Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW Saved Me a Ticket

CCW Saved Me a Ticket

So I jump in the car at 10pm this evening to head to Denver for work and flip on my head lights and one is out. Well crap, I just know I'm going to get pulled over. Sh*tty thing is, my plates expired beginning of this month. Ticket waiting to happen, I know. So, driving south on I-25 and I pass 2 CSP Tropers on the shoulder. Headlights go on as soon as I pass and I know I am getting pulled over.

So I am on the side of the highway he walks up to my window and I hand him my DL and my CCW cuz I have my .380 in the concole next to me. Honesty is the best policy ya know. So he asks me why I carry. I told him I work nights in denver and he says "Ah, Denver is the only place I carry off duty too". He asks what I carried bla bla bla gun talk, "can I have you're regestation and insurance". Holy Crap, where did it go, I cant find either.

Long story short(er), headlight out, expired tags, no proof of insurance or vehical registry. NO TICKET. I have had tickets for less, had to have been the CCW.

Any like expeariances?

And before you post anything, most of the above problems will be remedied tomorrow.

Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...

R.I.P. Les Paul

Re: CCW Saved Me a Ticket

Nice, my compadre has a CCW as he bounty hunts part time. He has been pulled over for speeding a couple of times and got the same treatment, was asked why he carried and then the gun talk begins. Always gets let off with a warning. Wish I could carry...
    For My Diavan

See I figured it was more of a common ground thing and not a intimidation thing. Plus a person has to have a relatively clean record to obtain a CCW. So presenting it says "Look, I'm not a criminal and I am law abiding." I think, to the officer, it takes some of the mystery out of what kind of individual I am.

Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...

R.I.P. Les Paul

shit, i am carrying damn near all the time and my CCW has NEVER got me out of a ticket... usually it just gets me in handcuffs while they search my car!

generally though I am a good rider/driver so if i get pulled over it is usually because i did something REALLY stupid! lol.

but all of the cops appreciate it when you let them know the skinny right up front.

- Justin
    Justin Naekel - Las Vegas, NV

Wait a second... I thought all cops were nothing but jack-booted thugs who were bullies in high school and had thimble-sized penises so they carry a badge and a gun to make up for their inadequacies? Or have I just spent too much time on this board???

The CCW was probby part of it, but he also pulled you over for minor offenses that would just end up being "fix it" tickets or a small fine at best. That and the fact that you were polite, straight forward, and not a prick probably give him ample reason to let you go. Good post tho!

Zach, lots of folks on here don't like police officers, but not all of us mang! I have no problem with 'em! When I get pulled over, it's always been 'cause I was doing something stupid! If I'm not willing to take the ticket, then I shouldn't be acting dumb! If you're referring to the "Denver Police Sue City" thread, that's not even anti-police, it's just a qustion of whether anyone should get paid to get dressed in the morning!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

No Chris. That thread has been turned into an anti-union slant from Libertarian know nothings.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    No Chris. That thread has been turned into an anti-union slant from Libertarian know nothings.
    Any time you want to step up and enlighten us Canuck, feel free. Or you can just question people's intelligence in a feeble attempt to feel superior...you're call.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

I kinda doubt it was specifically the CCW... More than anything, I bet it was the straightforward honesty. If you are straight with the cops and show them what you've got, even if it's illegal, they tend to be more lenient. Try to hide shit from them, or throw them attitude, and that's when they get pissed.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Wow. Harsh.

R.I.P. Les Paul

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    I kinda doubt it was specifically the CCW... More than anything, I bet it was the straightforward honesty. If you are straight with the cops and show them what you've got, even if it's illegal, they tend to be more lenient. Try to hide shit from them, or throw them attitude, and that's when they get pissed.
    I think it comes down to "if you make my job hard, I'll make your life hard. If you make things easy, I've got no reason to come down on you." Common courtesy & polite honesty is something that is becoming more and more rare in currenty society and I'm sure even more scarce for police officers making routine stops.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    I think it comes down to "if you make my job hard, I'll make your life hard. If you make things easy, I've got no reason to come down on you." Common courtesy & polite honesty is something that is becoming more and more rare in currenty society and I'm sure even more scarce for police officers making routine stops.
    Exactly
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I would agree to a certain point. Any time I've been pulled over I have been nice, polite and respectful...and always gotten a ticket. But grats on not getting a ticket man, whatever the reason
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Don't get me wrong... I've been nice & polite and still gotten a ticket, but I've also gotten myself out of LOTS of trouble by just being straightforward and honest.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Don't get me wrong... I've been nice & polite and still gotten a ticket, but I've also gotten myself out of LOTS of trouble by just being straightforward and honest.
    +1
    But then again, I was performing a ticketable offense at the time.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

, but I've also gotten myself out of LOTS of trouble by just being straightforward and honest.
    Pretty good advice for all areas of life right there
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Dissconected from this world

Well you did the right thing handing over the ccw with your license, any thing you can do to put the leo at ease the better off you will be, congrats!!!

