Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rollins Pass

Re: Rollins Pass

Heres the few pictures I got. I guess my phone lacks in the picture quality department.

A few more.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Here is the old tourist program:

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Nice ride....next year the SM is coming and I will join you.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

And if you ever made it to Corona ..............

I have a plate from the hotel on my shelf that I picked off the ground when I was 6 years. Just sayin.

Last edited by Nick_Ninja; Sun Aug 16th, 2009 at 09:57 PM.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

This is not an attempt to take any wind outta the sails of the crew that rode:

Todays site where the hotel used to hang. History --- either you are included ----- or not.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SloBlue View Post
    I've ridden my mountain bike up the Jenny Creek Trail and Rollins Pass Rd. to Yankee Doodle Lake. I've gone most of the way on my XR250. I am very impressed with anyone who can/would/did take a Yamaha FZ1 up that road. All I can say is, "wow".
    Thanks kindly. It's a Kawasaki Z705S, though.

Woke up at 4:00 this a.m. Getting outta my car after an hour drive, my legs are like, "You want us to do what?" lol Gonna have to take a little walk at lunch today, just to remind my body it still needs to do it's job.

What a day!

I will definitely take the bike in for a once-over. Funny thing yesterday while riding standing up, I found myself wanting to whip the bike side by side like a dirt bike past the rocks and stuff. Did really well going up. Was completely whipped myself coming back down...lol.

So, what's next? Riding by moonlight?
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I remember driving on the trestles all the way through to winter park in the early 70's.

Mid eighties there was a road cut through at the lake that went up the back side to the tunnel and on over to winter park. The guy doing work on the tunnel cut it so people could drive over and bypass the tunnel. That is until the forest service told him to close it or maybe it was too dangerous with a hairpin over really loose rocks.

He had to finally stop trying to shore up the tunnel when a rock fell on a guy's foot and they had to amputate it.

Jenny creek trail is a good one as well. It crosses the creek a few times and also you have to ride/drive through the creek for a small protion of the ride/drive. It's a great trail through the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    This is not an attempt to take any wind outta the sails of the crew that rode:

Todays site where the hotel used to hang. History --- either you are included ----- or not.
    Dayum N_N we were on the wrong side! can you ride over that wooden plank section? Better not have vertigo.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...