Thread: Man killed in shooting range accident...

Man killed in shooting range accident...

Cripes!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12871366

You have to be a serious kind of moron to point a gun at some one when unloading... or anytime accept in self-defense. Jackass.

Re: Man killed in shooting range accident...

You know what they say, most people get killed by unloaded guns.

It is sad to see people in the shooting community abusing the areas given to them by the state to enjoy the activity. The Pawnee grasslands was like that too a while back, trash everywhere, dryers and such brought out to use as targets. Then they threatened to close the place down to shooters and it got cleaned up in a hurry.
    Last edited by Nerves; Sun Jul 19th, 2009 at 11:04 PM.

Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...

R.I.P. Les Paul

Who the fuck unloads or clears their gun with there finger on the trigger?!! It takes a finger to pull the trigger of a gun. A gun doesn't just magically shoot. This is just going to help all those anti-gun activist that want to close every range out there. I tried going shooting on friday and just found out left hand canyon is closed. Its because of idiots that throw their trash around and unload/clears their guns with a finger on the trigger.
    2005 Pure Sex R6

You know you wanna

when going to the shooting range, even legit ones that are 90% officers from several counties.. I have seen some stupid shit being done whether it were accidental or intentional which is pretty sad... People need to learn to have a little bit more respect..

Just goes for the saying. "Guns dont kill people.. Stupid people kill people"
    "guns dont shoot themselves"
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Yodannyc View Post
    Who the fuck unloads or clears their gun with there finger on the trigger?!! It takes a finger to pull the trigger of a gun. A gun doesn't just magically shoot. This is just going to help all those anti-gun activist that want to close every range out there. I tried going shooting on friday and just found out left hand canyon is closed. Its because of idiots that throw their trash around and unload/clears their guns with a finger on the trigger.
    Not always true man! I had a old 12 ga. pump shotgun that I kept in my bedroom. I was going on a trip and my wife at the time asked me to unload it and put it in a safe while I was away. My finger was nowhere near the trigger and as I pumped the action to "jack" a shell in then out, the gun discharged. Of course being a cert. safety instr. I had the gun pointed in a direction away from anyone. But needless to say,,, the wife that was afraid of guns REALLY was afraid after blowing a nice sized hole through our bedroom wall. I took it outside and finished unloading it then sawed the breech in half, hammered the barrel shut and threw it away. Scarry stuff though.
    I may not go down in history, but I might go down on your sister!

Which range was the one where people'd bring washers and dryers to plink at then leave them where they lie?

I was talking to one of the Forest Service folks and they did close one range but it was because the rangers were taking fire back in the forest (IOW, people couldn't even keep their shots close to the targets).

We had one guy get shot by a DI when I was in Marine boot. He turned around while we were on the range and pointed the rifle back into the lines.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

If you don't keep your barrel pointed down range AT ALL TIMES, you will pistol whipped, no exemptions.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

AKA "Devaclis"

Jeff will shoot you in the FOOT!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    If you don't keep your barrel pointed down range AT ALL TIMES, you will pistol whipped, no exemptions.
    AMEN...

Gun Safety is always number one at ANY range.
    Plus I wear one of these
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Yodannyc View Post
    Who the fuck unloads or clears their gun with there finger on the trigger?!!
    What's wrong with that? I clear my weapons by pointing them at friends all the time.

...running out of friends though.

But seriously, the dumb shit behind the trigger needs to go away for a long time. This is why I don't like going to ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Panman06 View Post
    But seriously, the dumb shit behind the trigger needs to go away for a long time. This is why I don't like going to ranges.
    This is why I don't like to be around guns (other peoples).

Quote Originally Posted by Panman06 View Post
    What's wrong with that? I clear my weapons by pointing them at friends all the time.

...running out of friends though.
    lol, morbid humor for a Monday...almost makes it bearable
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

This doesn't look like a epidemic of violence where guns are used as the main tool. This looks like a accident from a momentary careless act from one guy. I don't think all gun owners should take the blame for this. We should learn from it and take it as a reminder or wakeup to use good gun safety.
    When my fiance's car was shot I didn't blame the world or draw parrelels to Columbine. It was one guy being careless and shot a .45 off in his trunk and it went thru his ricer and in to our ride.
    I sat him down and went over gun safety like he was a child. But since no one was hurt and he was willing to make it right. I didn't see a need to make it worse for him like call the police and kick his ass. It was an accident and he wasn't acting like asshole about it. The only complaint I have about the whole thing is that when he shot the car he didn't come to me to say anything. He waited for me to notice it and then ran over saying he was sorry. I almost missed it too.
    But this has nothing to do with the range. It would be like shutting down Belview Ave. for someone getting into a fatal accident.

uh am I missing something David? I don't think anyone is saying this is an epidemic nor a problem with "all gun owners".
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

If I stand in a room full of people with sticks, my chance of getting poked in the eye goes way up.

At least two of the cardinal rules of firearms safety were being broken here for this incident to happen:

1: NEVER point the muzzle at anything you do not intend to kill or destroy.

2: DO NOT place your finger on the trigger until your sights are aligned on target, you know what is beyond your target, and you are ready to fire.

Unfortunately, Darwin's theory won't permanently remove the responsible party from the gene pool to improve the breed, but hopefully the court system can keep him from reproducing for a while.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    uh am I missing something David? I don't think anyone is saying this is an epidemic nor a problem with "all gun owners".
    The hint here is that the range will shutdown. That seems to be blaming all gun owners. And those antigun types that often stand in the warm blood of victims will try and show it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofColorado View Post
    The hint here is that the range will shutdown. That seems to be blaming all gun owners. And those antigun types that often stand in the warm blood of victims will try and show it that way.
    You should try writing greeting cards

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    If I stand in a room full of people with sticks, my chance of getting poked in the eye goes way up.
    I prefer the analogy:

If you stand in a room full of dogs, your chances of stepping in shit...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    You should try writing greeting cards
    I don't think there is a market for making people more depressed after getting a card.

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    At least two of the cardinal rules of firearms safety were being broken here for this incident to happen:

1: NEVER point the muzzle at anything you do not intend to kill or destroy.

2: DO NOT place your finger on the trigger until your sights are aligned on target, you know what is beyond your target, and you are ready to fire.

Unfortunately, Darwin's theory won't permanently remove the responsible party from the gene pool to improve the breed, but hopefully the court system can keep him from reproducing for a while.
    Ahh I cant handle a gun without hearing my grandfather yelling (mostly at my little brother) about gun safety....if i am not at a range with some angry old man yelling at people about safety it doesnt feel right.....I like shooting up in the woods but when more people arrive I get out of there because people are nutters in those open ranges.
    1998 CBR600F3 "Desert Storm" - SOLD

WAS keeping the banana seat alive!