Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does Grand Prixx stay in buisness!!!

Re: How does Grand Prixx stay in buisness!!!

Looks like I am in the same boat as most others here. When buying my R6 earlier this year, I checked with GP and their pricing was over $1,000 more than Vickerys price for the same bike at the same time, this was before they advertised their MRSP trade thing I believe. However as far as gear goes, they did great, i bought my jacket, pants, and boots from them and had a buddy do the same due to their service. As far as maintenance or repair, I only have one experience and that was with Coyote, they did a great job and same day which nobody could beat.

Forgot to add this, a couple of years ago when I still had my FZR, GrandPrix pretty much bent over backwards trying to find me a lightbulb for a turn signal. They searched through a drawer full of little light bulbs trying to find a good match, that really impressed me and probably the reason why I bought some of my gear there.
    Last edited by sergio; Tue Aug 18th, 2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

I’ve worked at GPM and at Fay. I’m not privy to the business plan at either dealership, but I can assure you that Bill knows what he is doing and is a very smart businessman. I believe Fay is more volume focused than is GPM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Word of mouth is huge no matter what. Maybe not so much in the big cities, but it is still large. Let's hear it for Rocky Mountain Kawasaki.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Is there still wheelies at bike night?

I bought my latest bike from Sun Honda in Thornton. I hate being lied to just for the sake of lying. I called the salesman specifically because I heard they took in my bike as a trade the day before and I wanted one. I brought the cash and basically he sold it to me before he opened his mouth whether he knew that or not. But then he started blabbering on about things and told me the bike traded in from the original owner.
    When I got the title and seen that the last owner titled it only a yr prior then I knew right then that I was lied to. I still don't understand why the dumb ass would lie about something like that becuase now, I wouldn't buy anything from that dude again.
    He also gave me a discount card for new tires which it needed, but in the end, 303 cycle was WAY cheaper even with Sun's dumb ass discount card.

I purchase gear at GPM, parts for street and dirt at Fay Myers, simple service issues and tires at 303 cycle, and will never purchase a bike from Sun again.
    I may not go down in history, but I might go down on your sister!

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Is there still wheelies at bike night?
    Nah, I think there was an insurance issue with Boston's. They haven't done the stunt show but maybe once or twice total
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I vote for Grand Prix and 303 Cycles. Chris from GP and David at 303 are always willing to bend over backwards for me. I haven't had any issues at all. I haven't bought my bikes new though....I did price them out and agree that Fay was alot more willing to deal. As far as Parts and Service though...These are the men I go to!

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

When I was looking for a bike in April neither Fay or Grand Prix seemed like they were too interested in selling a bike. I went in knowing I either wanted an 07 GSXR or CBR and told the sales people that. Fay had an 07 CBR and GP had an 07 GSXR. I told the sales people at both that I wanted a test ride and that it was between one or the other. The guy at Fay wanted to play the numbers game right off the bat and talk about what bikes were in my price range instead of listening to what I wanted and letting the bike sell itself (which it did when I finally got to ride one). Because he didn't want to let me ride the bike I knew I wanted without playing numbers and when I played his game and he was either unable or unwilling to deal and basically told me to go to the dealer that I found the same bike at for less I walked out disgusted. At Grand Prix the staff at least was very pleasant and wanted to accommodate me but they had a no test ride policy. Only when I explained that I absolutely would not buy the bike without a test ride and would not sign a contract to buy the bike with a 24 hour return period did they let me take it out. When I came back and started playing numbers they at least were close on price but wanted to throw in charges that I wasn't willing to pay. In the end I went with a private seller who offered to let me test ride it right off the bat and saved between $1500-$2000 with no haggling.
    The time to hesitate is through
    No time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love become a funeral pyre

07 cbr600rr - cookie
    02 yzf600r - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Wyck View Post
    In the end I went with a private seller who offered to let me test ride it right off the bat and saved between $1500-$2000 with no haggling.
    Me too...Got my bike way below book.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by sloridr View Post
    Its sad that the sales dept is so bad. I wanted to trade my bike in on another used bike and the guy wouldn't give me shit for my trade-in.

However i had to take my bike in to get the sprockets changed and a new chain. Well the tech to 2 to many links out and bottomed out my axle. When i pointed it out, they put a new chain on; on there dime. And installed new rear brake free of labor charges.

So for the Sales.
    For the Service
    I went to Vickery to look at my R6 - There was a guy at Vickery that said "can you afford this bike??" (really rude too - I just laughed at him - he must have been having a bad day or a bad life for that fact). I just walked out. Not Sure if I would ever go back.

Did my homework - target a specific bike (even down to the color). Then
    I emailed all of the dealerships around town that had that exact bike(apples for apples). Went with the one with the best OTD price... I don't have time for games. If they want to move the unit - they'll work with you to an extent.

