Thread: Is that Billion, with a "B"..?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Is that Billion, with a "B"..?

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Is that Billion, with a "B"..?

So it was either waaay over priced or a shit tone of weed. Either way, good for them. Too bad they did not get the 1.2 bills, only the sticky shit.

Waiting for new High Times article about this bust...........wait, what? Dude.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

They should decriminalize it. Sell it. And bail out retailers who specialize in snack food.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Don't forget this operation...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_12904373

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

You must've eatin like a hundred bucks worth of pot and 30 bucks worth of shrooms.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

AKA "Devaclis"

They are quickly making Tobacco illegal. There is now way weed will ever be legal for mass consumption. You have to fake glaucoma, or short term memory loss, or the munchies to get medical chronic.

The argument that it will bring in ton of tax money and lower crime is a pipe dream. Look at the countries where it IS legal. Look at the net tax intake from the sale of weed.

I mean, it would be GREAT if it worked the way everyone wants it to but there are too many economical an bureaucratic factors to make this illegal substance a legal financial win for the country.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

When you get a chance, i'm gonna need that $130 bucks man.

No matter our intentions, when we kill the innocent, we become the enemy.

AKA "Devaclis"

The more I think about it, they could make everything about weed LEGAL except the SALE of weed.

So you can grow, possess, smoke, and SHARE it, but you cannot sell it. Then you can align your shakras, feel good about your karma, and chill to some Cherry Garcia in peace, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post

Man, I took a hit that day....I mean...my friend had a big loss that day. Yup, my friend. Gotta go....

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Damn! you know what this means? The price of weed's going up.
    I may not go down in history, but I might go down on your sister!

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post

LOL dude, the comments on that story are hilarious!

The dollar #s are always inflated because:
    1. They use a formula that's basically 2 lbs/plant or some other ludicrous #.
    2. It gets headlines and helps protect their jobs to go out and do the same bullshit again.

This issue is at a weird point. We've got a legal muddle of some law enforcment entities that are actively pursuing laws against weed while laws "for" are in place in the same jurisdiction. Soon I imagine we'll see an equal protection challenge to one of these prosecutions, because you just can't throw someone in jail because they happened to run afoul of one law enforcement body, when another law enforcement body in the same place and time would have just ignored them.

But the real cause of the problem is our gutless, nutless politicians who just will not have an honest debate on this subject because some "tough on crime" asshole will have a fit. As a society we've pretty much decided to "bite the bullet" (so to speak) on guns and put up with a low level of gun violence for gun freedom, but we can't bring ourselves to tell the American inner Puritan to shut the hell up and do the same for weed.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    08 KTM Super Duke Rtard

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    .....pipe dream.
    Dana said "pipe".
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

AKA "Devaclis"

It was a hidden pun

The DEA and the local agencies that co-operate with them, instead of ENFORCING state and local law, can all go burn a fiery, fiery death in hell.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

AKA "Devaclis"

Amen
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

It is, it's in Bailey!

I saw this thread and thought....."wonder how long till Big J chimes in"

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    ... As a society we've pretty much decided to "bite the bullet" (so to speak) on guns and put up with a low level of gun violence for gun freedom, but we can't bring ourselves to tell the American inner Puritan to shut the hell up and do the same for weed.
    I have never heard a better aurgument for legalization. Thats pretty much it. I have no interest in weed myself, but I would love to repool the resources used to stop it against meth. The minor level of crime from legalizing it would be less than what is there now.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Pot farm busts are always way overestimated because they weight the entire plant; stalk, rootball, leaves and all... in a fully hydrated condition. But growers are only drying and selling the flowers. When they say one pound, it's more like one ounce or less give or take. Still, this is a big bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    But the real cause of the problem is our gutless, nutless politicians who just will not have an honest debate on this subject because some "tough on crime" asshole will have a fit. As a society we've pretty much decided to "bite the bullet" (so to speak) on guns and put up with a low level of gun violence for gun freedom, but we can't bring ourselves to tell the American inner Puritan to shut the hell up and do the same for weed.
    The right to keep and bare arms, is our constitutional right(has been since 1791). I don't remember reading anywhere in the Constitution about your right to roll another fatty and bake yourself into oblivion.

I think comparing one of our oldest rights as citizens, to being able to have access to "hippy lettuce" is a bad and wrong.

Second Amendment is more about self-defense than anything else(defense from criminals and from tyrannical government). It's our given right to protect our lives and what we own. I don't see how comparing "ganja" to a inalienable right to protect your Life is equal or plausible.

Look if you like getting baked out of your mind, that's your thing. But don't compare it to my right to keep and bare arms.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."