Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20k BABY! Woohoo!!!--MC miles that is...

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Talking 20k BABY! Woohoo!!!--MC miles that is...

So, I was feeling a tad restless and was missing my bike. I know she was missing rev'in her engine. Hadn't been out in 2 weeks. So, I decided to hold off on my weekend cleaning and packing up of stuff and went for a ride.

I knew my baby was getting up there in milage, so I decided to see what kind of riding I'd do today and compare to the end of the day...

Today was (is still) amazing weather-wise. Just right temps. Even up in the mountains. I did a lil loop. Up hwy34...over to hwy7...down to Lyons. Oh...tee hee. I saw Sean and Chris at the hwy7 and P2P junction and waved. I didn't know it was them until I got down to Lyons. I stopped at that lil park across from Oskar Blues and a few minutes later, there they were. Nice Duke, Chris!

Anyhoo, I decided to go back home taking hwy7 back up to Estes and then took Devil's Gulch Road to hwy34 and down to Loveland. I took a few side roads along the way.

Back up on hwy7, there's a road that takes off to an area called Wild Basin. It's probably the most Eastern edge of RMNP. There's a fee station and then a lake, but I decided to bypass the fee station, cuz I was only passing through. I did stop for a few pix though...

After coming out of the Wild Basin area, I stopped along hwy7 at the Longs Peak sign. Ahhh...Colorado skies once again....

My riding buddy for today wasn't the normal bi-ped, bi-modal type...he had 6 legs and 2 freakishly long antennae....and he loved posing for the camera...

When I finally made it home, I thought I'd double-check my trip meter...

Woohoo! Just enough to top the 20k mark!

Yep, that plain Jane...funky looking...sorta sportbike has been with me for over 17,000 miles now in less than 2 years. Time to break out the beer...
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Wed Aug 5th, 2009 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Not my post count...
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: 20k BABY! Woohoo!!!

I thought you were goingto Denver to ride. how was devils gulch? we drove up there on thursday and they were mowing the edge of the road. They also open the chute to the left and blew everything onto the road. grass, rocks all kinds of shit.
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Um yeah...lol. Gotta be invited first, dontcha know. I got teased (Jeff texted me yesterday), but no confirmation...so, I did the solo thing.

Anyhoo, Devil's Gulch was fine all the way through. Clean and sunny. I took it nice and slow...just a really nice day for some easy riding at times.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

it was a great day.We did biscuits and gravy today. Sorry I thought you already had plans for today.

Funny boys. It's called c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-i-o-n...try it some time...it's amazing how clear things become...lol.

I miss biscuits and gravy. And I miss riding with you and the guys. Gonna go cry now :-( Kidding. But, not about riding with you all. Next time you see me post something and this goes for anyone else;-) pick up da phone and call to be sure.

Anyhoo, there's always next time.

I'm glad you guys had a good morning. It really was wonderful out there.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Sorry we missed you running up and down 7 .... spectacular day..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

sorry I missed you too. Just ASSUMED you would be there. Maybe why I wrecked!!
    So at first I was trying to blame Jeff, but he was way behind me, guess I will blame you for not being my guiding light!!
    Alls o.k.

Thank you Chad, mayo, Will and everyone that helped me get my sore ass and bike home.
    See ya in a couple weeks, nothing serious, well unless I can fake it so you will come mow my lawn!
    When I die I want to go to Heaven, just don't want to do it real soon!!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

OH NOOOOOs!!! Glad you're ok Daniel
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Cathy, you are right, you are cooler than I , you are smarter than I and so no and so on.

Daniel I am just glad you are ok. Also happy you didnt need the truck and trailer. that means your bike is fixable

Quote Originally Posted by chad23 View Post
    that means your bike is fixable
    and should be fixed by the person responsible....JMO
    i'm just as happy you were good to go daniel.

cathy...congrats on the mile marker.
    good luck on the mileage contest.
    i haven't been putting in my normal mileage this year so that will be one less rung you will have to climb
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Thank God it's about the miles on your bike and not your post count! Congrats!
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

It was great running into Cathy!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN COWBOY View Post
    sorry I missed you too. Just ASSUMED you would be there. Maybe why I wrecked!!
    So at first I was trying to blame Jeff, but he was way behind me, guess I will blame you for not being my guiding light!!
    Alls o.k.

Thank you Chad, mayo, Will and everyone that helped me get my sore ass and bike home.
    See ya in a couple weeks, nothing serious, well unless I can fake it so you will come mow my lawn!
    Congrats Cathy...

And Daniel you had me so WORRIED yesterday when you texted me...I am so thankful you are ok. I will mow your lawn or feed horses when needed!

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by chad23 View Post
    Cathy, you are right, you are cooler than I , you are smarter than I and so no and so on.
    Now don't go laying on the bs...I'm gonna get sick to my tummy with all that freakin sugar....sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Sorry we missed you running up and down 7 .... spectacular day..
    Oh yes indeed....

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN COWBOY View Post
    Um...see my answer to Chad.

But yeah, I'm just glad you're around to laugh and talk about it and already ordering parts.

Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post
    cathy...congrats on the mile marker.
    good luck on the mileage contest.
    i haven't been putting in my normal mileage this year so that will be one less rung you will have to climb
    Yeah, I don't think I'll come close to what others have been putting on this summer. I was just kinda dumb-founded in a sense the last time I went out riding. I mean when I looked at the counter, I couldn't believe it's been that many miles. I still have another 2800 to go for it to be 20k for me, since I bought the bike with 2800 on it. Anyhoo, it's been a blast so far.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmofo View Post
    Thank God it's about the miles on your bike and not your post count! Congrats!

I don't think I'd have that many miles if my post count was that high...I'd be inside all damn day...ewww, parish the thought.

Cath, you remind me of why I love this obsession of ours so much. Ride on girl!
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

It's a passion I'm happy to have and to share.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Congrats! My old girl just turned 47k up here, while I turn 45 tomorrow. Yep, we're both ancient!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Hey C_M...I thought your b-day was today...the 4th? Man am I backwards. My daughter's in the 6th...I have another friend who's bday is today, or was that the 6th as well...oh Damn! Guess I'm old too...lol.

Member Lifetime Supporter CBRSue's Avatar

20K? Wow!!! Congrats! You're a cruisin' pro with all those miles under your belt. Thanks for sharing the pictures! You always take great pictures.
    Susan

AKA "Devaclis"

That is awesome chica!!!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

lol...I should add that 17,200 miles to my previous 16,000 on the previous bike...I'd be that much closer to C_M's mileage...lol. Wait, that sounds kinda funky huh? Oh never mind, it's probably just an age thing again...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    ...I'd be that much closer to C_M's mileage...
    Its not the miles, its the wear
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    Its not the miles, its the wear
    And, it's how you got that wear...

lol...hmmm...maybe better stop while my brain is still more on the clean side.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Hey C_M...I thought your b-day was today...the 4th? Man am I backwards. My daughter's in the 6th...I have another friend who's bday is today, or was that the 6th as well...oh Damn! Guess I'm old too...lol.
    Mine's the 6th! Missed ya Sat, we all seriously thought you were busy. Well, chad said that, and chad is the starbucks god so we took it as gospel. Anyway, glad you got out at least!
    08 CBR 1KRR RED
    Lots of goodies, more to come
    06 Big Dog K9 custom