Thread: Volunteer Needed ASAP

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Volunteer Needed ASAP

I am sure alot of you are following the financial problems the MRA is facing with the information that is on this board and the MRA board

A suggestion was made to organize a ride for the CSC to come watch the races on Sunday July 26 at HPR

Since I will be racing I can't do it

So........I would like to ask someone to step and organize the ride..meeting place..time..etc

Who will do it?

If you need any more details please let me know

Joe
    Last edited by jplracing; Tue Jul 7th, 2009 at 03:19 PM.

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Re: Volenteer Needed ASAP

Maybe the MRA should not be run by HPR; and Visa Versa. Maybe the two should be ran as two different companies. Maybe there would be less bias in the system, making both do better. That does not mean HPR and MRA cant work together to help both highly succeed. I think that there will be problems, and big ones for MRA. And one will need to succeed, the other will fail. Maybe MRA needs a new board?

But that’s just my uneducated and non-racer two cents on ideas about businesses.

(And I do feel that this ride may help MRA and should be done.)

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

Zanos

First..this post is about needing a volunteer to help. Not bitch about the current structure of what is going on.

Second...I have stated publicly many times about the need for a firm line between HPR and the MRA.

But the reality is that our local race club is hurting and it is time to step up and do something about it.

So unless you would like to help organize something positive I will ask you to stay out of this thread and bitch and moan elsewhere

Joe

I just said that it was needed and should be done. I am working so I am unable. I just also think that there should be seperation.

Just commenting. Calm yourself.

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

Re: Volunteer Needed ASAP

I work Sunday as well.

Dutch and Drift have asked for more info.....

So.....

When: July 26
    Where: High Plains Race Way (HPR)
    Time: races start roughly at 10:30 am and normally go into the mid to late afternoon

Cost: Entry fee for spectators is $10 however, we are printing some 2 for 1 coupons

**Possiblity Only** There has been a sugestion to allow a parade lap (for a fee) to the street riders that wish to see track. However, it will be the MRA's insurance company that will have the final decision if this will be allowed**

again what I am looking for is for someone to help coordinate the meeting place, time, etc... etc...

Joe

Joe... just an idea from oregon...

We had what was called "Taste of Racing" at PIR. During the lunch break hour on race days, regular riders (whos bikes and gear were up to snuff) were allowed to ride the track for a $25 or $15 fee. Each signed a waiver stating they knew that there was no insurance coverage provided whatsoever and that they were riding at their own risk. THe riders would follow volunteer racers around the track who were marshals and kept the pace at a safe but spirited pace. THere were rules regarding passing and so forth but it has brought a decent amount of money to the local race club out there. Might be an idea to help....
    When I ask a girl to dance I always look for the one with the yo-yo in her pants!

SPY

I think that is a great idea..only problem is I don't have the ability to do anything about it

I will mention it to the MRA and go from there

Joe

i was trying to organize a ride to the races for this coming week at ppir, and no one seemed so interested...

maybe because i am new? not sure, but i would help. i love riding. and i love the races. seems like a no-brainer!

let me know.

Whitebrad

Put a ride together...just cause Dutch is doing one doesn't mean you can't.

Chances are you guys live in different parts of the city/state...so nothing stopping you

Thanks

Joe

Wish I could make it out there that day to support but I will be in Texas that weekend. A lot of my family are into Harleys and Cruisers, but they enjoy a good race. I will let them know about the race that day at HPR and have them spread the word. I know of at least 5 Harleys for sure that would love to show up. Good luck.
    For My Diavan