Thread: CO Springs to Tucson- Pic’s

CO Springs to Tucson- Pic’s

Hello all,
    I had the opportunity to take a bike ride from Colorado Springs to Tucson recently and thought to share a few pictures. I’ve never been to Tucson before and it was nice to visit the area. I took my time riding and spent 6 days for the round trip- nearly always on secondary roads and logged about 2300 miles. The ride was awesome, even considering I was hit with afternoon showers 3 out of 6 days. I was prepared for wet riding and the showers were brief with bright sunshine always appearing soon after.

I started out riding south on 115 and noticed this place for the first time- it’s just north of Canon City. It was early morning and it appeared they were not yet open.

Last edited by Dave; Fri Aug 7th, 2009 at 07:47 PM.

Re: CO Springs to Tucson- Pic’s

Texas Creek and Monarch Pass are always fun- although I did meet a good LEO along 50… He presented me with his business card and a kind request to reduce my speeds… Thank you sir for the break!

Blue Mesa Lake

I’ve never ridden 550 before and was excited about this day! The twisties near Ouray and Silverton made for great riding and the scenery is fantastic and made it difficult at times to keep enough focus on the road. I definitely want to ride this area again.

Rode with this group of experienced riders for a few hours- they were mid way through a 2 week adventure.

Had lunch in Silverton

Molas pass was nice riding and more awesome scenery!

Wow! Beautiful pics so far! I lived in Tucson for over 2 years, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. Thanks!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

A father and daughter I met at Four Corners riding from Texas to Utah; She had just earned her bachelors degree and the ride was to celebrate the accomplishment!

A pit stop to revive the body in Springerville/Eager AZ. I thought this place might have a rough crowd, but it was a nice little gym and folks were very friendly to this traveler.

Arizona 666 somewhere between Springerville and Clifton- fantastic views along this remote highway and very tight technical corners! I rode it both directions and only saw about a dozen cars, 1 sportbike and few touring bikes. The pavement was clean and in decent shape and with nearly zero traffic one can ride it at a nice sporty pace.

Last edited by Dave; Fri Aug 7th, 2009 at 07:31 PM.

More taken along AZ 666

Lost rider at a lodge/restaurant near Alpine AZ- nice friendly little place.

I dig the Tucson area plant life

I hope to have the opportunity to make this trip again and explore AZ further- nice state!
    Last edited by Dave; Fri Aug 7th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

That was great, thanx for sharing..

great pics...
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Very nice road. Digging the caution motorcycles sign and 10 mph signs!

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Looks like you had a blast out on the open road and even made a few friends. The territory that we are a part of really begs to be seen. Alot of these types of road trips are the very ticket. I myself try and do at the minimum 2 every year.
    On average it is 4-6 per year due to peep pressure or wild hair moments.
    Blasting threw Monument Valley in the Res doing a buck thirty just clears my sinuses/brain like no over the counter drug can do.
    I would encourage everybody to just check out early on friday, pick a direction, and come home late sunday with a pocketful on new memories and experiances.

Peace Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Great pics Dave! Duc is looking good.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    Looks like you had a blast out on the open road and even made a few friends. The territory that we are a part of really begs to be seen. Alot of these types of road trips are the very ticket. I myself try and do at the minimum 2 every year.
    On average it is 4-6 per year due to peep pressure or wild hair moments.
    Blasting threw Monument Valley in the Res doing a buck thirty just clears my sinuses/brain like no over the counter drug can do.
    I would encourage everybody to just check out early on friday, pick a direction, and come home late sunday with a pocketful on new memories and experiances.

Peace Bash
    What he said.

Dave, that trip looks amazing...those roads...ahhhh, the memories (at least the Colorado ones).

Nice photos, too...really nice.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways