Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does Grand Prixx stay in buisness!!!

Re: How does Grand Prixx stay in buisness!!!

Its kinda weird how everyone here likes their sales people and parts guys but wont buy a bike from them (well majority). I agree. I actually did buy my first bike from the before I knew what I was doing, but when i was looking for a ninja 250 they didn't act like they even cared if I bought the bike if I wasnt willing to pay full price plus dealer charges. Fay was willing to work on the price even on a very very hard to get bike. I like to buy gear at GP even if I pay a little more because they are always very helpful and usually have what Im looking for, but I doubt I will ever buy another bike there.

2003 Triumph Bonneville (Goodwood green with gold inlay)

2006 Fusion White Speed Triple (SOLD)

HMMMMM

IMO I think if you dont like the place then dont go. Its just that simple.
    I know one thing they have been in the motorcycle game for years
    I think they know what they are doing good or bad.

the shuffleboards nice too boot!

The consensus is dead on. I went to GP with my brother. We were both considering new rides, we asked the guy about ballpark figures and he told us that they can't give a ballpark or he could get fired. He asked how our credit was, trade ins, etc. Told him everything and he said he would need paperwork filled out anyway. I didn't even get to a point of discussing the costs, his attitude rubbed me the wrong way and I left. The next day we ended up at Fay Myers, and my brother bought a bike from them. They were willing to negotiate, they were fairly up front with everything and didn't treat us like shit.

On the flip side, I always seem to get good service from the parts guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sloridr View Post
    Its sad that the sales dept is so bad. I wanted to trade my bike in on another used bike and the guy wouldn't give me shit for my trade-in.
    See, here's the shit of it. Getting factory rebates and/or negotiating prices down from MSRP at the time of sale lowers the value of the entire product line. Not saying it's a bad thing to get a better price than sticker, but that is the bottom line - it's just the nature of the business.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Strange, I would think the nature of business would be to sell product by convincing the buyer that they are getting value for their money.

I don’t see how selling a $10,000 bike for $8,000 lowers the valve for everybody. The next person in line could buy the exact same $10,000 bike for $12,000. Also long as both believes in get value for their money.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    See, here's the shit of it. Getting factory rebates and/or negotiating prices down from MSRP at the time of sale lowers the value of the entire product line. Not saying it's a bad thing to get a better price than sticker, but that is the bottom line - it's just the nature of the business.
    Holy Sh!t a post from Jenny!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Can't be the real Jenny...

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Strange, I would think the nature of business would be to sell product by convincing the buyer that they are getting value for their money.

I don’t see how selling a $10,000 bike for $8,000 lowers the valve for everybody. The next person in line could buy the exact same $10,000 bike for $12,000. Also long as both believes in get value for their money.
    Plus you lower your price to go with a volume-based sales plan which, given the current economic times, is probably a more reasonable course to chart.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

take some friends with you to help you nego....

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    boinggggggggggggg!

I've haven't bought a bike from them, so I can't comment about buying experience...

But on a postive note... They do make an effort to support the local sportbike community. They were sponsoring the bostons bike nights, the were up at bandimere with the bike racing this summer and I do remember them having a bbq at their shop a month or two ago also they do organize rides from their shop... I think it should be recognized that they do these things for the riding community ...

I can't say much about the people at GP because I don't know any of them and only dealt with one of them... he was a nice guy but vague on details. Unfortunately I have to agree with everyone else... I was in the Market for a used SV1000, they had a used 05 with 45,000 miles on it. Their asking price was rediculous! especially given the condition of the bike (some small dents on the tank and some scratches on the rear) as well as the high miles... in the end I'm actually thankful for their lack of salesmenship and over all ways of handleing buisness because had I bought that piece of shit I'd have never found the kick ass bike I ride today! so for that... Thanks GP {=0)

Further more... I'm certain these guys do a lot for the Sport Bike community, it shows in their participation at bike night and other events which I'm sure everyon is thankful for... Without them there would be no helmet give away ect. ect. but just because you show your face and support events doesn't necessarily mean you're a reputable buisness {=0(

on that note... I MISS BIKE NIGHT!!! boo
    "Be excellent to each other" :Bill and Ted

First let me say I am happy with GP's sponsoring if the Bike Night and their attitude towards sportbikes and the community in general. That being said ...

In 2005 when I was trying to buy my first SV, a friend of mine had a friend working at GP and told me to buy from that guy. I called and they had a 2003 (new) sitting on the showroom floor. This bike had been there for two years without a buyer. Having done my research, I expected to pay somewhere around cost for the bike just to get it off their floor and would've been surprised if they didn't try and sweeten the deal a bit. However, the friend of a friend (who came with me) kept treating it like it was a brand new bike "Zero miles," and all that stuff even though it was two years old. He wouldn't budge on price and I had cash-in-hand. After all was said and done, I went to Fay Meyers on another recommendation (from Scott at Mile High Busa Club) and ended up settling on an OTD price with the sales director (a friend of Scott's) on a '05 SV1K that was cheaper than the price at GP for the '03.

