Thread: Anybody use Boost Mobile????

Anybody use Boost Mobile????

Thinking of switching cell service, actually have to as we have Qwest and they are discontinuing service in Oct.
    Saw a deal for Boost Mobile for $50/mo gets unlimited talk/text and net. Sounds pretty good but if the service stinks then notso good ya know?
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

Re: Anybody use Boost Mobile????

I've been wondering this myself for a while...

IM THE GREEN DOT YO!
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Do you wear big gold chains and drive on phat rims? Boost is perfect for you then! Ha just kidding!

BigE I work for VZW and can help you make the transition to VZW if you want. You get some free phones and things like that for making the switch. You can bundle your vzw service with your other qwest services if you have them (ie internet and home phone). Also let me know who you work for I can see if you get any discounts.

2003 Triumph Bonneville (Goodwood green with gold inlay)

2006 Fusion White Speed Triple (SOLD)

We have it for my son and its fine service. Boost is the prepay option for Sprint/Nextel so coverage is good in most areas. Boost did have problems with text messages being slow to deliver because the network was overwhelmed with everyone jumping on the 50$ unlimited but they have fixed that now. My son whos 12 and texts like mad has no problems.

Phones are far from the top of the line feature wise but if your not a crackberry or iphone type person then they are just fine. Boost will work on almost any Motorola Nextel phone so you can find used ones cheep. We have 5 or 6 just lying around the house from my love of buying "whole box" deals at auctions and flea markets. Go to a local sprint store and get the 10$ Boost activation kit, put the sim card in the phone and your up and running.

If the wife and I were not locked to Verizon I would prob. go with Boost as soon as they came out with a real smartphone option.

Quote Originally Posted by merlotSV View Post
    Do you wear big gold chains and drive on phat rims? Boost is perfect for you then! Ha just kidding!

BigE I work for VZW and can help you make the transition to VZW if you want. You get some free phones and things like that for making the switch. You can bundle your vzw service with your other qwest services if you have them (ie internet and home phone). Also let me know who you work for I can see if you get any discounts.
    Hey, why ya gotta be pickin' on bicycle parts yo!
    I was looking at Verizon, heck, I've been looking at everything and probably am overanalyzing it all but haven"t found any others for unlimited talk/text/net for $50/mo.
    As for my employer...at the moment that would be Me, Myself & I which is why I'm looking for something not a two-year contract and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by iam4u2nv View Post
    We have it for my son and its fine service. Boost is the prepay option for Sprint/Nextel so coverage is good in most areas. Boost did have problems with text messages being slow to deliver because the network was overwhelmed with everyone jumping on the 50$ unlimited but they have fixed that now. My son whos 12 and texts like mad has no problems.

Phones are far from the top of the line feature wise but if your not a crackberry or iphone type person then they are just fine. Boost will work on almost any Motorola Nextel phone so you can find used ones cheep. We have 5 or 6 just lying around the house from my love of buying "whole box" deals at auctions and flea markets. Go to a local sprint store and get the 10$ Boost activation kit, put the sim card in the phone and your up and running.

If the wife and I were not locked to Verizon I would prob. go with Boost as soon as they came out with a real smartphone option.
    Thanks, this is the info I was looking for. I had a friend of mine tell me he used to have Nextel and the service, well, the connection service stunk. I guess people calling off other systems got connected to the Nextel operator then would get connected to him instead of them being directly connected.
    So it sounds like that is not the case anymore???
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

Yo dog, where you at?
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F