Thread: OPEN, FREE MRA Practice after the schools!

OPEN, FREE MRA Practice after the schools!

In order to allow racers to get a current, first person view of CDR for themselves, the MRA Board has decided to allow racers to come out and ride CDR for FREE, after each of the schools. This is an open practice, here are the details:

Who can ride during this free practice? Any currently-licensed MRA racer, or a student from one of this year's schools who successfully passed.

When is this going to happen? Immediately following each of the MRA schools. These will both be on Saturdays, April 2 and April 16.

What time? We will finish the schools sometime around 2pm. We will run the practice until 5pm or so.

Is this just a track day, or what? Kind of. We may break it into sessions depending on the level of participation, but we'll see what happens.

It's free for racers, but can a non-racer (aka street rider, or someone with a non-current license) pay to ride at the same time? No. ONLY licensed MRA racers and class students will be allowed to use the track.

I haven't received my license in the mail yet. Can I still come out? Absolutely. Just bring last year's license with you, and have Tony Baker (who will be there) verify you have applied for an 05 license. If you have not yet applied for your 05 license, bring the application and forms with you to turn in. We're being fairly generous with this, but need to limit it to people who are going to race in 2005, since this is intended to be an educational experience on CDR.

I wont' be taking the school until the 16th, can I still come ride on the 2nd? No, however after your school on the 16th you will be able to stick around and ride.

Please post any questions, etc. Otherwise, bring your bike, gear, etc and we'll see you on the 2nd and 16th!

So, IF I pass the class on the 2nd, can we all ride for free after the 16th class?
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Buddau";p="187059
    IF I pass the class on the 2nd, can I ride for free after the 16th class?
    Yes, IF you have also purchased a 2005 race license. If you have taken the class but not purchased a license you will not be able to ride on the 16th.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Re: OPEN, FREE MRA Practice after the schools!

Sorry for the last minute question, but can we still apply for the MRA class for 4/2 or 4/16?
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Do we have to go through tech to ride?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Devil954";p="189983
    Do we have to go through tech to ride?????????
    Is that going to be a problem for you?

No problem here I just didnt want to safety wire until I prep for race 1 . Just wondering if we need to set up for tech or not .

For the school, no tech. For practice, well actually I'm not sure!

...I would prefer to see all of us safety wired up rather than not, as I prefer to be riding then watching Ralph have to clean up wrecks at the first open track of the year.

I remember having to tech in years past for school-day open track afternoons, but we will have to see what Bart-man has to say.

dave@MotoSix DOT com |
    MRA #31, WERA #311

Bart-man says, he will not do a full tech for the school or after-school practices, however he will walk around the pits and look for gross violations. Obviously any official reserves the right to prevent you from riding if we see something bad.

I'd prefer not to pick up your broken bikes either, so please take care of the basic stuff before you come out. No leaks, things falling off, check and make sure your controls are secure, bolts are snug, etc.

I loved racing at CDR. It was my favorite track. I haven't had the pleasure to run PPIR yet, but the track up north was so much fun. It also has a few good challeges, as well. I hope those of you who haven't been there yet, enjoy it as much as I have.

I am in the process of looking for an inexpensive race bike to get back into it. Maybe I'll see some of you out there soon. Good luck and ride safe.

Shane

I'm with you blue, I like CDR, and FREE track time to boot

Making the world a safer place, through Psychokinesis
    This moment brought to you in part by WWW.BOXHEAD.US

Safety wire your calipers etc up to you if they are not teching BUT PLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE wire up your oil filters, make sure you have your hose clamp on those and wired up, that and the drain plug, and cap.

Last year Justin was practicing at SCR and the rider in front of him forgot to wire his filter, well it decided to come off in the esses at SCR going CCW, needless to say it put justin down in a heartbeat. so please have the oily stuff wired up!!! wreck on your own if you forget to do your pinch bolts/calipers but dont put people behind you at risk w/ oil.

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper";p="190457
    I'm with you blue, I like CDR, and FREE track time to boot
    Exactly, now if you guys can help me find an inexpensive scooter, I would be right out there with ya enjoying the FREE track time!!!

Good points Jason. FYI, if you leak all over the track and aren't broken yourself, I'm going to make you help clean it up.

Just remember kids, the free track time only counts if you have a 2005 race license or are a student in the school that day! You can pay for the license same-day if you want, but we will be checking (and Santa Tony knows if you're good or bad)...