Thread: Interesting cornerworker perspective

Interesting cornerworker perspective

Re: Interesting cornerworker perspective

Awesome article! That gave me chills just imagining it ... it can be a dangerous thing being a cornerworker ... and after doing it for a few races last season, I have the utmost respect for the people dressed in white keeping us all safe!
    '05 Titanium 1000RR

Re: Interesting cornerworker perspective

Well after dealing with the AMA for the last 4 years this is standard procedure for them. Their reason to stop a race is completely different then from what clubs think. Keep this in mind when headed down to PPIR for the nationals.

The reason it takes a long time to get red flags called at a AMA event is due to their procedure. First a corner calls control. Control tells AMA control of the problem. AMA control will contact someone else within the AMA and then the calls all have to go in reverse to get a red flag thrown on the corners.

This is the way it is and they will not change the way they do things. I called a red flag on my own when Duhamel crashed in T2 at PPIR and was about relieved of my duties. Even though his bike started in T2 and came to a rest in T3.

As far as the cornerworker running a cross the track, as long as the riders are up and OK there is no reason to put yourself in harms way to get across the track to pickup bikes. Most likely in the MRA this crash would of resulted in a red flag way before it was called in this race. The AMA cares more about the races especially a televised last lap race that is close, then they do about safety.

Just the way it is.

Lurch
    MRA #retired