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    Any time you want to step up and enlighten us Canuck, feel free. Or you can just question people's intelligence in a feeble attempt to feel superior...you're call.
    Wow Shea, you are the sensetive one. I never questioned your intelligence nor anyone elese with that statement. I just get tired of hearing and reading the stance of the Libertarian movent and how they act like the enlightened ones. I should know, I used to be a Libertarian, a staunch one at that.

You used that Police thread as an opportunity to slam all unions, when that wasn't a Union issue. It had to do with Federal Labour laws. Now after saying that, I don't support the law suit, but that doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Canuck; Wed Jul 8th, 2009 at 01:21 PM.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerves View Post
    So I jump in the car at 10pm this evening to head to Denver for work and flip on my head lights and one is out. Well crap, I just know I'm going to get pulled over. Sh*tty thing is, my plates expired beginning of this month. Ticket waiting to happen, I know. So, driving south on I-25 and I pass 2 CSP Tropers on the shoulder. Headlights go on as soon as I pass and I know I am getting pulled over.

So I am on the side of the highway he walks up to my window and I hand him my DL and my CCW cuz I have my .380 in the concole next to me. Honesty is the best policy ya know. So he asks me why I carry. I told him I work nights in denver and he says "Ah, Denver is the only place I carry off duty too". He asks what I carried bla bla bla gun talk, "can I have you're regestation and insurance". Holy Crap, where did it go, I cant find either.

Long story short(er), headlight out, expired tags, no proof of insurance or vehical registry. NO TICKET. I have had tickets for less, had to have been the CCW.

Any like expeariances?

And before you post anything, most of the above problems will be remedied tomorrow.
    Serious you have expired tags, no proof of insurance or vehicle registraion and get away with it. Wow, I am all for people getting breaks, but those things are pretty important to have with the privledge of driving. Please tell me you at least have these things, but they were not in your car!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Wow Shea, you are the sensetive one. I never questioned your intelligence nor anyone elese with that statement. I just get tired of hearing and reading the stance of the Libertarian movent and how they act like the enlightened ones. I should know, I used to be a Libertarian, a staunch one at that.
    I'm tired of the liberals on this board claiming an enlightened stance (on any subject) and hearing how profoundly intelligent you are vis-a-vis anyone who disagrees with you. Yet all you can do is belittle people without ever defending a position or providing any sort of debate/counter debate on the points provided.

"Libertarian know nothings" - I'm sure you meant that as a compliment. Could be wrong though.

I used to be a Libertarian just like you in ideological thought. But then I became enlightened.
    Yeah...

You used that Police thread as an opportunity to slam all unions, when that wasn't a Union issue. It had to do with Federal Labour laws. Now after saying that, I don't support the law suit, but that doesn't matter.
    It is a union issue as the union is the entity suing. However, I didn't start the union-bashing but if you want to blame it on me, knock yourself out.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Zach, lots of folks on here don't like police officers, but not all of us mang! I have no problem with 'em! When I get pulled over, it's always been 'cause I was doing something stupid! If I'm not willing to take the ticket, then I shouldn't be acting dumb! If you're referring to the "Denver Police Sue City" thread, that's not even anti-police, it's just a qustion of whether anyone should get paid to get dressed in the morning!

Actually, it has nothing to do with that tread at all. I understand peoples' complaints to the lawsuit because I'm a cop and I think it's ridiculous. My complaint is mainly with the people who refuse to admit they did anything wrong or say "Sure, I was at 100, but that other guy was doing 102!!! Why'd he pull me over???". It's always the cop "picking on" them.
    Last edited by CaneZach; Wed Jul 8th, 2009 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Actually, it has nothing to do with that tread at all. I understand peoples' complaints to the lawsuit because I'm a cop and I think it's ridiculous. My complaint is mainly with the people who refuse to admit they did anything wrong. It's always the cop "picking on" them.
    hehe, I can honestly say that every time I've been pulled over it was legit

Well maybe that one time I got pulled over for the front license plate in my Talon. Definitely got the feeling they were profiling me. Guess I should have called the ACLU on that one...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Actually, it has nothing to do with that tread at all. I understand peoples' complaints to the lawsuit because I'm a cop and I think it's ridiculous. My complaint is mainly with the people who refuse to admit they did anything wrong. It's always the cop "picking on" them.
    i would venture to guess that this thread supports the theory that the cops 'pick' on people, as the cops do pick and choose who they enforce laws on, and why and all kinds of things for no rhyme or reason...

i think it would make more sense if as soon as the officer clears your name you got to rochambeau to get out of the ticket... makes more sense than the current practice of officers picking on certain people...