Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone travel for work?

Anyone travel for work?

I am in a funk at my home away from home. Sort of getting into a lame pattern of doing nothing every night. Traveling 50-75% of the time so I have a lot of nights with nothing to do. This is ongoing 2 years (different places) but this location is less than spectacular.

Anyone have exp traveling and able to figure out how to keep themselves stimulated?
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Re: Anyone travel for work?

2 WERDS: strip club

Strip clubs are so cliche and meh.

Work pay for entertainment?

If so, google "What to do in X". When I was in Houston, I saw damn near every attraction they had over the weekend I didn't have shit to do. I was rather occupied during the week (7a-4p) so I can't help you there.

See movies, head out to the local clubs (if you are single, of course), work on your man mojo, etc.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Usually I basically get lost. I would just get in my car and drive anywhere. Take a camera along. You would be surprised what you might find in the middle of nowhere.

travel on travelas

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Scer View Post
    Usually I basically get lost. I would just get in my car and drive anywhere. Take a camera along. You would be surprised what you might find in the middle of nowhere.

travel on travelas
    +1
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Also, +1 to what Scer said, although I opted not to do that in Texas, because I hate Texas.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I am in a funk at my home away from home. Sort of getting into a lame pattern of doing nothing every night. Traveling 50-75% of the time so I have a lot of nights with nothing to do. This is ongoing 2 years (different places) but this location is less than spectacular.

Anyone have exp traveling and able to figure out how to keep themselves stimulated?
    I will work away from home for this job I just got!!! I will keep myself stimulated !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalibra View Post
    I will work away from home for this job I just got!!! I will keep myself stimulated !!!!
    You just make sure you keep your hands to yourself while stimulating!!!!
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

dammit!

I'm traveling right now! Just about to board a plane for Portland, for work.

I don't travel often, so to me I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I can always find something to do, though it's kinda hard to find something fn to do when traveling alone.

factoid: Portland has more strip clubs per capita, than any other city in the nation. Also, they are all nude and with alcohol. But, no touching!
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

travel on travelas
    Yep, I do need to make a couple trips out of town. At least one in each direction. Hey, whaddaya know, all the roads around here either go straight east, west, north or south!!!! I do need to get my camera and bring it though, +1 on that tip.

Current view.

I don't really do strip clubs. My fiance wouldn't care, but they sort of skeeze me out. Plus the ladies up here never really drop the winter weight. And the population is about 50k. Very limited, haven't gone to Hooters to see what the talent level is like but I am not expecting much.

I have considered getting my hands on the Rosetta Stone and start spending some time working on my Spanish or Italian again. Spanish might be better for work. Anyone have a copy?

I have started a 4 mile loop. Need to be able to run it in one go, currently fatty has to run/walk it.

Lots of alone time. Thank Al Gore for the internet and Comcast for cable. Shit, with all this spare time, I could have been 2 years into training to be an MMA fighter. But I am too sensitive about damaging the money maker. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by kalibra View Post
    dammit!
    Thats right, get back to work!

Usually I basically get lost. I would just get in my car and drive anywhere.
    Worst part, I don't even have my own vehicle, I have to share..... Reason 15a why I am job hunting.

I have been able to play more golf than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    factoid: Portland has more strip clubs per capita, than any other city in the nation. Also, they are all nude and with alcohol. But, no touching!
    Portland, OR or Portland, MA ?

Portland has lots of breweries too. (Oregon)
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

travel on travelas
    +1 on that!
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

I don't travel all that often, but I find myself working stupid hours when I do, and sleeping the rest of the time....it's pathetic really. If I went somewhere better than, ummm, Canada, I'd probably spend a little more time sight seeing.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I second the explore idea. I don't travel much for work but when I do that is how I kill time and I have found some very interesting areas. I have to admit when I went to Indy last year for the Dealer Expo and for the first trip ever I didn't have a car I felt stranded.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post

When I was in Boston, I found a ton of stuff to do. In Mesa, AZ, a lot of cute girls(if you're not attached of course). Taipei, name it, it's different. Same for Korea. Portland, coffee, beer, roses. SLC, strip club. Austin, live bands. San Francisco, Hooters and cable cars, Fishermans Wharf, The Haight, GG park, Sausalito, tons more. Museums are closed at night. So basically, hookers and blow in any town.

Where are you?

Bismarck, ND.

bismark?

one werd: suicide

Hahaha, thanks crackerBrad, you are a lot of support! Have any suggestions on methods? I don't have a local Dr for a rx, gun applications take forever and are messy, too flat to find a cliff for work's minivan, besides its so slow I doubt it could even reach a terminal velocity in a free fall.
    It is also apparently impossible to be bored to death. Appears that is just an expression after all.

man if you travel for work and get to go to different places then you have it made.......its called free tourism. I travel for work, every other week for over 5 years......to the same bloody places. that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

I've travelled to 49 states (no Alaska yet) and many of them have been for work. Been to every major metropolitan area. I’ve been to Bismarck in the middle of winter during a snow storm.
    I agree with going out and exploring whatever the area has to offer. I’ve been to a BUNCH of amazing places and most of them I found by investigating as I pass through.