However, I know I've mentioned on another thread about FM, my total buying experience sucked because even though we agreed to a final OTD price and I had to put down $500 (non-refundable) for them to order the bike from Suzuki, the administrative girl in the back hit me with all the crappy fees, nearly $1000 worth. When I asked to speak with the sales director she told me he was on vacation and I could give up my $500 if I wanted to walk.

I will never buy a bike from GP and Fay Meyers will never get an ounce of my money. I won't even buy a soda from their machines.

For service, I have never been treated wrong by TFOG or 303.

For buying, well, we'll see next time. This SV i have now I got from Apex in CoSprings and was while the price was still good for a new bike, this one had been there for 18 months and they had it for a steal a week before I made it down there and wouldn't work with me for the previous week's price.

All in all, I think stealerships suck.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

It is a NO WIN SITUATION
    We all want too much for ours and we want to pay nothing for the one we are buying.
    So all you can do is be a smart buyer and do your research.
    It is not anyone else's responsibiltiy to do it for you.
    This is America, we have earned the right to make a profit!
    You do not ask King Soopers to discount the $3 gallon of milk that cost them ninety cents! Even though you could. It's just that your father or uncle or the media hasn't stated you are being ripped off yet.
    It is always the story "they wouldn't give me enough for my trade"
    Well that's because you wanted too much and you wouldn't give enough for the one you want. It is funny when the table's are turned.
    Just a thought!

I own a shop and its small. I made a decsion to open it in this crazy economy.

My point is people or shops have come and gone in Denver for a long time now. I worked for a dealership that is now out of business.
    Their business model was to be the cheapest with no fee's. Well now they have nothing and went under. You can use whatever gimic or blowout price BS for a bit. However it will come back and kick you in the ass.

By the way they were in Business for over 14 years. My point is that I may be $10 or even $20 more than the competition. Sometimes I'm cheaper. The main concern is did you get value??? Is the service worth
    going there? I shop for prices and no matter how cheap you think you
    are there is someone else with a better price for whatever reason. Overstock, Blowout, Going out of Business ect ect ect.

Ask yourself will they still be around in a year. May not sound like
    a big deal but it is to some. Its hard to see people sell tires or bikes or
    whatever at cost or just a bit over to drive business. To me its a about
    the whole shop all the way around and not just the $$$ ...

Also R1NORI is also right on the $$$.

Dealers have overhead such as rent, employees blah, blah, blah to pay for. In the end we are the ones paying for it. It’s the nature of the business. Bottom line you want a good deal, buy used from a private owner. We have great tools at hand today like Ebay / Craigslist where you can find your dream bike. Let someone else take the hit and you can save $$$$. If you don’t have cash in hand your bank will finance you. I bought my bike a few years back and I paid less than what it is listed at blue book today.
    Lastly, if you do buy from a dealer keep in mind you are the one stuck with the four year payment plan not the dealership so don't let them bully you around.

Private partys usually want way too much for their bike.
    If you want a good deal spend a couple million on your own dealership and get everything at cost.
    If you had $5000 in the stock market and you lost it all you would be pissed! That's because you want a return on your investment.ie profit (weird?)
    Even if you broke even you would be pissed!

People need to get over everyone owes them something.

I’m with sp0rtgrl. There are plenty of primo used bikes with excellent value if you just look. Not much reason to buy new….at least for my money.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I bought a new busa at Grand Prix last year, and another busa this year at Fay Myers.

The Grand Prix incident was expensive, and time consuming; not one to repeat.

The Fay Myers incident saved me money, and LOTS of time. The purchase was effortless compared to Grand Prix.

I have nothing but horrible luck with the Grand Prix service department. I could go into detail, but you would think I was making it up, to unbelievable to be true, still...

go for it!

I had a fairly bad experience with GPM. It's too bad too, they are really close to my work up on lucent. I bought my old bike from GPM (Ninja 650r). When I bought the bike I decided to pick up lojack, but to pay for it they opened up a kawasaki credit card and charge it to that(yes I was dumb enough to fall for it, live and learn). Later, I decided that I didn't want lojack(since I park it in a pretty safe location and it just wasn't an exepensive enough bike to spend 20% of the cost of the bike on lojack). Since the lojack hadn't been installed yet, I decided I'd like to cancel the lojack and get my money back(over a thousand dollars). I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since it wasn't installed yet. When I tried to cancel it, they first tried to convince me that I really did need it(which I expected). I wasn't convinced so I continued to sternly say "I dont want it, I want my money back please". They then told me that they did not know how to cancel it(they claimed no one has cancelled it like this before). I couldn't believe it. It took several phone calls going over this same stuff(trying to convince me I need it and then claiming to have trouble cancelling it) before anything happened. It took over a month to get this cancelled. Good thing I traded in my Ninja for my current bike(08 Gixxer 600) over at Fay Myers. Now, I won't have to deal with those guys again.
    "For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring" Carl Sagan