Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WE DO HAVE A HERO AMONG US.....

You're a frickin hero!!! I hope you get acknowledged publicly,( en mass) for that AMAZING life saving event! Fine Job!!!!!!!!

Great job, Kip! Way to be THE MAN!!!

(I am attempting to catch up on all the news while I was away...)

I am so looking forward to meeting you and all the other members of this group....you did an awesome thing for that family and for all of us.

thank you!
    shacheri

"Ok, so what's the speed of dark?" ~Steve Wright

Just a heads up - I just spoke with Mary Latsis from the WB2news room about Kips heroics....pointed her to this thread and am hoping she can get enough information to put together a news story for their 9pm show this week.

Go Kip!!!
    shacheri

Hey guys, thanks again for all the kind words.

If the news does pick the story up, the message that I would like to relay in order to put sport bike riders in a positive light, particularly CSC members, is that even though we may ride fast at times we do value our lives and we also value the lives of others. That's why I can confidently say any CSC member would have done the same as I did.

I just notice the "Gaurdian Angel" above my pick.

Who ever added that.....I dig it !

Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    I just notice the "Gaurdian Angel" above my pick.

Who ever added that.....I dig it !

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    Does anyone know what ever happened with the baby? Was she truely ok, or were the bumps to the head bad?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Damm Kip, GREAT JOB! I am proud to know you. And I understand what your saying about other CSC members doing the same. This is the BEST riding club I've ever road with. And there are truley some good people here.

Nice job Kip! It's a good thing you didn't worry about getting into the water. The creek has been raging this year too!

It would be cool if you could see how that baby progresses through life. You may have changed history! BTW, how did the baby get into the river?

Quote Originally Posted by purpgixxerchic
    Does anyone know what ever happened with the baby? Was she truely ok, or were the bumps to the head bad?
    I'm assuming the baby was o.k. It was crying and able to stand on it's own. The bumps on her head were starting to swell, but she looked o.k., just beaten up by the currents and rocks. I got the impression this may have been a poor spanish family, so I don't know if they took her to the hospital or not....I hope they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout
    Nice job Kip! It's a good thing you didn't worry about getting into the water. The creek has been raging this year too!

It would be cool if you could see how that baby progresses through life. You may have changed history! BTW, how did the baby get into the river?
    I was told the family was having a picnic and a few children were playing in a calm part of the river, but the baby ventured a little too far out and the current pulled it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout

I was told the family was having a picnic and a few children were playing in a calm part of the river, but the baby ventured a little too far out and the current pulled it in.

Kip, I have been thinking about the chances of getting a story written for this.....do you have any names or information about that family?

My feeling, having been in TV for a while, is that if the reporter can't establish contact with that family and "flesh" out the human details of this, they probably won't pursue it....it would be too vague and ambigious for a story....as good a story as it is.

I really want to help with this, if I can.
    shacheri

No Sacheri, I have no idea who the family is or how to get in touch with them and they have no idea who I am. The only witnesses were the baby's family and members of the club I was riding with that day...Allen(CFRSR member), Chris and Roger (CSC members).

Once it was over, Allen and I poured the water out of our boots, hopped on our bikes and rode home soaking wet, leaving the family on the side of the raod still crying and hugging eacth other.

Well, and you had God for a witness as well...

perhaps the family will step up and tell their story and the pieces will come together....meanwhile, we can celebrate the good that came out of your heroic efforts and salute you and Allen and Chris for what you did and the person you are!

I look forward to meeting you tonight!
    shacheri

Board Newbie

More angels out there...

My bro-in-law is a Boulder Co. Sheriff's Deputy, so if there was any sort of call for emergency services he might be able to find out who/what etc... Let me know if I can be of help!
    Rock on Kip!
    ... Your own... personal.... Jesus....
    =)
    KARMEN
    sahshansven@hotmail.com

Just gotta say big thumbs up Kip, been gone 2 weeks and a lot has seemed to happen. Good to see we still have folks that care and will act in a moments notice, way to go

Very well done Kip. Hero's are people who don't think, but act! You are a Hero through and through.

Way to go, Kip!!! I'm proud to know you and glad that you are a member of this club!

Thanks again guys for the kind words.

That's awesome Kip! I'd give ya a big hero hug if I could!

I'm going to unsticky this thread now, but I will move it to the archives forum after a few days so it doesn't get auto-deleted from the site.