Thread: Up the Poudre

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Up the Poudre

Some of us yokels decided to venture forth and escape the morning dreariness that was hanging over the Front Range...so, we headed up Poudre Canyon. You know it was only a matter of time that I finally made it to the other side of Cameron Pass this season...freakin weather anyways!

The morning's ride up was incredible and surprisingly near traffic-free. It didn't take too much before we were bathed in sunshine and blue skies.

(One of my more favorite shots, cuz of the Jap bike representation in it...Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and a Kawasaki)

Something I've always wanted to do and never stopped for is a photo of "The Crags" on the West side of Cameron Pass. The road is pretty nasty on this side of the pass for several miles at least. Weather and water run-off seem to have done a number on the road. This time though, we went real slooowwwww in order to pull off and get a shot...

Someone's missing...oh yeah...there she is...

Made it to Moose Creek Cafe by about 11:30 in time for a yummy lunch and good conversation before the clouds that were hanging over North Park decided to unleash what they were carrying. Hey! Watch where you're pointin' that thing!!!

Good times indeed. Thanks for joining me you bunch'a crazy nutballs...

You know...it's only a matter of time before I am actually successful in completing a full loop around those mountain passes...only a matter of time...
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Sun Jul 5th, 2009 at 03:59 PM.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: Up the Poudre

looks like it was a beautiful ride.. im jelous

lol check out the moped for sale!
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by BeoBe View Post

lol check out the moped for sale!
    Lol...yeah, a pretty good way to get around town up in Walden. Not a very big town at that.

The clouds were amazing as we rode into North Park. They were hanging over all the mountain ranges, kinda surrounding us on all sides. The ones that finally hit, were the ones coming from the West, though. We got a few sprinkles as we left Walden and headed back home, but nothing too major. We were out of the rain way before we got out of North Park.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

yep, another great 330 mile ride today!!
    The Poudre canyon is such a long windy road, lots of fun and hardly any traffic today.
    Last edited by CHRISTIAN COWBOY; Sun Jul 5th, 2009 at 05:14 PM.
    When I die I want to go to Heaven, just don't want to do it real soon!!!

Most excellent way to spend a Sunday morning!! Thanks y'all for dragging my slow ass up the canyon! : )

Good times! Thanks for leading the way Cath!

one of these days im gonna make it to a ride again lol
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

what the hell did I not get the memo, no text, nothing...... i am saddened
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Quote Originally Posted by chad23 View Post
    what the hell did I not get the memo, no text, nothing...... i am saddened
    Waitin' on you to be 100% dear. This one was not a short jaunt. Sorry if I saddened you. I just don't like rejection too much, so I didn't send a text, cuz I knew what the answer was gonna be.

Gonna maybe not ride next weekend. My niece's 19th bday is Sunday, so we're gonna go play at Water World. I dunno about Saturday...playing it by ear for now.

ok that is a worthy excuse..... by the way you said "up the poudre" hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by chad23 View Post
    by the way you said "up the poudre" hehehehehe

Why yes, yes I did.

I must come across as way too serious for anyone to catch me on my humor, so good catch...then again, maybe it's just your mind...oh wait...that would mean...hmmm...I do not have a dirty mind!

hey, if you guys do another ride next sunday, let me know. my bike should be 100% by then since i've got new tires in the mail, and no more slipping clutch!
    ^Ted^

sorry ted...the kawi quota is met...gotta keep everything in balance...

Quote Originally Posted by denver_whitest185 View Post
    hey, if you guys do another ride next sunday, let me know. my bike should be 100% by then since i've got new tires in the mail, and no more slipping clutch!
    I won't be riding on Sunday. Gonna spend the day with the family at Water World. You guys enjoy the weather though...I hear it's supposed to be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    sorry ted...the kawi quota is met...gotta keep everything in balance...
    now thats just funny right there

Yeah, that's cuz the one kawi we got, just blows away the competition. We don't wanna go too over the top ya know ;-)

plus being one up'd by a 250 is just too damn embarrassing
    ^Ted^

Now that's funny!

I know :P

Im just happy when i can keep up...
    ^Ted^

hey, so i won't be up for any rides soon. someone stole the 2fitty, however i have insurance, so i just have to wait for that check to come in before i buy something else. im thinking a ninja 500 cause they are cheap and similar to maintain or a KLR650.

im leaning towards the ninja cause i'll be needing to do alot of crosscountry trips soon since my ex and daughter are moving to north carolina....
    ^Ted^

Damn Ted! What is it with sportbikes and getting stolen and whatnot? Sorry to hear that, but hey, you'll be getting another bike, so good on ya.

Also, sorry to hear about the ex moving your daughter all the way to the East Coast. Sucks, big time.