Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To the chick in shorts this morning on I-25...

To the chick in shorts this morning on I-25...

What exactly is the point of wearing a leather jacket, gloves, helmet, and pairing them all with a pair of short shorts? (before we get too far down this path guys, not like she's showing off finely scuplted gams or anything) It was a little cool this morning and I'm sure your legs must have been freezing, but I can't believe that nair really makes your legs impervious to gravel, rocks, or, God forbid, road rash. Looks like you were on some older Suzuki or Kawi intermediate sportbike but if you're under geared, I'd think the slower lane might be the preferred place. Instead, I was in the far left lane doing 85+ with traffic when you blew past me on the right and started cutting in & out of traffic with no visible signal. I hope that the other vehicles around me could see me shaking my head so that they got the idea that not all sportbike riders have no regard for their bodies like you. At least grab some jeans or something, they're $15 at Target, or buy 100 pairs for $50 or something at costco... gah!

/rant.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Re: To the chick in shorts this morning on I-25...

Meh, let others be stupid, and let natural selection happen, well, naturally.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

The new Nair does protect against road rash...just sayin'.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

If she was just missing her pants then this could have been a "Ride of Shame" sighting...

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    Meh, let others be stupid, and let natural selection happen, well, naturally.
    I just don't like being on the road with 'em b/c people usually look at the spectacle and then look at me, assuming I approve or endorse stupidity. Also, I really didn't wanna spend my morning picking her legs off the road b/c I'm a rider & a good person & I wouldn't be able to just pass it by if she went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    The new Nair does protect against road rash...just sayin'.
    aaaaand who's surprised that Shea knows what's written on the side of the nair bottle? Anybody?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

If she was just missing her pants then this could have been a "Ride of Shame" sighting...
    Well if that were the case I'd probably have heard her coming by the loud clapping, flapping sound from base of her tank...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    aaaaand who's surprised that Shea knows what's written on the side of the nair bottle? Anybody?
    Not me, that guy's a freak...

...wait wut?
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Sorry Chris... I was running late for my Brazillian waxing appointment this morning...

ewwww kidding... I was behind another rider last night and their rear tire flung a rock at me (probably the size of a strawberry) and it hit my left arm and hurt like a mofo... I was even wearing my leather jacket!!!

I often wonder why some riders will wear a jacket and no lid ? Or a jacket and helmet but no gloves? ... oh well, their choice..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

I know how to spell it, I just forgot the other "h". Heater's Avatar

Well, it's her skin graft I guess. What an idiot. Here's my little vent.....
    For all you guys that don't wear helmets and let your girls ride on the back....
    put a helmet on your woman!!!!! If you don't care about your skull turning to mush when it makes contact with the pavement, at least have the decency to care about hers. Don't let her wear bootie shorts and dresses (yes, I've seen chicks in DRESSES). What the hell guys?! Is your love so strong that if you go down, she's going down too? Romeo and Juliet already did that, sorry to burst your bubble.
    I know it's your life, your body, blah, blah, blah, but did you ever stop to think about the 6 year old in the car next to you oohing and aahing about the motorcyle? What happens when you go down and he's traumatized for life because he got to see you and your girls brain splatter across mommy's windshield? Just stop and think about it please.
    Sorry, stupid riders bother me.
    Go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by Live4theMoment View Post
    For all you guys that don't wear helmets and let your girls ride on the back....
    put a helmet on your woman!!!!! If you don't care about your skull turning to mush when it makes contact with the pavement, at least have the decency to care about hers. Don't let her wear bootie shorts and dresses (yes, I've seen chicks in DRESSES). What the hell guys?! Is your love so strong that if you go down, she's going down too? Romeo and Juliet already did that, sorry to burst your bubble.
    I know it's your life, your body, blah, blah, blah, but did you ever stop to think about the 6 year old in the car next to you oohing and aahing about the motorcyle? What happens when you go down and he's traumatized for life because he got to see you and your girls brain splatter across mommy's windshield? Just stop and think about it please.
    Stupid riders bother all of us! I've actually heard two schools of thought on the "we've got one helmet between us, who wears it?" question. I'm still in the "save the girl, I don't wanna keep on going knowing that I killed someone on my bike or caused them pain by my actions. However, the other thought process I've heard is that since the guy was riding the bike, he should have the helmet because it will allow him to ride better. It'll keep the wind out of the rider's eyes and if bug or rock hits the helmet, no biggie, but if a rock or large bug hits the rider the natural reaction is to jerk & upset the bike even a little.

