Thread: Loveland Fireworks Show

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Loveland Fireworks Show

Every year, the City of Loveland puts on their display over Lake Loveland in the middle of town. Every year for the past 9 years, I've been impressed, not only by the show, but by the amount of people gathered around the Lake. If anyone is looking for a fireworks show up in the North area, check out the show at Lake Loveland.

As far as where to park, and where to sit...we live about 8 blocks due West of the Lake, so we walk. The neighborhoods on all sides of the lake typically have quite a crowd of extra cars parked for several hours on the 4th. When we walk to the lake, we usually find a place to sit along the sidewalk on the West side of the lake, because there are no trees in the way and if we are closer to North Lake Park, then we get the best viewing of the show possible.

Yeah, this isn't such a bad show either. The company that has created the show in the past has been Angel Light Pyrotechnics.

So, come for the show, fun and huge crowd...it's always been a good time.

Last edited by mtnairlover; Thu Jul 2nd, 2009 at 09:02 AM.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: Loveland Fireworks Show

we need to find a way to get everyone from the party there
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Everyone pile into a couple of the bigger vehicles...mine can hold at least 6 peeps and drive to a spot where we all can park and walk to a chosen spot. I don't have lawn chairs, but we always sit on a sleeping bag anyway.

Let's talk about where to park and which area to sit at. If we go right before the show starts, you can bet that the seating around the lake will be taken up. So, we'll have to figure this one out. Might need to go to the golf course on the hill. That's also been a place where people watch.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

How was the show this year? Greeley sucked, wishing we would of headed up that way!
    Every hunter is someones prey!

Not bad at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post

Fireworks show...

...and, as is typical of the show, the finale was more like an encore with people almost getting up and leaving before the last rockets went flying. Like last year, there were heart shaped works (at the beginning of the show) and this time there were a few smilie-faced works, too. I'm such a kid that I get a kick out of seeing those go up...I always wonder how the explosives must be arranged in those canisters to make those shapes appear.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

It sucked for me, because I put the camera away once the fireworks stopped for about 15-30 seconds. What was that about?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli