Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: 8/13 IMI Evening Session

Re: 8/13 IMI Evening Session

Yeah, I didn't want to go in and delete any of the blurry ones yet since some of them actually look pretty neat!
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by BugHunter View Post
    Glad you're OK, what happened?
    Oh you want to know? I had the whole ride home to think about it and here is how I see it.

1. My breaks are crap
    2. Was coming in a little hot
    3. There was a crack in the pavement
    4. I wasn't rolling on the throttle even enough
    5. My body position was off. I had to much of my weight on the front.
    6. My tires are not the best (old and warn in the back) and were not warm enough
    7. I was a little fatigued
    8. My brakes are crap (did I mention my brakes are crap?)

So, put it together and this is what happen:

Coming down the back straight, I hit 85ish and then break hard when I hit the end of the fence. Only, pulling the break lever all the way to the handle isn't breaking as hard as I need (serious mush). So I'm coming into turn 5 a little hot, but not CRAZY hot, If it was I would have run it into the grass.

So, I hit the turn and my body is off position as I have a lot of my body grabbing the tank due to the hard breaking late in the straight. I dive in, set my line for the turn, roll on the throttle at the apex, and I think all is good. Then, all of a sudden my back starts sliding as I leave the apex. I practice the "art of doing nothing" and...well, do nothing. I stay on the throttle, don't chop it, and just keep it where I have it as well as my body. I'm just hoping the bike will settle its self. Next thing I know, the back wheel is coming around town, catches, and I'm getting bucked off. I'm thrown into the air, had to be 30 feet , and my bike is practicing gymnastics.

After looking at the mark my tire left, there is a slight uneven crack at the turn and that is where the tire mark started. It's believed that , in combination with my body position, the back tire hit this crack/bump, and came unloaded, started spinning and boom.

Anyway, my years of skateboarding experience kicked in and I prepared for the fall. I walked away, the bike walked away with minor damage, and hopefully Ill have it all ready for the track day on 9/13 at HPR.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it. Rumor on the street is I just wanted test my leathers.

If any one has some clip-ons, rearsets and body work for a -07 GSXR 600 let me know.

(thrown this in cuz its not used enough)
    Hold on to your butts.

07 GSXR-600

I'm glad ypu were able to walk away man...there was some serious rubber left on the track...you had to be riding out that slide for quite a few bike lengths...

...and for the record...suzuki brakes do suck...they are the scapegoat for my detour last week as well...

If you need a hand throwing her back together, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post

If you need a hand throwing her back together, let me know
    Will do man, thanks.
    Hold on to your butts.

07 GSXR-600