Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back protector!......but no helmet or leathers WTF?

Re: Back protector!......but no helmet or leathers WTF?

Meh, I squid it all the time at lunch. IDGAF what people think. The rest of the time, I always wear my jacket, helmet, gloves, jeans. If it's going to be more than 100 out, I drive the fuckin car.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh View Post
    My only gear gripe is the douchebags that roll around with their helmet strapped to the tail of the bike.

By all means, it's your choice to wear a helmet or not, but having your helmet hang on the back of your bike is like taking the airbag out of the steering wheel and bolting it to the outside of your trunk.
    Haha, I know what you mean. I was taking a ride to Canon City and a guy got behind me on a 636 wearing shorts, sandals, t-shirt, hat on backwards, sunglasses and MX gloves......I'm already thinking "what a tool". I stop for gas, and he pulls in too....."dude I like your bike" begins the conversation. I noticed he had his lid strapped on the back, asked him why and he said "in case it rains". I abruptly ended our chat....lol

My only gear gripe is the douchebags that roll around with their helmet strapped to the tail of the bike.

By all means, it's your choice to wear a helmet or not, but having your helmet hang on the back of your bike is like taking the airbag out of the steering wheel and bolting it to the outside of your trunk.
    Disagree. I mean, if my plan is to ride up the street with my helmet strapped to the back with the intent of putting it on after I make a stop, I'm a douchebag? That's pretty lame. You're basing your opinion off of 3 seconds of sight, and nothing else.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webman View Post
    Disagree. I mean, if my plan is to ride up the street with my helmet strapped to the back with the intent of putting it on after I make a stop, I'm a douchebag? That's pretty lame. You're basing your opinion off of 3 seconds of sight, and nothing else.
    So, do you normally put your helmet on after you stop?

I don't care if you wear it or not, your choice. I'm just saying that yes, you look like a douchebag (in my eyes) if you're wearing it as a frame slider. The dude riding up Hampden yesterday at highway speeds and faster on a brand-new R1 with his helmet strapped to the tail is a douchebag/squid.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

In Thornton you see what I call them the "Gotti Fade" riders. You know the one that have their hair look like Dragon Ball Z. I guess they dont want to ruin that hair. And their clothes are more expensive then gear alone.

MRA #595
    01' YZF R6 RACE (Kinky Kylie)
    Facebook - Shawn Parrish

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

...<snip> The dude riding up Hampden yesterday at highway speeds and faster on a brand-new R1 with his helmet strapped to the tail is a douchebag/squid. <snip>...

Saw this same guy last night when I was coming out of Home Depot. His brand-new, paper-tagged, 2009 R1 was trashed and he was talking to the police. I have no clue what happened, but it looked like it was a single-vehicle accident. Fortunately he looked like he was no worse for wear, but it just goes to show that it can happen to anyone, anytime. Be safe out there.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski