View Poll Results: Where to go in Mexico?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Felipe

1 11.11%
  • Puerto Penasco

3 33.33%
  • ???

5 55.56%

Thread: Mini Vacation in Mexico Poll

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Mini Vacation in Mexico Poll

The missus and I are going to Mexico for a long weekend.
    I am riding the bike to Yuma and Krissy is taking the plane.
    We are also meeting a couple in Yuma, coming from LA, riding two up.
    They are going to spend the night with me and then after picking Krissy up at the airport we will be heading south to kick on the beach for the weekend.
    So I need some advice on where to go.
    My choices are,
    1) San Felipe
    2) Puerto Penasco
    3) ?

We would like a place right on the beach,
    perferably a bungalow type place with a low level
    of typical tourista enviroment.
    Has to be good enough for the girls to feel clean,
    but no large resort type place thats crowded.
    Anybody have any place that fits this scenario?

Thanks,
    the Bashes
    Last edited by Bashed; Thu Aug 13th, 2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Re: Min Vacation in Mexico Poll

i used to go to playa del carmen, which is right across the way from cozumel, and on the mayan riviera... playa paraiso is right up the way, and that town is just big enough, and just small enough... there are also beach towns up and down the riviera, which is very pretty...
    you can fly into the cancun airport and it isn't that far away... i think like 15-20 miles, so you have the hotspot just up the way... you are not too far away and just far enough away, if you get what i mean

it is sort of just my preference...

Re: Min Vacation in Mexico Poll

Depends on how far down you want to go. Last year I rode to Kino and it was very very relaxed (to the point where I got bored).

Here. It's about 5 hours into Mexico but great if you're looking for some alone time. There's a few retired Americans that live there and the house across the street from where I was staying had a car from Boulder parked there.

The beach
    The trip
    Last edited by Jason ON; Thu Aug 13th, 2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: To add stuff
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Re: Mini Vacation in Mexico Poll

Quote Originally Posted by whitebrad View Post
    i used to go to playa del carmen, which is right across the way from cozumel, and on the mayan riviera... playa paraiso is right up the way, and that town is just big enough, and just small enough... there are also beach towns up and down the riviera, which is very pretty...
    you can fly into the cancun airport and it isn't that far away... i think like 15-20 miles, so you have the hotspot just up the way... you are not too far away and just far enough away, if you get what i mean

it is sort of just my preference...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    Depends on how far down you want to go. Last year I rode to Kino and it was very very relaxed (to the point where I got bored).

Here. It's about 5 hours into Mexico but great if you're looking for some alone time. There's a few retired Americans that live there and the house across the street from where I was staying had a car from Boulder parked there.

The beach
    The trip
    This trip needs to be within a reasonable riding distance from Yuma.
    So with this in mind ,5 hours is really pushing it two up for a vacation.
    The other suggestion is not in scope.
    Thanks
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

oops! all i saw was the flying part...

stupid skimming!

you want northern mexico? there are towns all around ensenada... my sister and her husband used to go to a town just north of there... not sure of the name

sorry again, i thought you were flying

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Puerto Penasco has better views and better trigger fishing. San Felipe is waaaay bigger and has many more bars to carouse.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Woohoo! Puerto Penasco is the shiznit! RoCkY pOiNT!!! Did I mention it is only a few hours from me now that I am stationed in Tucson AZ? Woohoo....!
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

Was in Cabo San Lucas about a decade ago. Definitely a fun place, but I don't know what its like as of recent. The beaches are awesome...everywhere. IMO you can't go wrong as long as you stick to the "recommended" list.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

not a choice but the new hotspot is riviera maya. bout 15 min from playa del carmen

AKA "Devaclis"

Holy crap, a post from Lo Lo!!!!

I have nothing to contribute, sorry.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I have been to Playa twice now. Loved it.
    Going to Cozumel for 8 days end of the month. I am addicted to ALL-Inclusive Iberostar hotels.
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Holy crap, a post from Lo Lo!!!!

I have nothing to contribute, sorry.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

HAHA! Caught ya all off guard! I am always lurking, waiting to chime in, when someone is in distress!
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

Quote Originally Posted by (( LO LO )) View Post
    HAHA! Caught ya all off guard! I am always lurking, waiting to chime in, when someone is in distress!
    Thanks buddy, good to hear you are still out there kickin ass.

Peace Bash