GP had the best price - had it on paper (printed email). Of Course they are a dealership and they want to sell you on other things like Protection Plans/Lo Jack/Warranty stuff. Some stuff might be good like Lo-Jack since everyone knows someone on here that has had their bike stolen/jacked.

I think Chris and the Parts/Accessories Dept. are pretty awesome. They really do try to do their best even when they are slammed.
    And no Business is perfect all of the time.
    Remember it is your money - it is your time.

AKA "Devaclis"

Chris AND Tim ad Grand Prix are the reason I go there.

I would not buy a new bike there, ever.

I do my own service to save the $86/hour labot charge (wish I could write that shit off on my taxes).

It is your right as a customer to go elsewhere. It is their right, as proprietor, to run their business however they see fit.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Seems to me that the general concensace (spelling?)is that GP has an awesome service and part dept. Of which i'll take full advantage of when i need too. Seeings how i'm new to denver and don't know the names or locations of but a couple of shops. GP Honda on santa fe and epic up north. If any one feels froggy and want to write a list of the name of some more shops i'd love to find them and check'm out.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

^^ Cue DK's 303Cycles plug...

Jim at TFOG in Golden - Service & parts
    David or Wade at 303 Cycles near Hampden & 285 - Minor service (like tire changes) and parts
    Chris at Grand Prix - Great parts/accessories & service
    Fay Myers - I-25 & Arapahoe (offers a CSC discount on parts last I knew... )
    Heard mixed things about Erico just outside of downtown and less than favorable reviews of Faster! Motorsports in Denver.
    Dunno anything about Coyote Motorsports north of Lodo
    Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Ft. Collins (I think? ) is very good on parts & I've heard service too

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone else...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

MetaLord Your rock thank you. It'll be a nice around the city ride from shop to shop. Call it shop hoppin...
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

^^That tends to be a January pasttime since the canyons are usually filled with snow & mag chloride
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

AKA "Devaclis"

mmmmmm snooooooowwwwwww
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

A couple more (and my choices):

Supertune Motorsports (44th & Wadsworth)- Mike's a great guy and a hell of a mechanic. Will take in anything and won't BS you about what it will take to get your ride running right. The only place I'll take my Triumph for work that I can't do myself.

Vickery Motorsports (Parker Road & Iliff) - I've had positive experiences here and buy my dirt stuff there.

Aurora Honda
    (Alameda & Potomac) - Small family owned shop. Tim's really cool and willing to help you out with whatever you need.

Foothill BMW & Triumph (Colfax & Wadsworth) - For people who believe that not all euro bikes come from Italy...Super friendly staff, knowledgeable service department. Top notch customer service.
    Last edited by salsashark; Wed Aug 19th, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I get my bike back today from Epic So i'll share with you all about my experiance.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

anybody do business with OTD on Colfax?

never been up there but wondering about the sales floor and service dept.
    twisty mountain hop

If you own a kawasaki, there is no better place to go then RMK in Longmont.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    ^^ Cue DK's 303Cycles plug...

Jim at TFOG in Golden - Service & parts
    David or Wade at 303 Cycles near Hampden & 285 - Minor service (like tire changes) and parts
    Chris at Grand Prix - Great parts/accessories & service
    Fay Myers - I-25 & Arapahoe (offers a CSC discount on parts last I knew... )
    Heard mixed things about Erico just outside of downtown and less than favorable reviews of Faster! Motorsports in Denver.
    Dunno anything about Coyote Motorsports north of Lodo
    Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Ft. Collins (I think? ) is very good on parts & I've heard service too

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone else...
    You forgot "Rybo's magic garage" in Milliken....

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    You forgot "Rybo's magic garage" in Milliken....
    Yeah, but I'd be hesitant to leave my bike there overnight on account of it might show up on Ebay...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riverock View Post
    anybody do business with OTD on Colfax?

never been up there but wondering about the sales floor and service dept.
    I've never done business with them, but they did sponsor the CSC BBQ this year. I dealt with Jake, the sales manager, and he seemed to be a straight up guy. I'd definitely consider giving them a visit if I was in the market for another bike.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

I have been to GP many times, and never, not once, had a good experience. This included service, accessories, and looking at a new bike. After a really bad incident I emailed the management and explained the situation. Someone responded and basically called me a liar. I told him their security cameras would easily verify my story, and then never heard back from them. Funny.

I wrote in my final email to them that I would never spend another dime there, and I haven't. That was 4 years ago. Fuck Grand Prix.

Sun tried to rip a buddy off a few years ago. The sales dork quoted him a price (I was there), then when he went in the next day to finalize the deal the sales dork upped the price by an even $1000. He told my friend he had heard wrong. They didn't sell a bike either.