jessica.

Wow, great job Kip, you definitely did save that baby's life!

Great job Kip. Man you rock dude. Big thumbs up to you man.

Deuce

congrats...

Totally awsome, must of happened after I split away after lunch. I can't begin to explain how greatful I am to meet up with this kind of group... Everyone knows this weekend I've had the Eh! feeling and took it slow... Alot of things happened this weeked, some good, alot bad... I hate it when I feel like this...

Again congrats, Since I've only just checked out this group for about 2 weeks, might I suggest and honorable recognition, just for grins (Hell, I would go as far as trying to get the story published in the newspaper)... We need to look and congradulate the goods things, we all know that no matters what the situation, 1 negative always takes away 10 Positive....

K, I'll be quite now...
    Dan, 02-R6 w/ Custom Scratches (Various Locations)

"You shouldn't suffer through life... You won't survive it."

"It's possible to be a christian and an idiot at the same time!"

"A religious zelot is the first sign of an uneducated mind!"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Very well done Kip. You should be very proud of yourself.

Ralph, I agree that this is some definitely worth mentioning to the television and newspaper press. Kip's story is something the whole motorcycling community should know about, as well as the general public.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

congrats Kip it took real bravery to do something like you did and I got to say my hat is off to yoou today for going above and WAY beyond the call of duty risking your own life to save another and have absolutly no doubt in my mind that you did save that familys child

ps Ralph I belive Kip deserves a hero status for his account
    Bryce Random racing #814

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Right On!

Well done!
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce
    ps Ralph I belive Kip deserves a hero status for his account
    So do I!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It really wasn't much of a decision....my thought process was, there's the baby...go get it.

Once it was over, a thought did cross my mind.... I hope that family and those people that were there think differently about the next crotch rocket that passes them on the road.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm confident any CSC member would have done the same thing.

Thanks.

I do belive you might be right Kip but still it was your ass at risk when you jumped into that creek which has and will probably will again swept away full grown adults and killed them. that in my mind says alot abot you
    Kip that you put others well being above your own and the fact that no thought was needed proves that point

P.S. this group is a damn fine bunch of people to know and it makes me proud to say I know tou guys
    Bryce Random racing #814

Re: Right On!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    Well done!
    Hear hear. You showed your true colours, Kip
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Kip, as we talked that night on the phone....i truly believe you now have a pair of wings reserved in Heaven. Just remember that when I am down in "Pitch Fork Central" trying to get the Hell out of there!

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Way to go, Kip! I for one, am very proud to have you as a member of this group. I'm sure I'm not alone. Your quick thinking, courage, and bravery speaks for itself.
    Nate
    '07 CBR600RR

Kip, I've only met you briefly at the first wheelie school and on a casual ride, but I have no questions as to the integrity of your character. As a father of a 2 year old who has no fear of water, I try to teach my daugher the dangers of moving water and drowing. Yet, children will always be drawn to it's beauty, mystery, power, etc. And for your actions, I just want to say thank you! I fear that could have been my daughter, or anyone else's for that matter.

Board Newbie
    Good Job Dude!!!

Wow touching story. Im so glad the baby was still alive. Good job Kip!!!!
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Great job Kip!! It doesn't surprise me considering the quality of people I have met in this club. You are a true hero and it's a pleasure to know people like you and the other members of this club!
    Mike

01 RSVR Mille (street)
    04 RSVR Mille (race)

MRA #98

Suomy Helmets, TK Motorsports, Zero Gravity Windscreens, Morse Racing Products, Motul Lubricants,

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."
    John Wayne

To save a life..... is the world's second greatest gift. I am proud of you