Thread: 2 days in Calgary-Banff. EPIC!!

Thumbs up 2 days in Calgary-Banff. EPIC!!

My work decided the report they were prepping for a client needed to be hand delivered Monday morning. To Calgary. I volunteered. I avoided the man with the rubber gloves in customs, and managed to deliver 6 large binders to a very large and shiny building in downtown Calgary.

In downtown, I saw this car:

But instead I rode this:

To a place where I rented this:

So I put on my outfit:

And rode into this:

And did a little lounging next to this:

And here:

Nice. 550 Miles in 2 days.

Once in a lifetime. Really.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: 2 days in Calgary-Banff. EPIC!!

Ahhh it reminds me of Lake Louise
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Yep, that's an awesome area to ride/hike/etc. I lived in Calgary for a year. Winter was hell but summer was awesome. You definitely hit it at the right time.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

AKA "Devaclis"

I want to ride Banff sooooooo bad!! How di you like that Hyosung? I have heard good things about that bike.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

I am soooo jealousy. Yep, been up in that area once before...when I was 8 years old. I still have memories of the amazing mountain ranges and Lake Louise. *sigh*

Dammit...once more before I die!

I'm glad you got to experience it that way...must have been amazing.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Awesometacular!!!

Banf is on the list for my 2010 road trip.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Ahhh it reminds me of Lake Louise
    Maybe because it *is* Lake Louise. And Moraine Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Yep, that's an awesome area to ride/hike/etc. I lived in Calgary for a year. Winter was hell but summer was awesome. You definitely hit it at the right time.
    Downtown Calgary was fantastic. I was impressed with everything. Others hinted about their excess of winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    I want to ride Banff sooooooo bad!! How di you like that Hyosung? I have heard good things about that bike.
    The Hyosung is not my favorite ever. I started writing a full review that I'll post eventually, but in summary, if I was wanting a 250 street bike, I'd get the Kawasaki. The orange paint however is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    I am soooo jealousy. Yep, been up in that area once before...when I was 8 years old. I still have memories of the amazing mountain ranges and Lake Louise. *sigh*
    Those mountains are f'ing huge!!

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Banf is on the list for my 2010 road trip.
    Good choice. I definately want to go back and spend more than 2 days there. And when you think about it, it's not really that far. By plane, it's only a 2 hour flight, then under two hours in a car.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post
    Good choice. I definately want to go back and spend more than 2 days there. And when you think about it, it's not really that far. By plane, it's only a 2 hour flight, then under two hours in a car.
    If you can arrange to get a tour of the Burgess shale site in Yoho NP a little farther up the road, it is definitely worth it. It's a bit of a hike to get there but it is one of the coolest paleo sites in the world. Not many places where you can see fossils with preserved soft tissues.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    How di you like that Hyosung? I have heard good things about that bike.
    I had a Hyosung gt650r for about two months. It is good for a starter bike. It doesn't have a lot of power, and a bit slow in accelerating. I wouldn't buy it again.
    Imma girl....so what! What's your next question?