Thread: Craigslist Cock-smokers!

Craigslist Cock-smokers!

So I was looking around the intrawebz for craigslist cock-sucker tools. You know, the tools that get people pissed off (the actual people with actual shit to sell). Found out there is code/programs out there that actually find all the ads that are selling the same your trying to sell and start flagging them so your ad is the only valid one and get the sale. Also, bulk emailers for scammers, and ways to supposedly edit other peoples posts. What a bunch of dicks!

Time for "craig" to pony up and start doing a little work. I know that will cost money, and I really like that cl is free. But there has good to be middle-ground somewhere where they can limit the d-bag content entering their site.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Re: Craigslist Cock-smokers!

Yeah, unfortunately letting the "inmates run the asylum" brings out all the douchebags and all the ways to create as much spam and bullshit to ruin a great thing.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

They've changed the way their site reacts to flags. An automated tool can't just flag an ad and expect that it gets removed. It must come from multiple sources.

You can't edit an ad that was listed under a user account. You can find ways to edit an ad that wasn't listed under a user account, since the only way to edit those is via a link in an email.

Craigslist is simple and insecure for a reason. Because that's how you keep costs cheap. If you want security or reliability, go sell your shit on ebay or something.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

actually I have had an ad changed on me on craigslist so there has to be a way. Only happened once and I sell any average of 30 items per month on it so its not a huge deal.

CL used to be much cleaner in my opinion. 80 percent of the ads in the denver admin link is bullshit. And I flag the ads daily and they are still there.

I still love CL, dont get me wrong. But it seems as though it is getting polluted pretty quickly, something will have to be done.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugarrey View Post
    I still love CL, dont get me wrong. But it seems as though it is getting polluted pretty quickly, something will have to be done.
    Hiring people to give flagging a "human" response costs money. It's a free service. Also consider that the owners of CL have about zero incentive to make it any more feature-rich than it is, as they'd rather have you go sell it on eBay if that's what you want.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I hear ya'll. Just sad to see a good thing go to waste.

Craigslist.... 60% of the time... it sucks everytime.
    -2000 Suzuki TL1000R and 2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R-