Ride how ya will, but at least there appears to be a little merit to both sides
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Nair makes me go faster... If I was missing my pants it would be the "Ride of Vain" cuz I would be showing off my off finely scuplted calves.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
    Nair makes me go faster... If I was missing my pants it would be the "Ride of Vain" cuz I would be showing off my off finely scuplted calves.
    Does anybody have a rusty spoon for me to gouge my eyeballs out with now? lol
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Screw that thought... 1 helmet - 2 riders = 1 person on bike. No if's, and's or but's...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Have you been introduced to the term “Squid”?

They are a yearly renewable source of R1 parts and donor organs.

I know it's your life, your body, blah, blah, blah, but did you ever stop to think about the 6 year old in the car next to you oohing and aahing about the motorcyle? What happens when you go down and he's traumatized for life because he got to see you and your girls brain splatter across mommy's windshield? Just stop and think about it please. Sorry, stupid riders bother me.
    As for the 6 year old, I have seen enough riders go down to know what it looks like. It’s so quick that all you typically see is the dust settling. If a 6 year old did witness these squids power slide concrete it wouldn‘t be any more traumatizing that what they are typically exposed to watching most any Spongebob cartoon. IMHO (Oh and I do agree with your other points)
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon Aug 10th, 2009 at 09:48 AM.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Medicjess View Post
    Does anybody have a rusty spoon for me to gouge my eyeballs out with now? lol
    Being a medic _ I thought you could atleast find something more sterile... remind me not to land in your ERrrrr

wait - I know if I was in your ER for a broken arm - I know you would still tear my pants off....
    Last edited by Horsman; Mon Aug 10th, 2009 at 09:41 AM.

I know how to spell it, I just forgot the other "h". Heater's Avatar

Have you been introduced to the term “Squid”?

They are a yearly renewable source of R1 parts and donor organs.

Soooo...are most of the "squids" in Aurora, because I sure see a lot of that crap here!

As for the 6 year old, I have seen enough riders go down to know what it looks like. It’s so quick that all you typically see is the dust settling. If a 6 year old did witness these squids power slide concrete it wouldn‘t be any more traumatizing that what they are typically exposed to watching most any Spongebob cartoon. IMHO (Oh and I do agree with your other points)
    Luckily I've never seen a wreck, but at least it's good to know it's just a giant "poof" with no splatter Little Timmy can go home and watch all the violence he wants on TV and be traumatized naturally like the rest of us. LOL
    Go big or go home

Even in the nastiest wreaks I’ve never seen a body go poof or even body parts get separated. (working a corner for the MRA you get to see some nice spills) The worse I think I have ever seen was a helmet-less face plant into a windshield pillar of a car at a buck something. Even then the action was so fast you couldn’t tell what happened until the slowed down the video.

MRA Racer No.427

So how is the glove search coming along??? sorry, I just had to get ya on that
    Elden (The Superchink) MRA #415 / AFM #102

Do you want to take your riding to the next level?
    http://chicanetrackdays.com/

Unique Track Day event to benefit children!!!
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/

blah blah blah..... Whether you choose to wear gear or not, it's YOUR choice.

Yes, riding your bike with your helmet straped to the passenger seat and not on your head is pretty foolish. But again it's your choice.

Personally i will always ride with a lid on. And so will my passenger. Couldn't deal with the guilt if something happened. But i'm not always coved in leather head to toe. Which is my choice.

As for the original MO of this thread. What's the problem??? What is a pair of denim jeans going to do if you slide at 30 mph or faster? NOTHING!!! (Use GixxerCarrie's knees as an example). If people are going to preach AGATT, then they shouldn't be rocking full leather the top half of their body and denim jeans for their bottom half.

Now.... If you are going to wear jeans as your form of protection atleast go to a shop and get a pair of knee/shin guards. They protected me when i get t-boned by an F-150.

***This is and/or was Not an attack on anyone.***

I'm just tired of hearing everybody calling someone else a squid for what they are wearing or what they're NOT wearing. There's been times where i've gone out riding only wearing my helmet and gloves as some sort of protection. And other times where i'm in full leathers.

Ahhhhh............. Didn't mean to stir the pot. Sorry.
    Last edited by Matty; Mon Aug 10th, 2009 at 11:24 AM.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    blah blah blah..... Whether you choose to wear gear or not, it's YOUR choice.

Yes, riding your bike with your helmet straped to the passenger seat and not on your head is pretty foolish. But again it's your choice.

Personally i will always ride with a lid on. And so will my passenger. Couldn't deal with the guilt if something happened. But i'm not always coved in leather head to toe. Which is my choice.

As for the original MO of this thread. What's the problem??? What is a pair of denim jeans going to do if you slide at 30 mph or faster? NOTHING!!! (Use GixxerCarrie's knees as an example). If people are going to preach AGATT, then they shouldn't be rocking full leather the top half of their body and denim jeans for their bottom half.

Now.... If you are going to wear jeans as your form of protection atleast go to a shop and get a pair of knee/shin guards. They protected me when i get t-boned by an F-150.

***This is Not an attack on anyone.***

I'm just tired of hearing everybody calling someone else a squid for what they are wearing or what they're NOT wearing. There's been times where i've gone out riding only wearing my helmet and gloves as some sort of protection. And other times where i'm in full leathers.

Ahhhhh............. Didn't mean to stir the pot. Sorry.
    +1 Matty. I now have the ICON jeans and bought the knee shin guards for a total of $16. I have learned my lesson....Been over a month and my knees still arent healed. I had the full gear in my bag! STUPID. It only takes once and I don't rock that way no more. See your point though.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Gold Member

hahaha hey guys look another csc circle jerk about much cooler we are for wearing gear..

wow just gay..

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    blah blah blah.....
    Valid points!
    Depending on the circumstances of the crash though, denim jeans can protect you more than you might think. I've been down at 50mph in a pair of jeans and only gotten minimal roadrash on one knee. Any kind of protection helps. Just b/c the jeans may rip away after skidding 15 feet doesn't mean that you should just say "fuck it" and wear shorts 'cause if you're gonna get hurt, you're gonna get hurt!

I've said it to others and i'll say it again, I'm less concerned with people's personal choices reflecting poorly upon them since it's their life & they can live it how they like. I do have a problem when the poor choices of others reflects negatively on me. If I see a bike go zipping ahead of me cutting in & out of traffic without regard for others, drivers look at me expecting the same thing and they start closing in to keep me from switching lanes. When someone else is being careless in their choice of gear, it reflects poorly upon me as a rider too.

In the end, I suppose it's not actually the fact that she was wearing shorts, but more that, in doing so, it conveyed a message of having no regard for her own body or safety. They way in which she was riding, although not completely reckless, contributed to that message of disregard. Because I'm on a similar bike, it's a natural conclusion for somone in a car to draw that since we're both on bike, we share similar disregard for safety.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    hahaha hey guys look another csc circle jerk about much cooler we are for wearing gear..

wow just gay..
    hey guys look, another antagonizing post from Townie!

Not say'n I'm any cooler for wearing gear or anything of the sort. Just wishing people would protect themselves a little more, that's all.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]